View Full Version : Emotionally unstable Child

CuppieTea
04-21-15, 09:25 PM
Hi Hi,

I have a couple of questions regarding my nearly 6 year old..

He was Diagnosed with adhd in September 2014, hes on 15mg of Ritalin daily (fast release)..

So, He has been ridiculously emotional this past 4-5 weeks.. To the point where he had a massive meltdown because I lost 2 hub caps off my car during my travels over the holidays, he had to come home and write a sign up with a picture to get the world to help me find them, even though I can buy them at the shops and explained this to him.. (still lost the plot)

We had a friend visit, and he melted down over me giving his friend a high 5 because she won at playing the wii (which she had never played before and I was helping her)
He lost it when she got off the trampoline to go to the toilet,
He has just been so highly emotional about everything of late and I just find them to be such silly things to be emotional over..

So my next question is, Has anyone done hypnosis for emotional kids? Is there such a thing? Thoughts on it? Any other alternative therapies I could try?

Im going to end up in a padded cell if it continues like this..

:thankyou:

Lunacie
04-21-15, 09:34 PM
If he is getting more emotional in late afternoon, it could be that he needs
a booster dose of ritalin.

CuppieTea
04-21-15, 10:18 PM
If he is getting more emotional in late afternoon, it could be that he needs
a booster dose of ritalin.

I do notice he does get a bit more emotional in the evenings, but it happens all day... He had his cross country today and lost it after his race cause he didn't win.. Everything is so emotional for him.. No one won the race, its all just for fun.. But he takes it personally!

Lunacie
04-21-15, 10:22 PM
This is all very typical for ADHD, especially at his age.
He might need a dose increase, or just that booster dose.
Talk to your doctor and see what he/she recommends.

sarahsweets
04-29-15, 04:43 AM
Have you considered therapy? From personal experience with three kids with adhd, they all benefited from therapy growing up. My youngest just started it again. It might not have much sway with the adhd symptoms but it can really help a child to find their voice.

BellaVita
04-29-15, 05:31 AM
Have you considered therapy? From personal experience with three kids with adhd, they all benefited from therapy growing up. My youngest just started it again. It might not have much sway with the adhd symptoms but it can really help a child to find their voice.

Yeah, but make sure it's a good therapist who doesn't make the kid feel bad for their ADHD.