View Full Version : Success Story!

Donny997
05-07-15, 07:38 PM
Hi everybody,

I just want to share my experience with my first time taking medication. I've responded very well so I'm not sure if I will be back here to post, so I feel like I should tell my story so that others can see if and hopefully not lose hope and continue to seek a diagnosis.

So basically, it was my therapist who agreed it was probable I had inattentive ADHD and recommended to my doctor that I do a trial of stimulant meds. My doctor agreed to go with a lose dose of Concerta 18 mg. To give a brief background before I continue... I'm currently on a low dose of SSRI's for depression and anxiety (mostly social anxiety), and nobody had ever suspected I had ADHD - except a few smart kids here and there that made some comments over the years. One friend recently said that when we were kids he thought I was retarded, LOL. Anyway, I did graduate University at 22 so I'm definitely not retarded - but I do have my difficulties.

So, back to my med experience. The first day I didn't notice much; I actually felt a little depressed. But that could have been due to others reasons; I was in a bad mood because I had missed yet another day of work. The meds really kicked in halfway through the second day and on the third day.

On the third day I took 24 mg in the morning and 18 mg in the afternoon. It was like a light was switched on in my brain. I felt awake for the first time. My vision, oddly, became crystal clear - I didn't have to strain my brain to focus on objects or people. My social skills are a little better because I am right on the ball. My speaking and listening skills have improved. Energy is much, much better (not fatigued). My brain fog has improved immensely. And this is the one I'm most pleased about: I used to have mild trouble with fine motor coordination (it's hard to explain, but it was like mild dyspraxia), and now that is completely gone. I can walk straight and I can manipulate objects without even thinking about it; it's kind of weird.

As for focus and concentration, it's a lot better, and I don't feel as self-conscious because I'm actually always basically focused on what I'm doing or who I'm talking to. On that note, my social confidence has also slightly increased - no more anxiety and shyness has lessened.

I just hope it will continue to work, so far it's been almost life-changing. Suddenly I want to socialize again, put more hours in at work, and hit the gym again. Amazing.

I'm still a scattered person and in my own head all the time, but it's much more manageable. It's not debilitating. Besides, I wouldn't want any drug to change who I am or completely mute my inner thoughts, which is where I get a lot of my creativity from.

So I hope anyone who reads this and thinks they might have ADD PI - you might or you might not - but consider pursuing a diagnosis. I wish I hadn't put it off this long. I wasn't a very functional person before and I thought that was just my fate in life. Turns out it wasn't. And it was probably untreated ADHD which has led to a whole host of other difficulties and problems in my life, which could have been dealt with much, much earlier.

But I continued to fight and struggle and achieve things in life despite the disadvantages I now realize were there in the background all along, beneath my awareness (because when you're ADD, that's all you really know). And that has made me a stronger and better person. Am I cured? Hell no! But I think I feel somewhat normal for the first time. :yes:

ahmeda
05-08-15, 02:17 AM
Hi everybody,

...Am I cured? Hell no! But I think I feel somewhat normal for the first time. :yes:

First of all :yes:. I am very happy for you :).

Your post is very interesting to me, since I have exactly the same thing currently: SAD (dg. 2005), medicated currently with very low dose of SSRI (Sertraline/Zoloft), since SAD is under control, and a few years ago diagnosed ADD (2012, the diagnosis came as shock). I can relate to your experience very strongly.

I started ADD-treatement 2012 with very low dose of instant release Ritalin (Medikinet). The first feeling was like clouds going away from my brain, total calmness. I was so happy! After a few hours when the med. wore off, I started to feel very anxious.

After a while we changed to Concerta, with not so good response as Ritalin. Then we changed into Ritalin slow release, with much better results...first. I titrated the dose up and up, since it seemed the tolerance grew. Anxiety came worse and worse, and I eventually became paranoid. We had to stop it.

Since then I havenīt dared to try anything, my wife was very worried and said the cons are bigger than pros. But this summer I try to test Strattera, if we manage to initiate child process first (sorry about my clumsy language :), We try to have a baby, and I do not dare to start a new med, in case I "flip".).

Anyway, I just felt to write something, because your post awakened hope in me, again. Hopefully you are blessed to have help with C. The start seems to be great. :yes::yes:

Please, keep updating, even once per year. Take care :).

Powderbucket
05-08-15, 05:31 AM
Am I cured? Hell no! But I think I feel somewhat normal for the first time. :yes:

:yes: Awesome!

