View Full Version : Have you guys tried acupuncture/ chinese meicine?

sayhi110
06-06-15, 05:55 AM
Hi everyone,

I've tried several times of acupuncture. I feel great and energetic after treatment. Just like take Ritalin without bad side effect! (I have decreased appetite, fatigue, and headache......)

But it only last 1~2days, then you back to original. So my doctor also prescribe some chinese herbal medicine for me.

why don't we share the different treatment between nations?

sarahsweets
06-06-15, 05:56 AM
What do you mean by chinese herbal medicine?

sayhi110
06-06-15, 06:06 AM
What do you mean by Chinese herbal medicine?

Chinese Herbal Medicine focus on making your body more energetic or healthy.(actually i don't know how to explain it in English)

I also found a recipe book for ADHD. The writer is a chinese medical doctor. But i was wondering if american have interest knowing this?

Unmanagable
06-06-15, 10:43 AM
Acupuncture has been amazingly healing in my life, for several issues, not specifically for adhd. Two years ago, I was told I needed a complete shoulder replacement to ever expect to feel any relief from severe pain from having no cartilage between the ball and socket, along with several tears on the rotator cuff, and was advised I needed gall bladder surgery on easter sunday this year in order to never have another gall bladder attack.

Instead of immediately agreeing to let them cut on me, as they so aggressively tried to have me do, I used acupuncture, massage therapy, and several herbal/tincture blends, plus totally changed what I choose to eat, and so far, have NOT had to have the surgeries I was so strongly advised would be my only relief.

I've also been extremely fortunate to find a local practitioner (with 20+ years experience) who is also a master herbalist and barters for table time. Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to afford the typical rate of $100 per visit.

aystro
06-07-15, 02:44 PM
Hi everyone,

I've tried several times of acupuncture. I feel great and energetic after treatment. Just like take Ritalin without bad side effect! (I have decreased appetite, fatigue, and headache......)

But it only last 1~2days, then you back to original. So my doctor also prescribe some chinese herbal medicine for me.

This I have done when I was a young adult in London. Different centers, different 'Chinese doctors'. For a period of 6 months I got to test this on my self. It was expensive. Twice a week. It included a 45 min session acupuncture and herbs. Price of the herbs differed a lot. I was told that I would be cured of my fatigue in 6 months. This didn't happen. The last Chinese Medicine Acupuncture center I visited, wanted to keep me by offering extremely expensive 'mushrooms'. It would have cost me like 10 USD a week on that herb alone, if I agreed. This happened after I already spent an accumulative of about 1500 USD equivalent on all my Chinese Medicine sessions in those months.

It did not have any effect at all? In the long term it didn't do anything. Not the needles, not the massage, not the herbs. However you do feel a bit more alive and mildly more energized and happier, after each session ends.

bizarre101
06-07-15, 03:13 PM
what are the ingredients of the chinese herbal medicine, sayhi110?

sayhi110
06-13-15, 03:45 AM
I am in Taiwan so there are many Chinese doctors. Besides, Every doctors focus on different situations maybe you should ask the details before you go to the clinic. I chose a doctor who focus on ADHD. actually i feel acupuncture more effective rather than herbal medicine.

I think there are more and more chinese herbal medicine available in U.K. now. maybe you can try it again?
This I have done when I was a young adult in London. Different centers, different 'Chinese doctors'. For a period of 6 months I got to test this on my self. It was expensive. Twice a week. It included a 45 min session acupuncture and herbs. Price of the herbs differed a lot. I was told that I would be cured of my fatigue in 6 months. This didn't happen. The last Chinese Medicine Acupuncture center I visited, wanted to keep me by offering extremely expensive 'mushrooms'. It would have cost me like 10 USD a week on that herb alone, if I agreed. This happened after I already spent an accumulative of about 1500 USD equivalent on all my Chinese Medicine sessions in those months.

It did not have any effect at all? In the long term it didn't do anything. Not the needles, not the massage, not the herbs. However you do feel a bit more alive and mildly more energized and happier, after each session ends.

sayhi110
06-13-15, 03:49 AM
what are the ingredients of the chinese herbal medicine, sayhi110?

Different kind of plants or vegetables. but i don't think it's available in U.S. Maybe you can find a Chinese medical doctor who focus on ADHD or pediatric, they can tell you more information in English for you.

Greyhound1
06-14-15, 12:43 AM
Hi everyone,

Did the acupuncture eleviate ADHD symptoms besides energy levels?

I am considering it for lower back pain.

Unmanagable
06-14-15, 11:22 PM
Happened upon this tonight and thought some peeps posting in this thread may find it helpful or interesting:

http://subtleenergysciences.net/blog-native/2015/5/1/scientists-discover-biological-evidence-for-the-existence-of-acupuncture-meridians

This short 3-minute introduces the work of scientists at Seoul National University in Korea who have apparently confirmed the existence of what is now referred to as the “primo-vascular system,” a crucial part of the cardiovascular system. Formerly proposed to exist by North Korean scientist Kim Bong-han in the early 1960’s, and typically called Bonghan ducts or channels, the existence of this system in various organs has now been corroborated by further research.

These researchers believe the primo-vascular system is in fact the physical component of the Acupuncture meridian system. It has also been suggested that this system is involved in channeling the flow of energy and information relayed by biophotons and DNA.

hg12345
06-15-15, 07:51 AM
I'm a huge fan of acupuncture! I did it for my IBS because I was in a lot of pain and nothing else was working. However, I believe that she felt my anxiety and treated me for that too because every time I left, I felt amazing. And each time I went, my anxiety level was decreased more. I'm a huge advocate for acupuncture. But it is very expensive and no insurance will cover it.

Little Missy
06-15-15, 08:10 AM
I hate to be a drag, but I wish I had the all that money back spent on acupuncture for pain and migraines - it was A LOT of money - when all I needed was that mouth guard my dentist made for me.

But it sure is interesting and nice to hear that it works so well for others. :)

sayhi110
06-24-15, 12:20 AM
Yes, i felt calm after acupuncture. But it only lasts for 2 days.
My doctor said it will last longer if i keep acupuncture.
He advised me 2~3 times a week.
i think acupuncture can relieve your lower back pain too.

Did the acupuncture eleviate ADHD symptoms besides energy levels?

I am considering it for lower back pain.

Neanderthal
07-17-15, 10:14 PM
I tried acupuncture in 2 different therapists for about 4 months each, one of them practice chinese acupuncture and other a physician specialized in the japanese style...none worked for me...i believe that the majority of those therapists in brazil are charlatans.

Years ago I watched on Natgeo an acupuncturist from hong kong who had developed techniques of tongue acupuncture for treatment of autism in children, looked authentic for me.