View Full Version : Strattera

Add-free
04-30-15, 02:09 PM
I seem to be really responding to this medication, I started taking 25mg for two weeks, then 40mg for a month and just recently moved up to 60mg. Its as if I dont have adhd anymore. Im hyper but can focus on a task without jumping to another; thoughts are organized and so is my house. I just started taking fish oils today and it seems like its put me in hyper focus.

I will keep you guys updated on my journey with Strattera! :)

Add-free
05-03-15, 08:02 AM
Just added a magnesium supplement, it's really helping with the hyperactivity; slows the mind down a bit !

ahmeda
05-04-15, 02:06 AM
I seem to be really responding to this medication, I started taking 25mg for two weeks, then 40mg for a month and just recently moved up to 60mg. Its as if I dont have adhd anymore. Im hyper but can focus on a task without jumping to another; thoughts are organized and so is my house. I just started taking fish oils today and it seems like its put me in hyper focus.

I will keep you guys updated on my journey with Strattera! :)

I am glad it is working for you: it seems, that for many it doesn´t. I will have my Strattera-experience on my summer vacation: do not dare to start while working, I am afraid that I will "flip".

Add-free
05-04-15, 09:08 AM
Magnesium is key for the hyperactivity, it's day 3 and don't feel like my energy has decreased but my hyperness is definitely gone. Must of been deficient.

Strattera 60mg
Fish oil 500mg of epa & dha
Magnesium 500mg
Multivitamin

Meteodan
05-04-15, 03:18 PM
Strattera worked well for me, too. Stupid side effects made me eventually give it up, otherwise I'm quite sure I'd still be taking it!

Add-free
05-04-15, 05:41 PM
Only side effect I ever had was drowsiness and that went away, thank god!

Add-free
05-06-15, 10:34 AM
People say they can't focus on strattera, I can't see how that can be because it helps me tremendously. I do one thing at a time and accomplish a lot more than before. I choose what's more important and start with that, working my way down the list.

Meteodan
05-08-15, 09:56 AM
Everyone is different. A medication that may work well for one person may not work at all for another.

Add-free
05-08-15, 07:17 PM
You're right, but WHEN strattera works, in my case IT WORKS!

What I've gained from it:
- organization
- drive
- focus
- organized thoughts (not racing)
- the ability to listen when someone speaks (no interrupting)
- less anxiety

If you are thinking of giving strattera a try, you must have patience. It tends to give more side effects than benefits (in the beginning) but side effects should subside by time you're at the 6 - 8 week mark and your target dose. I myself prefer the 24hr effect over stimulants, but that's my opinion.

icarusinflames
05-08-15, 09:48 PM
I am so encourage to hear this. Because Strattera may be my only option if they think my heart is too old for Ritilin or those kinds of drugs. I may be open to trying it. Considering how much my family gobbles sudafed, I feel like strattera could be life changing for me too.

You're right, but WHEN strattera works, in my case IT WORKS!

What I've gained from it:
- organization
- drive
- focus
- organized thoughts (not racing)
- the ability to listen when someone speaks (no interrupting)
- less anxiety

If you are thinking of giving strattera a try, you must have patience. It tends to give more side effects than benefits (in the beginning) but side effects should subside by time you're at the 6 - 8 week mark and your target dose. I myself prefer the 24hr effect over stimulants, but that's my opinion.

Add-free
05-09-15, 07:41 AM
One thing I didn't mention was how it has effected me at work. I can actually focus on the task at hand rather than wanting to skip to another because I'm bored of doing the same thing. This was my biggest struggle and the reason I seeked medication. 25mg helped a little, 40mg was almost perfect and 60mg in my eyes is the key to functioning properly at work. I went so many years without it and wish I was on it sooner (:

Add-free
05-18-15, 10:09 AM
Was just put on paxil a week ago, I've read that this increases the effects of strattera and I should take half my target dose. So now it's like I'm on 120mg at 185 lbs