You have basically written my story as well. I was diagnosed with both ADHD types and I am on my third day of Ritalin and it has been wonderfully life-changing. Everything you explained, from better social interaction to focus, I can agree with.

It really does feel amazing :yes:

Donny997
05-08-15, 08:54 PM
First of all :yes:. I am very happy for you :).

Your post is very interesting to me, since I have exactly the same thing currently: SAD (dg. 2005), medicated currently with very low dose of SSRI (Sertraline/Zoloft), since SAD is under control, and a few years ago diagnosed ADD (2012, the diagnosis came as shock). I can relate to your experience very strongly.

I started ADD-treatement 2012 with very low dose of instant release Ritalin (Medikinet). The first feeling was like clouds going away from my brain, total calmness. I was so happy! After a few hours when the med. wore off, I started to feel very anxious.

After a while we changed to Concerta, with not so good response as Ritalin. Then we changed into Ritalin slow release, with much better results...first. I titrated the dose up and up, since it seemed the tolerance grew. Anxiety came worse and worse, and I eventually became paranoid. We had to stop it.

Since then I havenīt dared to try anything, my wife was very worried and said the cons are bigger than pros. But this summer I try to test Strattera, if we manage to initiate child process first (sorry about my clumsy language :), We try to have a baby, and I do not dare to start a new med, in case I "flip".).

Anyway, I just felt to write something, because your post awakened hope in me, again. Hopefully you are blessed to have help with C. The start seems to be great. :yes::yes:

Please, keep updating, even once per year. Take care :).

Thanks!! :)

With the ritalin, did the anxiety come about in social situations or even when you at home/ alone/ relaxing? I wonder what would cause that. For me, when the med wears off I feel a gradual drop into the fog, lol. I notice it's starting to peter out when my vision isn't as sharp and I start moving around clumsily again hahaha :). I don't think I have an increase in anxiety, but I also have been winding down at home at night. Maybe the return of the fatigue in a social situation would prove so inconvenient it would cause anxiety. Anyway, I'm sure there's a way around that. Don't give up!

On a side note..... here's a quick update...

I noticed today I was a little edgier in social situations. I work in sales and getting turned down was more annoying than usual. Almost like I didn't want to let the rejection "slide". Maybe because I'm more focused on the present and thus, less "la dee da" about (and more invested in) people's reactions? (Typically I'm quite the laid-back, self-effacing type of person). I'm not sure, but it could also be the very hot weather this afternoon that caused the slight irritability - I have no AC in the car and was on the road all day!

Lastly, my dose could have been too small because I feel like the more tired I am, the more my brain has to work, and the more flustered and irritable I get. I just started the meds so I need to see what dosage works best. Regardless, it's quite obvious the meds make me go from feeling "slightly drunk" to "normal person," so although I hit some speed bumps today, I'm still very optimistic about treatment.

Donny997
05-08-15, 09:01 PM
:yes: Awesome!

You have basically written my story as well. I was diagnosed with both ADHD types and I am on my third day of Ritalin and it has been wonderfully life-changing. Everything you explained, from better social interaction to focus, I can agree with.

It really does feel amazing :yes:

Yes it does!! I hope your trial continues to go very well!! :)

icarusinflames
05-08-15, 09:45 PM
Anxiety came worse and worse, and I eventually became paranoid. We had to stop it.

I was wondering if the prescribing doctors ever try to add something in for the anxiety, so that the person who needs to take the amphetamine based drugs can actually stay on them, and manage the anxiety with another thing on top kind of plan. One thing that would cross my mind is that there must be successful approaches to solve this problem of anxiety or insomnia or even anorexia people get, by adding in something calming to take in the evening when it is bad. Or just another med all the time.

congrats on the plan to start your family! That could be reason enough to avoid the anti-depressants, as they can reduce the interest in makin' babies.

ahmeda
05-11-15, 04:30 AM
Thanks!! :)

With the ritalin, did the anxiety come about in social situations or even when you at home/ alone/ relaxing?

Thanks for asking Donny997. Btw, I am also in sales... Right now in a deep misty mental fog, which hopefully goes away, when I am visiting a key account after a few hours with my boss...Typically the SAD > adrenaline / fear boost makes me alert and awake when visiting customers.

Back to your question... If I remember correctly it came in social situations mainly when meds wore off, but I also remembered that I started to have anxious thoughts at home. But it wasnīt that straight-forward: I remember for example taking instant release Ritalin (Medikinet) when going into a mall, just for sure...It ended very badly, I was sure that mall security guys are watching me and people are looking at me like an idiot: very typical and severe SAD-symptoms. At home, when the meds started to wear off, the main issue was tough headaches.

