View Full Version : and here comes the low/sad mood

Cotter67
05-13-15, 04:28 PM
dex is wearing off, seriously how do people cope wit this daily? I mean I need it in the day time to function it helps, but nightime aint good man, the more I get used to the med could this start too ease off a bit.

Powderbucket
05-14-15, 05:32 AM
I've heard that Adderall can cause a lot of mood changes when it is wearing off. Gotta take the good with the bad it seems. Just remember that it is the pill - not you - so keep telling yourself that and try to think positively. It can also get better with time I'm sure.

Ritalin would do this to me, and I found that going for a run or going to gym cleared it up really nicely. I also made sure that I ate through the day, just to ensure that my sugar level wasn't dropping and putting me in a mood.

I'm now on Concerta XL and I can't feel it coming off. This is important to me as depression is a slight concern. Concerta is really nice, and I can even nap on it. Maybe give it a shot? It's not as intense or as "motivational" but it helps. Doesn't give me the super-happy "must do stuff" feeling, but helps so much with my mood and focus.

Hope you feel better!

Cotter67
05-14-15, 06:50 AM
I've heard that Adderall can cause a lot of mood changes when it is wearing off. Gotta take the good with the bad it seems. Just remember that it is the pill - not you - so keep telling yourself that and try to think positively. It can also get better with time I'm sure.

Ritalin would do this to me, and I found that going for a run or going to gym cleared it up really nicely. I also made sure that I ate through the day, just to ensure that my sugar level wasn't dropping and putting me in a mood.

I'm now on Concerta XL and I can't feel it coming off. This is important to me as depression is a slight concern. Concerta is really nice, and I can even nap on it. Maybe give it a shot? It's not as intense or as "motivational" but it helps. Doesn't give me the super-happy "must do stuff" feeling, but helps so much with my mood and focus.

Hope you feel better!

I already tried concerta for me it was much rougher than dexamfetamine, Dexedrine gives me social anxiety relief and gets me out of bed, concerta did nothing except make food seem horrible

Little Missy
05-14-15, 09:58 AM
By the end of the day I'm ready for it to wear off. But everyone is different.

Fuzzy12
05-14-15, 10:29 AM
Initially, every time it started wearing off I felt absolutely terrible but with time it's much better to almost the point where I don't even notice it wearing off (in terms of mood). What might have also helped was to increase the frequency of dosing from taking my dose every 4h to every 2h so I didn't get the dreaded slump during the day every time the dose started wearing off and for some reason my mood also didn't get worse after the last dose. So I'm not sure if it's just time and my body getting used to the meds or the way I dose it now.

Maybe what you could do is to keep yourself busy when you know it's wearing off or even better do something that you find naturally stimulating and relaxing. Exercise would be a great activity, I guess. Also, maybe some fruit juice or anything energising (though probably without caffeine) might help.)

Waitingame
08-21-15, 10:05 PM
If my blood sugar is anywhere near low when meds wear off, I can be UNREASONABLY emotional! Like if you put pickles on my cheeseburger it could reduce me to tears. :-)

For whatever reason, it took me a while to figure that out, maybe too busy getting stuff done to eat or notice that I needed to eat? I try to be sure to squeeze small nibbles of protein in every two hours or so, which is easier to do if you have a regular schedule and a desk drawer full of nuts, peanut butter, etc.

thomass
08-30-15, 03:30 AM
What brand are you taking? Lots of people seem to love the mallinckrodt brand, but i find that it makes me depressed. It essentially feels like an IR version of vyvanse, and vyvanse really made me depressed once it wore off.

I don't get depressed on the willshire brand. Oddly enough, this is the brand most people seem to hate. But for me, there is no let down and I am able to eat at lunch time after the morning dose wears off.

I'm pretty new to dex, so I'm still feeling out the different brands to determine what works best. My opinions could very well change over time.