View Full Version : right now ive learned not to have vitamin c

Cotter67
05-14-15, 07:22 AM
or foods or drinks with high acid content, also low ph sports drinks but what is low ph? basically what the hell should I be eating or drinking, everyday ive been on Dexedrine ive been urinating a lot, and I mean a lot so ive probanly been wasting the medication, was speaking to my doctor, I was drinking soda a lot and stuff with caffeine, which I know no you shouldn't do. so yeah what can I drink that will stop me urinating away my dex constantly

Little Missy
05-14-15, 07:23 AM
Water! :) And lots of it!

Cotter67
05-14-15, 07:37 AM
Water! :) And lots of it!

wont that make me pee just as much? what does low ph drinks mean?

I think non diuretic drinks is what im looking for, because im constantly urinating.

Cotter67
05-14-15, 08:01 AM
what wont make me pee constantly? what food are anti acidic? is chicken breasts ok? I need help here guys im getting paranoid, because basically the past couple of weeks ive been wasting my medication eating and drinking the wrong stuff. I read about low ph sports drinks but I don't know what that means

Little Missy
05-14-15, 08:14 AM
Google!:)

Little Missy
05-14-15, 08:16 AM
The time to worry is when you are NOT peeing.

namazu
05-14-15, 08:21 AM
Is the medication itself causing you to have to urinate a lot? Are you drinking more water/liquids during the day than before?

Caffeine is definitely a diuretic, as well as a stimulant. If you can cut that out of your routine, that may help quite a lot.

In general, you can eat a regular, healthy diet when you're taking dextroamphetamine. Chicken breasts should be fine.

As you know, you want to avoid Vitamin C, which can decrease absorption of the medication if you have both the meds and Vitamin C too close together.

Vitamin C is in most multivitamins, some supplements, lots of fruit juices and sports drinks, and leafy greens. You don't need to cut these out of your diet entirely; just don't down your pills with a tall glass of orange juice!

If you are taking any other vitamin or herbal supplements, workout supplements, energy drinks, shakes, etc., those can have many different interactions with meds, depending on what's in them.

If having to go all the time seems to be a side effect of the medication, it would be a good idea to bring it up with your doctor.

As Missy said, water's the all-around thirst-quencher that shouldn't interact with meds. Yes, anything you drink (even if low pH) will eventually make you have to pee. But some things, like caffeine (and alcohol), speed up that process. Stick with water, milk or soy/rice milk, decaf teas that don't have Vitamin C, etc.

Peeing alone won't "waste" your medication, as it doesn't go straight through you that way. Keep yourself adequately hydrated with healthy (decaf, non-alcoholic) drinks, eat normal food, and see if things settle down, bladder-wise.

Good luck!

Cotter67
05-14-15, 08:23 AM
im on dexamfetamine not Adderall but I see this place is busier and might give more advice, ive learned acidic drinks and caffeine drinks make you urinate constantly, which ive been doing constantly the past 2 weeks ive been on dex, is mineral water the only low ph drink out there? also what foods are low acid? I was stupid guzzling sodas and fizzy lucozade the first couple of weeks and was constantly urinating. I need ideas on a low acid diet, ive also started taking tums an hour before I take my dex.

Little Missy
05-14-15, 08:26 AM
Same answers, slightly different meds. Eat or drink whatever you want 45 minutes before or after.

Cotter67
05-14-15, 08:33 AM
the alkaline diet sounds ideal.

Little Missy
05-14-15, 08:35 AM
the alkaline diet sounds ideal.

Pretty much, but there is plenty of room for variation.

namazu
05-14-15, 08:38 AM
The thing with Vitamin C is that it decreases absorption of the meds. You probably don't need to worry too much about the acidity/alkalinity of your diet, other than with the Vitamin C.

If the meds aren't working at the current dose, that's another issue, and one to discuss with the doc. Some people swear by alkaline things or Tums, and your mileage may vary, but those probably won't affect your pee schedule at all.

Cutting caffeine is probably the chief thing to do to reduce the frequency with which you have to pee. Otherwise, just stick to a healthy diet.

javamonster
05-15-15, 12:49 AM
Does this orange juice / vitamin C thing apply to all medications? Including Wellbutrin, Prozac and Abilify?

namazu
05-15-15, 09:27 AM
Does this orange juice / vitamin C thing apply to all medications? Including Wellbutrin, Prozac and Abilify?
No.

Among ADHD meds, the Vitamin C interaction affects the amphetamine-based medications (Adderall, Dexedrine, Vyvanse, Evekeo, and Zenzedi...and possibly Desoxyn?).

Methylphenidate-based meds (Ritalin, Concerta, etc.) don't have this issue.

Some other psych meds do have different dietary interactions -- MAOI antidepressants being one of the big ones -- so if you have concerns about your meds, check with your pharmacist or doctor for the specifics.

MedlinePlus (http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginformation.html) (from the National Library of Medicine at the US National Institutes of Health) is also a good source for medication information.

sarahsweets
05-20-15, 04:25 AM
I dont think peeing alot is like peeing out the meds. I cant quite remember how adderall or dexedrine gets eliminated over time, but its not like once you take it you pee it out the rest of the day everytime you go.

Cotter67
05-20-15, 02:22 PM
are you off stimulants now?

sarahsweets
05-21-15, 05:01 AM
are you off stimulants now?

Me? No I am on dexedrine and have been on stimulants for 10 years.

Cotter67
05-21-15, 11:36 AM
Me? No I am on dexedrine and have been on stimulants for 10 years.

how do you does? one every 3 hours? and how much do you take if you don't mind me asking. I think they last 3-4 hours max .

Cotter67
05-21-15, 12:13 PM
mind you im on Dexedrine sulphate which is different from Dexedrine im guessing?