The first taking of Ritalin is so clear in my mind: At first I felt like my SAD is totally cured, I was feeling fantastic (never used drugs, but I could imagine being "high" could be something like that, and I took only 2,5 mg!)! But later, I felt increased anxiety also when meds were active, not only when they were wearing of. It was a really stressfull time, so phaps, I should test again.

What makes the testing difficult is, that one could really become unable to work and function if the meds. do not work for you. And if you after the bad x-perience go to your old routine meds, it could take months to be in the initial situation. During your testing, in worst case scenario: you could become feeling very bad, lose your job and even something else. :(

I will definitely start with a low dose (18 mg/day).

ahmeda
05-11-15, 04:35 AM
I was wondering if the prescribing doctors ever try to add something in for the anxiety, so that the person who needs to take the amphetamine based drugs can actually stay on them, and manage the anxiety with another thing on top kind of plan. One thing that would cross my mind is that there must be successful approaches to solve this problem of anxiety or insomnia or even anorexia people get, by adding in something calming to take in the evening when it is bad. Or just another med all the time.

congrats on the plan to start your family! That could be reason enough to avoid the anti-depressants, as they can reduce the interest in makin' babies.

Yes. Well, I used SSRIs during my ADHD-med -testing. Thanks for the congrats. Amen to avoiding anti-deps when making babies: my very active libido has gone with the wind with SSRIs...I use Sildenafil :cool:, to have little x-tra help. It works, the only downside is a headache.

Would be cool, if Strattera cured ADD and I could leave the SSRIs away. But Iīve read S has sexual libido issues and many other things as well. But since Methylphenidate hasnīt worked for me, phaps atomoxetine suits...Weīll see.

Powderbucket
05-11-15, 05:10 AM
On a side note..... here's a quick update...

I noticed today I was a little edgier in social situations. I work in sales and getting turned down was more annoying than usual. Almost like I didn't want to let the rejection "slide". Maybe because I'm more focused on the present and thus, less "la dee da" about (and more invested in) people's reactions? (Typically I'm quite the laid-back, self-effacing type of person). I'm not sure, but it could also be the very hot weather this afternoon that caused the slight irritability - I have no AC in the car and was on the road all day!

Lastly, my dose could have been too small because I feel like the more tired I am, the more my brain has to work, and the more flustered and irritable I get. I just started the meds so I need to see what dosage works best. Regardless, it's quite obvious the meds make me go from feeling "slightly drunk" to "normal person," so although I hit some speed bumps today, I'm still very optimistic about treatment.

I find that the medication makes me slightly more sensitive than usual. From what I've been told, people with ADHD have trouble understanding people and empathizing with them. ADHD medication will then correct that and you should start feeling a lot more receptive to the outside world - I don't think it's a bad thing at all, but it will take some getting used to. I also tend to get irritable once the medication starts wearing off, but I find that going for a run gets rid of this feeling completely and then I'm super happy again.

The way I see it, every medication has side effects. The thing is to ask yourself if you were happier before or after treatment, and then if it's worth it. Unfortunately, I don't think we can expect everything to be butterflies and rainbows on methylphenidate, but luckily it allows us to think more clearly and to rationalise things, so we can better understand what's really happening to us. Overall, I feel a lot more positive because even when the medication is wearing off, I'm able to understand why I'm irritable and I have the ability to tell myself to get over it.

Also, I'm on Concerta 36mg now. I find it's a lot more "chilled" than Ritalin. It lacks the "kick", but coming off it is not bad at all (for me).

Donny997
05-11-15, 11:54 AM
I find that the medication makes me slightly more sensitive than usual. From what I've been told, people with ADHD have trouble understanding people and empathizing with them. ADHD medication will then correct that and you should start feeling a lot more receptive to the outside world - I don't think it's a bad thing at all, but it will take some getting used to. I also tend to get irritable once the medication starts wearing off, but I find that going for a run gets rid of this feeling completely and then I'm super happy again.

The way I see it, every medication has side effects. The thing is to ask yourself if you were happier before or after treatment, and then if it's worth it. Unfortunately, I don't think we can expect everything to be butterflies and rainbows on methylphenidate, but luckily it allows us to think more clearly and to rationalise things, so we can better understand what's really happening to us. Overall, I feel a lot more positive because even when the medication is wearing off, I'm able to understand why I'm irritable and I have the ability to tell myself to get over it.

