View Full Version : Focalin - Is a "drug Holiday" necessary? Does the tolerance ever end?

sbcy
06-08-15, 05:38 PM
I've been on Focalin IR 20mg/day (4 x 5mg; brand - not generic) for a little over a month now and it seems like after about 5-6 days of taking it consistently, Focalin begins to be less effective. Does this ever go away? I often feel REALLY tired when I don't take Focalin in the morning (but was taking Focalin on the preceding days), so a drug holiday would seem like kind of a disaster for me...I have problems oversleeping (I can often fall asleep an hour after taking 5mg Focalin if I want to) as it is, so I'd like to feel like I'm capable of functioning 7 days/week instead of 6 so I don't have an excuse for oversleeping.
Any thoughts on tolerance? :thankyou:

freshtodef
07-09-15, 11:47 PM
I've been on Focalin IR 20mg/day (4 x 5mg; brand - not generic) for a little over a month now and it seems like after about 5-6 days of taking it consistently, Focalin begins to be less effective. Does this ever go away? I often feel REALLY tired when I don't take Focalin in the morning (but was taking Focalin on the preceding days), so a drug holiday would seem like kind of a disaster for me...I have problems oversleeping (I can often fall asleep an hour after taking 5mg Focalin if I want to) as it is, so I'd like to feel like I'm capable of functioning 7 days/week instead of 6 so I don't have an excuse for oversleeping.
Any thoughts on tolerance? :thankyou:

Hey, sbcy

I sent you a private message. I just wanted to try and get your attention here in case you don't see a notification for the PM, as the subject of my message (Namenda/Memantine) was from an old thread you participated in (regarding insurance coverage for it).

I would appreciate it a lot if you could get back to me and chime in on my question. I included my direct/personal email address in the PM.

Thanks!