View Full Version : From Zoloft to Cymbalta

finallyfound10
05-03-15, 12:20 PM
I'm trying 30mg/day of Cymbalta now. Today is the first day. I'm about an hour in so far do good!

I'll keep of you posted!!

finallyfound10
05-03-15, 08:47 PM
I'm replying to my own post about my first day on Cymbalta.

I was fairly nauseous for about 2 hours then I ate a sandwich and felt better but I had eaten before taking it so maybe I had not eaten enough?

unafragger
05-06-15, 12:32 PM
I'm really curious to see how you did -- I followed the same journey. 100mg of Zoloft made me a zombie, cold turkey'd it. Have started 30mg of Cymbalta, didn't really find that it helped, and I'm afraid to double up because of the way the Zoloft made me feel. I've stopped taking the Cymbalta now (after about a month on). I may have given up too soon.

The adderall seems to be the best thing for me right now, but I don't know if I can rely on that. :/

Fuzzy12
05-06-15, 12:45 PM
I think, I initially felt a bit nauseous and light headed with cymbalta (and also when I stopped cold turkey) but that side effect didn't last long. I used to take either or 60 or 80mg, at higher doses it made me extremely sleepy.

All in all, it wasn't too bad with hardly any side effect.

Best of luck. Hope it helps and hope it helps soon.

finallyfound10
05-06-15, 10:39 PM
Thanks to those who responded!

unafragger- Did you find anything to work? Fuzzy- Are you still on it?

MY UPDATE:

I was so tired that I slept for 13 hours and right now, I haven't been up for 12 hours yet and want to go back to bed!! I felt lightheaded 2 days ago but it went away after a few minutes. I haven't been nauseous since my second day of taking it and like Concerta seems to suppress my appetite.

I'll keep you posted!

Greyhound1
05-19-15, 10:46 PM
How is the Cymbalta going? I just started it today with 30mg a day.

I am hopeful it will help with anxiety and mind racing.

sarahsweets
05-20-15, 04:05 AM
Ive been on cymbalta for about 10 years and it saved my life.

Greyhound1
05-20-15, 05:17 PM
Ive been on cymbalta for about 10 years and it saved my life.
Sarah,
Do you have any tips or recommendations for taking Cymbalta? Dr. told me to continue with dextroamphetamine in the a.m. and at lunch and take my Cymbalta at night with a small meal. Any negative issues experienced in 10 years on it? What mg. do you take? Dr. started me at 30 mg. a day and said that was a low dose and to just call her if I felt I needed a stronger dosage.

I am amazed but I did feel a noticeable difference today after beginning it just yesterday. Today has been one of the least anxious and stressful days I've had in months.

I don't think it was the placebo effect because I was expecting the worst based on my past experiences with so many different anti-depressants. However, they were all prior to my ADHD diagnosis and medication.

Thanks

sarahsweets
05-21-15, 04:53 AM
Greyhound:
Alot of people report cymbalta can make them sleepy but I have never experienced this so I take it in the morning. I dont think its the placebo effect for you either. I was hospitalized 10 years ago and was started on cymbalta at the hospital. I had noticable improvement after 3 days and was discharged early because of it. I take 90 mg. I started on 30 as well.

finallyfound10
05-21-15, 09:26 PM
UPDATE: I "feel" better on Cymbalta. I feel more alive and plugged in. No more nausea or extreme tiredness.

bobabuoy
05-21-15, 11:19 PM
I take 90 mg. I started on 30 as well.

Do you take the 90mg at one time or split the dose? I take 60 mg AM and 30mg after lunch. I wonder if there is any need to do that.

sarahsweets
05-22-15, 04:31 AM
Do you take the 90mg at one time or split the dose? I take 60 mg AM and 30mg after lunch. I wonder if there is any need to do that.

I take all 90 at once.

Greyhound1
06-08-15, 09:56 PM
Cybalta is the first anti d. I've been prescribed to take at night. So far, it's been pretty good. Only, issue is my sleep seems to get interrupted more and I wake up multiple multiple times. This has been an issue for a long time but now it seems worse.

I used to wake up about 4-5 times a night and lately it's been like 8-10 times. I may sleep soundly for an hour or so and wake up for no reason. 15 mins. later I can fall back asleep.

Anyone have sleep issue on cymbalta?

Robin.B.P
06-09-15, 01:30 AM
Yes, i cant seem to sleep if i take Cymbalta at night so i have to take it in the morning.

finallyfound10
06-09-15, 01:40 AM
Still feeling better on Cymbalta but still having depression/anhedonia. I went in thinking/hoping he would take me off of Concerta for something else but he just raised the Cymbalta to 60 mg. This way we will be able to tell if it is REALLY the Concerta causing my issues or perhaps the dose of Cymbalta needed to be higher. Will be going back July 24.

I'll update you on how 60 mg is going. I hope it doesn't make me tired!

finallyfound10
06-19-15, 01:26 AM
I read that people weren't able to sleep so I've taken when I sleep. I work rotating days/nights as a nurse so I sleep during the day. The only thing is that I've had odd vivid dreams that I *think* just started after going up to 60 mg.