Also, I'm on Concerta 36mg now. I find it's a lot more "chilled" than Ritalin. It lacks the "kick", but coming off it is not bad at all (for me).

This is very interesting, and I'll have to think about it some more. I agree that I'm more receptive to the outside world. Before I was very often shut-in myself and annoyed by people. Although I didn't become aware of this until I started the meds. The reason I ignored people was because I didn't have the clarity and mental energy to interact with them in a normal way, Lol, so I would be lazy about it. It's funny how your self-awareness increases on this.

Some other things I've noticed: I'm more self-assertive - I don't let people walk all over me. I realize now why I let this happen. It was because I didn't have that extra "boost" to assert myself constantly like other people did, so I would let things slide out of laziness and not wanting to produce conflict, which would require more energy to diffuse. But now, it's like I have the "oomph" to stand up for myself. In my mind, it seems like the perfectly logical thing to do, and it's weird how I didn't perceive that before the C.

Donny997
05-11-15, 11:59 AM
Thanks for asking Donny997. Btw, I am also in sales... Right now in a deep misty mental fog, which hopefully goes away, when I am visiting a key account after a few hours with my boss...Typically the SAD > adrenaline / fear boost makes me alert and awake when visiting customers.

Back to your question... If I remember correctly it came in social situations mainly when meds wore off, but I also remembered that I started to have anxious thoughts at home. But it wasnīt that straight-forward: I remember for example taking instant release Ritalin (Medikinet) when going into a mall, just for sure...It ended very badly, I was sure that mall security guys are watching me and people are looking at me like an idiot: very typical and severe SAD-symptoms. At home, when the meds started to wear off, the main issue was tough headaches.

The first taking of Ritalin is so clear in my mind: At first I felt like my SAD is totally cured, I was feeling fantastic (never used drugs, but I could imagine being "high" could be something like that, and I took only 2,5 mg!)! But later, I felt increased anxiety also when meds were active, not only when they were wearing of. It was a really stressfull time, so phaps, I should test again.

What makes the testing difficult is, that one could really become unable to work and function if the meds. do not work for you. And if you after the bad x-perience go to your old routine meds, it could take months to be in the initial situation. During your testing, in worst case scenario: you could become feeling very bad, lose your job and even something else. :(

You and I are very, very similar with the SAD thing :). I can relate to your experience fully: at first it felt like my SAD was cured, and now I can sense that eventually the C might make it worse in certain situations. Luckily I'm still on the SRRI's so that should even things out. I find myself sometimes startled by loud noises, but I was like that before, so I can't fully blame it on the C. All in all, though, I feel like it's helped my social anxiety rather than make it worse.

Donny997
05-11-15, 12:02 PM

You and I are very, very similar with the SAD thing :). I can relate to your experience fully: at first it felt like my SAD was cured, and now I can sense that eventually the C might make it worse in certain situations. Luckily I'm still on the SRRI's so that should even things out. I find myself sometimes startled by loud noises, but I was like that before, so I can't fully blame it on the C. All in all, though, I feel like it's helped my social anxiety rather than make it worse.

And in my humble opinion and personal experience, I feel like SAD can be vastly improved with self-insight, psychotherapy, and learning to just be comfortable with yourself and your own strengths and weaknesses. Whereas you can't unlearn inattentive ADD. It's biochemical and IMO requires treatment, at least for me, for now.

ahmeda
05-14-15, 01:32 PM
Holy crap, a new twist in my inattentive ADD.

I have low testo-levels! Below test results: (sorry my poor translations from Finnish)

07.47 S-Testo,vap+kok+shbg 151 pmol/l 200 - 580 pmol/l

07.47 S-Luteinic hormone 2.8 U/l 2.5 - 7 U/l

07.47 S-Prolactine Contact your physician.

07.47 S-Testosterone 7.7 nmol/l 10 - 38 nmol/l

07.47 S-Sukupuolihorm.sit.glob 17 nmol/l 10 - 57 nmol/l

Now what? I need to book a time to a physician, because I just went to have the test without any consultation. They probably will re-test. I wonder if this is my ADD (ADHD-I)? I feel tired, difficulties concentrating and so on, or is this additional to my ADD? Jeez...ADD with low testo. Now wonder, I have struggled.:doh::scratch::confused:

And If take gel/injections, will my balls shrink? How bout my capability to have babies? I have panic now.:umm1::faint::eek:

Donny997
05-14-15, 07:49 PM
I mean you simply can't be a real man with ADD-I (daydreamer syndrome) and low testosterone. Haha, just kidding :p. Thanks for sharing. I've been meaning to get mine checked; this has given me the motivation to finally get it done. Though I'm only 25 so I doubt it's low. But maybe due to the SSRI? You might want to consider that as well.

