View Full Version : face going red

Cotter67
05-16-15, 02:48 PM
ive noticed later on in the day my face goes noticeably red, my auntie pointed it out and my face feels hot when it happens, its mainly my cheeks my neck or chest doesn't go red, could this be the dexamfetamine causing it? ive always went red and easily embarrassed in social situations, but the dex seems to have eliminated that anxiety when its working, could it be the dex is giving me high blood pressure? I notice it more when its wearing off...

Cotter67
05-16-15, 03:05 PM
its frustrating because the last thing I want is people pointed out my face is red, like if im out with friends etc its not a good look.

Cotter67
05-16-15, 03:41 PM
also what do you guys eat for breakfast and dinner? ive not been eating enough basically just a big meal later at night.

bobabuoy
05-16-15, 05:39 PM
I don't think it has anything to do with blood pressure. I get the same thing and have 120/80 BP (normal). I've not been able to correlate it with anything from my diet.

I think it helps me when I have overlapping doses (no missed time) and a smaller 3rd dose as a "taper" down.

sarahsweets
05-17-15, 05:00 AM
If it was your blood pressure you would feel it.

Cotter67
05-17-15, 01:16 PM
im a worrier.. wish I was seeing my psychiatrist sooner than the 17 th of june, 5mg twice a day isn't the correct does for me I don't think, and I cant take extra because they would find out.

Cotter67
05-17-15, 05:06 PM
its definitely later on when the meds are wearing off it happens, when their at peak it doesn't happen my face isn't red during the day.

Cotter67
05-18-15, 06:03 PM
im confused I had hot flushes during the day today, could feel my cheeks heating up and my dad said your face is bright red. is it the meds? or could it be the fact I smoke while im on dex.

Cotter67
06-12-15, 06:26 PM
its a red butterfly shaped flush on my face, its really worrying me.

Procrastinating
06-16-15, 04:16 PM
I hate to scare you; but reading "butterfly" reminded me of the rash that is known to be caused from Lupus. :/

dvdnvwls
06-16-15, 05:01 PM
If it was your blood pressure you would feel it.

Not true at all. It's extremely common to have high blood pressure and not know it or feel it. I'm sure some people do feel when something is wrong with their BP, but the "silent" nature of BP problems has been famous for decades.

It's very easy for any doctor to check, and in fact you can check it yourself for free in many pharmacies.

dvdnvwls
06-16-15, 05:24 PM
also what do you guys eat for breakfast and dinner? ive not been eating enough basically just a big meal later at night.

There is no special kind of food required, just special eating instructions. Those instructions (in my opinion) are: Eat a healthy meal at every meal time even if you don't feel like it, especially breakfast and lunch; stay away from high-sugar or processed-carb snacks/meals (pastries or boxed cereal for breakfast are terrible) because meds make blood sugar fluctuations even worse than usual; find ways to make things easy on yourself in terms of planning (if you have to come up with ideas at the last minute, you'll tend to eat badly).

sarahsweets
06-17-15, 02:49 AM
You are totally right, I dont know what I was thinking, I just had to buy a home bp checker to monitor mine.

Not true at all. It's extremely common to have high blood pressure and not know it or feel it. I'm sure some people do feel when something is wrong with their BP, but the "silent" nature of BP problems has been famous for decades.

It's very easy for any doctor to check, and in fact you can check it yourself for free in many pharmacies.

Fuzzy12
06-17-15, 04:07 AM
Can you call your psychiatrist to ask him? If not, then I'd make an appointment with your GP at least.

EDIT: Just realised that you are seeing your psychiatrist anyway today. Hope you get some satisfying answers and let us know what happened.