View Full Version : getting the feeling this still isnt therepuetic

Cotter67
05-20-15, 11:12 AM
I mean its helped me get out of bed and do the dishes, clean my apartment and tidy up, slightly more organised don't feel any anxiety when its working. but I im still pretty scatter brained and forgetful, I don't think its helping me concentrate, my mind is still wandering when people are talking too me, I sit my keys somewhere and forget where I put them 2 seconds later, I actually think this dex might just be getting me high, which isn't what im looking for.

Cotter67
05-20-15, 11:18 AM
has me thinking about aspergers syndrome again, which a doc mentioned when I was young but never diagnosed, this is the last medication I think u can get in this country, if dex is getting me high is that a sign ive been misdiagnosed? I was diagnosed with adhd pi last year.i can concentrate when its something I like but hats about it. im still on 5mg twice a day.

Cotter67
05-20-15, 01:14 PM
my god I thought I was getting used to crashes but that was absolutely horrendous!

Cotter67
05-20-15, 01:21 PM
its not like in the usa where you buy your prescription and can take an extra one, when my 2nd 5mg wears off that's it, if I take extra the doc will know. sorry my head is all over the place holy ****

Cotter67
05-20-15, 01:52 PM
also recently swapped cows milk for soya, and haven't had anything sugary all week, I think this contributed to this horrible crash, just ate 4 chicken fillets my brain is to fatigued to cook and force the vegetables now.i had 2 whey protein shakes today as well.

Pilgrim
05-20-15, 08:24 PM
These are very subtle and powerful drugs at the same time.
I don't know how long you've been on it, but it takes time to get use to it.
I try to not think about it because this just brings false hope.

I use to have heaps of soy, I don't know his for sure but cows milk is better.

Protein in th morning for sure. WHen I come down I have sugar.

Goodluck

sarahsweets
05-22-15, 04:44 AM
If you really feel you are getting high you might want to take a look at whether this is the drug for you. If you are taking it as prescribed, you cant help how it will affect you.

Skyf@ll
05-24-15, 12:19 AM
my god I thought I was getting used to crashes but that was absolutely horrendous!

I'm fairly new to dex as well, currently on 5mg x3 daily.

First prescription I had was 56, 5mg tabs and the instructions told me to take 3 a day at 8, 12 and 4 o'clock, this left me with enough for 18 days, random number! Maybe it was a test to see if I came running into the pharmacy with white powder on my nose begging for more....but anyway, managed to make them last the month due to only taking two sometimes and days off.

Just because your getting a touch of euphoria doesn't mean you don't have adhd. To start with I was the same and it slowly faded, your body is just getting used to it.

Just be thankful that your not on Concerta it's like an 8 hour roller coaster of emotions followed by a ****ty comedown.

You just gotta ride the waves mate it will soon even out. Don't expect miricales as the end result with be subtle at best, but an improvement is better than no improvement.

Powderbucket
05-24-15, 05:17 AM
I think that maybe you need to try medications. You definitely don't need to stick to what has been prescribed right now - you can discuss things with your pdoc and do some adjustments. The last thing you want is to add further mentally-related problems to your life!

That being said, you can give it two weeks to four weeks for your body to get used to it? But if you are not feeling happy or comfortable, try something else. You have other options.

I find that Concerta works very well for me because it doesn't have the "high" effect on instant release drugs. The come-down is also a lot more tolerable, but I guess it's different for everyone.

Also remember that medication won't fix everything, and it may introduce some new problems. What's important is that you ask itself if the new "problems" are worth the absence of the prior problems.

Take care.

Skyf@ll
05-24-15, 01:50 PM
Lol.

I like how Powderbucket crashed down in his glass lift when he heard the word Concerta being mentioned. Watch out for him btw he's the Willy Wonka of the Ritalin Factory.

Skyf@ll
05-24-15, 04:21 PM
:yes:Lol.

I like how Powderbucket crashed down in her glass lift when she heard the word Concerta being mentioned. Watch out for her btw she's the Willy Wonka of the Ritalin Factory.

j_dubs
05-25-15, 11:46 PM
It messed with my short term memory real bad and it seemed like I was eating way more amphetamine than I am now, since I switched to 30mg sandoz I have had hardly any side effects with short term memory which I was getting from the dex. Plus I'm not really happy with the fillers in any of the Dexedrine generics. The Wilshire MIA 10's had a bunch of garbage and were real dirty feeling cause of it, the Mallinckrodt 10's feel kinda weak, and Barrs seem to have a bit of l-amp or something. Maybe the Wilshires a bit too. It's a complex process and I believe the Mallinckrodt's might have not felt very strong because it was so pure. My 2 cents.

But anyhow, these Sandoz are by far the cleanest amphetamine product I've had, IMO. I have been getting away with taking less than my prescribed 30mg twice a day dose, I'll wake up and pop a half and maybe eat a quarter or half later in the day. With Dex I had so many pills I'd lose track and either forget to eat a dose, take one when I forgot I took one, etc. They were not good for work. As I like to joke, "Well my amphetamine is swiss, but a good thing my toothbrush is German so I don't get receding gums from amp!" (I did switch to one and the difference is amazing crucical if you take these meds)

Try the Sandoz addies and see what you think! Sure amphetamines will get you high, but if you're taking them day to day, you cannot do that, nor do I personally want to do that, more of why I got switched back to a mixed formulation, if I take too much l-amp I feel AWFUL, so it's actually an anti-abuse mechanism IMO. Dex you can keep eating and not feel it body wise, but you're really speeding like a freight train.

Cotter67
05-30-15, 05:19 PM
I guess its just the honeymoon period is over, it doesn't help with anxiety or lift my mood anymore, but that's not what its for.

Cotter67
05-30-15, 05:21 PM
It messed with my short term memory real bad and it seemed like I was eating way more amphetamine than I am now, since I switched to 30mg sandoz I have had hardly any side effects with short term memory which I was getting from the dex. Plus I'm not really happy with the fillers in any of the Dexedrine generics. The Wilshire MIA 10's had a bunch of garbage and were real dirty feeling cause of it, the Mallinckrodt 10's feel kinda weak, and Barrs seem to have a bit of l-amp or something. Maybe the Wilshires a bit too. It's a complex process and I believe the Mallinckrodt's might have not felt very strong because it was so pure. My 2 cents.

But anyhow, these Sandoz are by far the cleanest amphetamine product I've had, IMO. I have been getting away with taking less than my prescribed 30mg twice a day dose, I'll wake up and pop a half and maybe eat a quarter or half later in the day. With Dex I had so many pills I'd lose track and either forget to eat a dose, take one when I forgot I took one, etc. They were not good for work. As I like to joke, "Well my amphetamine is swiss, but a good thing my toothbrush is German so I don't get receding gums from amp!" (I did switch to one and the difference is amazing crucical if you take these meds)

Try the Sandoz addies and see what you think! Sure amphetamines will get you high, but if you're taking them day to day, you cannot do that, nor do I personally want to do that, more of why I got switched back to a mixed formulation, if I take too much l-amp I feel AWFUL, so it's actually an anti-abuse mechanism IMO. Dex you can keep eating and not feel it body wise, but you're really speeding like a freight train.

my p doc hasn't heard of Adderall, and the nhs don't prescribe it so i'd have to buy it.