View Full Version : Wellbutrin and Effexor together

q124107
06-02-15, 09:44 PM
My doctor prescribe Wellbutrin and Effexor together. Ive been afraid to take the Effexor. Has anybody taken this combination for ADD? Did it work good?

FocusPocus10
11-27-15, 03:45 AM
For ADD it will probably not work, what was your doctors explanation? For Depression maybe. Have you tried adderall or ritalin?

Toss4n
12-16-15, 06:29 AM
My doctor prescribe Wellbutrin and Effexor together. Ive been afraid to take the Effexor. Has anybody taken this combination for ADD? Did it work good?

I'm trying to get this combo to combat my anxiety now that I am becoming aware of everything around me, and would like to know if it has helped you at all? My pdoc was already on holiday so I had to visit a general practitioner and she didn't seem to have a clue and wanted to contact a psychiatrist to know if it's safe to take both. :rolleyes:

sarahsweets
12-16-15, 10:54 AM
Both of those drugs were extremely agitating for me. I cant imagine taking both at the same time.

Toss4n
12-16-15, 12:31 PM
Both of those drugs were extremely agitating for me. I cant imagine taking both at the same time.

Okey then that's out of the question. I really thought it might help with me being tired all the time, but if it makes me more agitated than I already am then I don't want it. Have you tried buspiron (the anti-anxiety med not bupropion)? I also have a lot of my escitalopram left, but that really made my add go out of control, but maybe it'll work better when taken together with the bupropion? :eek:

jaythebull
12-17-15, 01:55 PM
I am on Wellbutrin and Effexor. I take 100 mg Wellbutrin IR twice a day and 225mg of Effexor. It's a potent combination and has definitely got me off my butt.

Toss4n
12-17-15, 02:05 PM
I am on Wellbutrin and Effexor. I take 100 mg Wellbutrin IR twice a day and 225mg of Effexor. It's a potent combination and has definitely got me off my butt.

My Dr didn't think it would be a good idea to add anything to the Voxra at this stage, but did write me a prescription for benzos (not going to take any as I hate not feeling "normal"). I guess I always have the escitalopram or brintellix to try out if the bupropion doesn't work on its own.

aeon
12-17-15, 10:29 PM
Venlafaxine/Effexor needs to be at a 225mg/day dosage to function as a norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor so as to be potentially efficacious in the treatment of ADHD.

---

I have taken 450mg/day bupropion/Wellbutrin for quite some time and it works well for me as an antidepressant.

My doctor tried adding 75mg/day of venlafaxine/Effexor as treatment for my anxiety, but my experience with that was unpleasant enough for me to stop treatment. I have always either reacted poorly or not at all to SSRIs/SNRIs.

I tried buspirone/Buspar a number of years ago, and I had no response to it whatsoever.

Despite my reservations, at this point I would like my doctor to prescribe a benzo.

Cheers,
Ian

Toss4n
12-18-15, 02:11 AM
Venlafaxine/Effexor needs to be at a 225mg/day dosage to function as a norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor so as to be potentially efficacious in the treatment of ADHD.

---

I have taken 450mg/day bupropion/Wellbutrin for quite some time and it works well for me as an antidepressant.

My doctor tried adding 75mg/day of venlafaxine/Effexor as treatment for my anxiety, but my experience with that was unpleasant enough for me to stop treatment. I have always either reacted poorly or not at all to SSRIs/SNRIs.

I tried buspirone/Buspar a number of years ago, and I had no response to it whatsoever.

Despite my reservations, at this point I would like my doctor to prescribe a benzo.

Cheers,
Ian
Is that the SR version or the XL? And do you take it all at once or in intervals? Tried taking 450mg yesterday and it seemed to work a lot better than 300 mg (took 300 in the morning and 150 in the afternoon), but I think that 300 mg is the maximum allowed dose in the EU.

squirtle44
01-08-16, 04:58 PM
I have been on both Effexor and Wellbutrin. Neither really worked for me. I am currently trying Brintellix now and it is showing reasonably promising results at a dosage of 20mg daily.