View Full Version : I TAKE STRATTERA 25 mg i have adhd and want to share

karmalobe
05-22-15, 01:47 AM
first of all hello 2 all.. im not american. im peruvian. but in coincidence i found this forum. which is amazing.
I would like to share what ive been feeling all these years. i am 28 years old, and ive been suffering almost my whole life with ADHD. notenough friends when a child. i were always quiet and shy. to talk in front of people , i couldnt even understand a reading, when i was in school, and the other girls used to make fun of me due to this whole situation. ive been rejected a lot. for being different from the others. ive never stayed in one school, my parents always changed me from school to school. and they didnt know about my illness. and what was going on. until they brought me to the psychiatrist because i had seizures since i was 13. my doctor prescribed me tegretol and i heal after 5 long years. now i have 28 years old. ive never been successful on anything. my life was a ****. and still being a **** because of my insecurities and my low selfesteem. im doing therapy now. along with my psychiatrist . i take paroxetin and i've started taking STRATTERA 25 mg like almost 2 months ago. at the beginning it was like a nightmare. i had nausea, vomit and headache all the time, high pressure, and drowsiness mostly an hour after i took the drug. but now its a different story. im not totally recovered obviously , but from o to 100% i feel im on a 30% recovered. i can concentrate better. i can sleep better. im not that hyper anymore, i sleep kinda early sometimes. and wake up with energy. i dont have any job. because of my limited beliefs about my persona. my insecurities and stuff like that. and that makes me suffer A LOT. Im taking EMDR every two weeks with my therapist. and continue taking strattera 25 mg which is for me a magical one. i have a little more confidence socially. just a little more. i have a lot of energy, and i dunnot postpone and procrastinate that much. But i still need motivation which i dont have. im creating a business. but i dont feel totally secure about myself. i always say , im gonna begin, and i end up doing any other thing instead of beginning with my work. still not concentrated at all, but with a lot of energy. i do thing s faster, in that way i feel a complete different person. but my baad thoughts still there, my trauma about school still there, and i cant be fearless. its a nightmare for me. sometimes i wanted to end with my life. even though i know everything is in my head. i am an adult and i am afraid of being rejected like I was in school. i finished college a year ago and i cannot find a job. i present my curriculum but i cant go to interviews because of these stupid fears.
im gonna start taking strattera 40 mg, in 1 week and a half .
my qestion is if some of you guys feel the same way i feel with the ADHD problem? low selfesteem , insecurities and fears?

Pilgrim
05-22-15, 02:25 AM
Sorry what is EMDR?

I think many of us think the way you do.

Goodluck

karmalobe
05-25-15, 10:31 PM
Sorry what is EMDR?

I think many of us think the way you do.

Goodluck

hello my friend. emdr is a psychological therapy. effective for traumas. to heal traumas. its apparently effective ive read a lot of comments about it, and most of them are definitely positive. im treating my ADHD also with emdr. and well i have certain traumas due to rejection @ school. so im taking strattera 25 mg. and taking EMDR sessions 1 time every two weeks with my psychologist. hopefuly i will be switching from 25 mg of strattera to 40 mg to see how it goes. cause i feel better but not completely healed. i still have verbiage and its really unconfortable for me, and for my parents . i cant stop talking sometimes. mostly when im surrounded by people i have confidence with. otherwise im kinda shy sometimes. and really fearfull :(:cool:

rickymooston
05-26-15, 12:12 AM
Hi from Canada, karmalobe, I'm going to do my best to offer some advice.

Yes, my ADHD has caused me to have many insecurities and fears. Yes, job hunting caused me tons of problems., My symptoms are different from yours in many ways.

Medication. Karmalode, you mention lots of side effects (vomiting and heart issues and whatever) and it also sounds like your medication isn't working (you are still having focus issues). Your doctor needs to know this. Please keep a diary of your side effects starting now if you don't have one? But see your doctor as soon as possible with the information you gave us.

Job hunting.

1. Keep your communication simple. Don't introduce too many topics at the same time. If you have ADHD, it is natural for you to do this but if you have ADHD, you have no patience when other people do it. :giggle: Imagine your audience has ADHD.

2. Consider your audience What information matters and what doesn't? For example, if you had 25 mg of strattera or 10 mg, it doesn't matter here. Why? Because different people react to the same medication differently. Even if Joe used the same medication, it won't be the same as you.

3. Use resources available to you. Your university probably has an employment center. They probably have people who can help you practice interviews and resume (CV) writing.

4. Job hunting is hard but if you graduated, you have some skills.

EDIT: I didn't know this was in the women's section. I do think my advice is should still be o.k. Best wishes. I know you are fighting many things. Don't give up.

karmalobe
05-26-15, 12:33 AM
Hi from Canada, karmalobe, I'm going to do my best to offer some advice.

Yes, my ADHD has caused me to have many insecurities and fears. Yes, job hunting caused me tons of problems., My symptoms are different from yours in many ways.

Medication. Karmalode, you mention lots of side effects (vomiting and heart issues and whatever) and it also sounds like your medication isn't working (you are still having focus issues). Your doctor needs to know this.
HELLO RICKY , i dont have side effects anymore :) so i think strattera is working properly for me. they dissapeared after the first or second week of treatment thank God. no more nausea, im having a normal treatment. my has changed in a good way , no more irresponsibility, no more lazyness at least most of the time. no more sleepy during the day, im always energetic about doing stuff. BUT i dont feel motivated enough though, about my business. maybe is due to low selfesteem also. its apparently working magics to me. comparing myself two months before lol, i was a total different person, i am a positive person now. so strattera is working, but im not IN A HIGH HIGH * AS I WISH* CONCENTRATION LEVEL YET. i still have verbal fluency lol. and a lot. so @ that point it isnt working yet. so i guess i need to GO DIRECTLY TO 40 MG. from 25 mg to 40 mg. according to the doctor. 40 mg would work better for me. and maybe 60 mg..i feel different in a good way, but obviously im not completely heal :) so thats what i was reffering to.

rickymooston
05-26-15, 09:51 PM
Sounds great. No more seizures ...? That sounds like epilepsy?

So then, you can focus on looking for a job mostly.

What is your field of study and what sort of projects have you done in that area? (At college?)

Does your old university have an employment centre? Have you used it? Any other free resources available to you for your job search. Specifically help in 3 areas 1) making your resume 2) practicing interviews and 3) some potential employers.

Do any of your professors know your work? Any of them who you can talk to?