View Full Version : Do bedtime doses make you sleep?

ampakine
04-17-15, 09:58 AM
I was prescribed bupropion XR yesterday, I tried 300 mg (double my dose in order to see the effects) yesterday at 5PM. I felt great for the whole day and had loads of motivation for the whole day, as well as the night but I couldn't sleep at all, its nearly 24 hours since I dosed and I barely slept 3 hours.

I was really relaxed while on the bupropion, especially during the night (maybe cuz my blood plasma levels were lower?) so I'm wondering if taking another dose now will let me sleep, or if that'll keep me awake for another god knows how many hours.

Maurice
04-19-15, 01:09 AM
I was prescribed bupropion XR yesterday, I tried 300 mg (double my dose in order to see the effects) yesterday at 5PM. I felt great for the whole day and had loads of motivation for the whole day, as well as the night but I couldn't sleep at all, its nearly 24 hours since I dosed and I barely slept 3 hours.

I was really relaxed while on the bupropion, especially during the night (maybe cuz my blood plasma levels were lower?) so I'm wondering if taking another dose now will let me sleep, or if that'll keep me awake for another god knows how many hours.

I would not take more. No I don't think that it would help you sleep at all!
Best of luck to you!

sarahsweets
04-19-15, 04:53 AM
Bupropion is not something you can double to feel effects. It takes a few weeks to build up and the effects would be subtle and not instant. Don't play doctor.

Drewbacca
04-21-15, 01:12 AM
It has no effect on my sleep at 300mg.

What Sarah said, don't play doctor. Although I disagree about doubling dose and feeling effects. When I first went from 150mg to 300mg buproprion, it knocked me on my ****. I almost swore it off all together it hit me so hard.

ampakine
04-21-15, 07:26 AM
After the first night, its started inducing hypersomnia, I sleep easier than usual. The downside is that energy and mood boost wasn't there at all the second day. It was the opposite, I was more depressed than usual. What happened you after 2 weeks?

Bupropion is a dopamine and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor (like ritalin) so yes, it will give you immediate effects.

phazonConduit
05-28-15, 07:13 PM
I always take my Wellbutrin in the morning or early afternoon. I've taken it in the evening before and it will not, for the life of me, let me go to sleep (I would continuously toss and turn and in turn my anxiety goes up a bit).

The only time this has worked was when I took Vistaril 45mg with it, and it made me sleep much more easily, but it also made it easier for me to oversleep. I would save it for the day because you'll have the energy for the rest of the day (if you take XL, the effects are immediate, so daytime is the only time I would take it).

JustfixME
06-03-15, 10:58 AM
Wellbutrin has stimulant properties.