View Full Version : Emotion, Stress and Emotional Stress.

mildadhd
04-19-15, 09:05 AM
Emotional, Stress and Emotional Stress

I am trying to understand the terms both separately "emotional" and "stress", and together "emotional stress" better.

The main problem I seem to be having is none of the terms "emotional", "stress" or "emotional stress", specify if they are promoting homeostasis (good) or demoting homeostasis (bad)

There is always at least one basic type of stress response happening, but there is also more than one basic type of stress response possible. (Distress, Eustress)

There is always at least one basic type of emotional response happening, but there is also one or more basic type(s) of emotional response possible (SEEKING, RAGE, FEAR, LUST, CARE, PANIC/GRIEF, PLAY)

I have more comments/questions as the discussion goes.

P

mildadhd
04-19-15, 09:49 AM
There is always at least one basic type of stress response happening, but there is also more than one basic type of stress response possible. (Distress, Eustress)

There is always at least one basic type of emotional response happening, but there is also one or more basic type(s) of emotional response possible (SEEKING, RAGE, FEAR, LUST, CARE, PANIC/GRIEF, PLAY)

What is the difference between "fight, freeze or flight" stress response systems and "RAGE, FEAR, PANIC/GRIEF" primary emotion response systems?

Are they all parts of the same response systems?

P

mildadhd
04-19-15, 10:10 AM
Emotional, Homeostatic and Sensory (feeling) response systems?

P

mildadhd
04-19-15, 12:08 PM
The main problem I seem to be having is none of the terms "emotional", "stress" or "emotional stress", specify if they are promoting homeostasis (good) or demoting homeostasis (bad)

Emotional eustress promotes homeostasis?

Eustress>---------->homeostasis<-----------<Eustress

Emotional distress demotes homeostasis?

Distress<----------<homeostasis>----------->Distress

P

mildadhd
04-19-15, 12:16 PM
Can eustress feel bad?

P