I don't know about symptoms of low test, but I guess it would be hard to find out which is causing what problems. I did read once that a person would have more serious problems other than concentration if they truly had low test.

At least this is another lead for you to search in your quest!

ahmeda
05-15-15, 02:48 AM
Sorry about putting a totally off-topic thing here (referring to my testo-level thread). I just got so excited about the results...:umm1:The post can be removed.

Powderbucket
05-15-15, 04:01 AM
Some other things I've noticed: I'm more self-assertive - I don't let people walk all over me. I realize now why I let this happen. It was because I didn't have that extra "boost" to assert myself constantly like other people did, so I would let things slide out of laziness and not wanting to produce conflict, which would require more energy to diffuse. But now, it's like I have the "oomph" to stand up for myself. In my mind, it seems like the perfectly logical thing to do, and it's weird how I didn't perceive that before the C.

Ditto :) And being someone who attends meetings upon meetings, it's made them a far more pleasurable experience. The ability to actually fetch the information I need and convert it into words is amazing.

Donny997
05-15-15, 11:52 AM
Today I feel very sleepy and fatigued. It's been 2 hours since I took the Concerta and I just want to keel over and sleep! I can't wake my brain up to function at work. The good news is that I'm weaning off the ssri and my anxiety is still non existent. Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Just for reference I'm currently taking 54 mg of Concerta and 5 mg of cipralex

Donny997
05-16-15, 02:42 PM
For anyone who's interested, I'll continue to update my experience, good or bad.

So today I still feel that stoned feeling. It's a far cry from the cool, clear buzz of mental energy that I felt the first week and a half. Suddenly I feel like I took a valium or took a few pulls from a joint, LOL. This "stoned" feeling became apparent when I was eating banana bread this morning and I kept chewing and chewing it like I would as a teenager high on weed with a dry, cotton mouth!

So it's obvious I'm on too high a dose. I just purchased Dr. Charles Parker's book and he says that too high a Concerta dose gives the feeling of being stoned. I'm not sure why it worked so well the first week and a half. I actually could feel it kick in each morning with a cool energy feeling, now I feel slowed down and, well, slightly stoned. This is not good, and doubly worse for someone with inattentive add, social anxiety, and depression.

So I will see my doc again and hopefully get bumped down to 27 mg or 36 mg. I think I did the start-up process all wrong. My doctor never told me that Concerta was a time-released capsule, so I was confused from the outset. This is why on the second day when the 18 mg wasn't working I took another, and on the third day I took three. From my reading on this forum, it seems that to get a true feeling for each dosage, you need to be on for 2-3 weeks. In retrospect, I shouldn't have jumped to 54 mg. Maybe 27 mg and 36 mg wouldn't have been effective either, but at least I would have known through a slow titration process.

Anyway, I'm disappointed that the extra benefits of my first week on Concerta - walking straighter, better fine motor skills, feeling more grounded and in tune with the world - is slipping away. Considering that I probably have mild dyspraxia with my ADD, these symptoms are a big hamper and source of low self-esteem in my life. Think: giving a sales presentation and fumbling with your product - not out of nervousness, but just clumsiness. You come across as immature and it's something I feel shameful of. And my whole life I didn't know why I was like that, so the "not knowing" part was painful also.

Anyway x 2, I hope the lowered concerta will work without feeling like I'm stoned, and if it doesn't, I will surely switch medications, perhaps to adderall of dexedrine. I'm not too disheartened because I've experienced first hand what medication can do for me in so many areas. It's just about getting the dose right.

Donny997
05-30-15, 12:21 AM
Update :D

I'm back on 18 mg Concerta and it's working well. No side effects and I do feel it working. Going without medication for a few days put into perspective how much it was actually helping me. I think in a month I'll try 27 mg because I would like some more improvement in symptoms, but I'm trying to avoid any unnecessary side effects. I'm titrating slowly, which is what I should've done from the start.

36 mg, for me, is the threshold where the benefits peak and some side effects start to pop up here and there - on this particular medication, anyway. Maybe I could go higher on another class of meds, which I'll be trying soon because I have an appt. with a pdoc in two weeks. So maybe dexedrine next?

