View Full Version : quote for ODD

icarusinflames
05-06-15, 08:51 PM
Perhaps many can relate to this. They said my daughter has ODD because she is defiant and says no too much, and she wasn't afraid to kick a chair over to let them know. She has since settled down.

Here's the quote:

Albert Camus once observed: “When deprived of choice, the only freedom left is the freedom to say no.”

I think I felt that way in school. I resented many things about it, and how much I felt that I was not being understood, but was being forced to comply with endless endless things.

Little Missy
05-06-15, 10:05 PM
I have never been big on compliance.

fracturedstory
06-26-15, 07:55 AM
Sounds like me and my Pathological Demand Avoidance syndrome.

People forcing me to do things. Don't want to do things. Feels anxious, keeps getting pushed - explodes into a fit of screams and fists.

sarahsweets
06-26-15, 09:22 AM
f**k the rules.

GeordieDave
06-26-15, 05:33 PM
Agreed, I do what the f**k I want! If someone tells me not to do it, it gives me more pleasure in doing it haha

Little Missy
06-26-15, 06:36 PM
Agreed, I do what the f**k I want! If someone tells me not to do it, it gives me more pleasure in doing it haha

unfortunately...YES!!! I'm in!

But not always.

4rch0n4n6313
07-29-15, 12:24 AM
I learned to create more choices for my son. I tell him he can choose this or that, if he chooses a such and such will happen, if he chooses b such and such will happen. I am careful to make consequences something I have the mental and physical ability to follow through on, otherwise it doesnt help.

I remember trying so hard to follow the rules, and I would get into trouble regardless. Even now..sometimes doing what I feel is right, isnt the right thing to do...