View Full Version : The Strattera (Atomoxetine) Thread

Ing3nium
05-28-15, 08:19 PM
Hi folks,

I am thinking about taking Strattera (Atomoxetine) for my ADHD-PI, and I would like to hear your experiences with this particular drug (any brand).

Does it increase focus on the same day?

namazu
05-31-15, 12:56 AM
Hi folks,

I am thinking about taking Strattera (Atomoxetine) for my ADHD-PI, and I would like to hear your experiences with this particular drug (any brand).

Does it increase focus on the same day?

Hi Ing3nium,

I moved your thread to the Strattera section, where hopefully you'll get some good advice.

Strattera can take a while to take effect. For some people, it starts working fairly quickly (though rarely same-day), while for others it can take several weeks at an appropriate dose before the effects become noticeable. My experience was that I had to titrate up to a fairly high dose, but once I did, after a few weeks it helped quite a bit.

It is somewhat different from the stimulant medications (methylphenidate, and amphetamine-based drugs) in that respect. With the stimulants, some effects will usually be apparent within the first day or two of use (sometimes within the first hour). Strattera requires more patience.