Also, need a new fam doc. cause mine clearly has zero patience in these trial and error situations. And he's quite rigid and doesn't seem interested in listening to new ideas or research I bring to his attention. Hence his abrupt referral to the psychiatrist. Meh...

ahmeda
06-01-15, 07:01 AM
Thanks. So it seems that Strattera once again did not work. :scratch: I start to wonder, why there even is this medicine?

Donny997
06-01-15, 08:02 AM
Thanks. So it seems that Strattera once again did not work. :scratch: I start to wonder, why there even is this medicine?

Gave side effects I guess?

ahmeda
06-04-15, 06:14 AM
Gave side effects I guess?

No, I havenīt tested it yet. I just commented to your situation: started ok, but then you had to change to C.

Donny997
06-04-15, 10:38 PM
My man!!

I've only been on the Concerta ;).

ahmeda
06-09-15, 07:24 AM
Jeez. Sorry dude :rolleyes::giggle:. Phaps your thread was earlier under "Strattera success stories". Or phaps my ADD got over me :D. That can happen, every now and then. :)

Donny997
09-15-15, 03:57 PM
Just want to update this thread and say that I've been on adderall 10 mg xr for over a month and it works very well without it exacerbating anxiety.

I do find, however, that adderall "wakes me up" and doesn't give me that paradoxical "calm" feeling most traditional ADHD patients talk about. My problem is that I am TOO calm all the time. Does this mean I can still have ADD-I? Or am I more along the lines of SCT?

dvdnvwls
09-15-15, 04:28 PM
Just want to update this thread and say that I've been on adderall 10 mg xr for over a month and it works very well without it exacerbating anxiety.

I do find, however, that adderall "wakes me up" and doesn't give me that paradoxical "calm" feeling most traditional ADHD patients talk about. My problem is that I am TOO calm all the time. Does this mean I can still have ADD-I? Or am I more along the lines of SCT?

I answered wrong at first. SCT is still not "a thing" officially, but I see what you mean. It's quite possible and common for someone with ADHD-I to feel a waking up effect from Adderall.

Donny997
09-15-15, 06:01 PM
I answered wrong at first. SCT is still not "a thing" officially, but I see what you mean. It's quite possible and common for someone with ADHD-I to feel a waking up effect from Adderall.

I know it's not a thing but intuitively and from tons of anecdotal reports online, I feel confident that it's not just a label for a bunch of hypochondriacs looking for something new that's wrong with them. It's a definite thing in my mind. People with this SCT know they were different from an early age, and other people knew it as well, but ADHD didn't exactly pinpoint their difficulties.

Thanks... good to know. I don't feel that the adderall is calming in any way. It just make me feel more awake. I've never felt awake in my entire life, despite being a lifelong competitive athlete, keeping good exercise habits, eating well, etc., so you can see how handicapping that would be.

Tollazor
09-15-15, 07:44 PM
I felt awake for the first time. My vision, oddly, became crystal clear - I didn't have to strain my brain to focus on objects or people. My social skills are a little better because I am right on the ball. My speaking and listening skills have improved. Energy is much, much better (not fatigued). My brain fog has improved immensely. And this is the one I'm most pleased about: I used to have mild trouble with fine motor coordination (it's hard to explain, but it was like mild dyspraxia), and now that is completely gone. I can walk straight and I can manipulate objects without even thinking about it; it's kind of weird.

This is almost exactly the same response I had when I first took pseudoephedrine. It was such an eye opening day.
I get that fine motor movement. I was amazed I could carry several things at once, feel that an object was slipping in my hand, then readjust my fingers to stop it, all without even looking or losing my stride, and thinking about what I just did.
Talking to people was so much easier, I could read their body language, inflections in the voice,etc all intuitively. I didn't struggle to pay attention to them. I could form solid coherent sentences without stumbling over my own thoughts. I could read sentences in their entirety without skipping over bits and pieces, and remember what I just read without a problem.
My eye sight also improved, lol.

neuro student
09-16-15, 12:04 AM
I am currently in a Drugs and Behavior lecture on pharmacology, and behaviors. I do not publicize that I take adderal, however I listen closely to the neurochemical reactions to how certain individuals may respond differently than others. i read a post awhile back from a pre-med student who was pretty spot in in her research on the receptor sites. I also found this to be true. I am happy it is helping you regain your life back .