View Full Version : Mirtazapin for depression - I'm so tired

EuropeanADHD
04-19-15, 05:50 AM
I've been taking Mirtazapin for 3 full weeks. First 15 mg, now for a week 30 mg. It helps me to sleep, but I'm very tired during the days. I take some ritalin to feel better, but still I have the impression I think and do everything much slower than normally, which is a problem as I'm currently looking for a job (job interviews...).

Ideas, what could help me? I would appreciate it a lot.

Robin.B.P
04-19-15, 06:27 AM
I have tried Mirtazapinwith Ritalin, and that was a horrific experience. No motivation at all, all i could do was to sit still and do nothing.
Tried it also with Vyvanse and it worked great the first 2 months before i got a build up from Vyvanse and had to stop it.

EuropeanADHD
04-19-15, 08:01 AM
I have tried Mirtazapin with Ritalin, and that was a horrific experience. No motivation at all, all i could do was to sit still and do nothing.
Tried it also with Vyvanse and it worked great the first 2 months before i got a build up from Vyvanse and had to stop it.

So this tiredness/ motivationlessness don't go away after taking Mirtazapin for some time?

Robin.B.P
04-19-15, 08:29 AM
No it didnt for me on the same combo.

sarahsweets
04-20-15, 04:26 AM
I believe the brand name is remeron right? If thats the case then with remeron the lower the dose the sleepier you are. For example, someone who takes it for sleep will do better on 15 then 30. Alot of times people will be prescribed this to counter the appetite suppression associated with stimulants.

Robin.B.P
04-20-15, 05:28 AM
For me 15 mg did nothing for sleep, had to take 30 mg to sleep.