View Full Version : I'm engaged

BellaVita
06-09-15, 05:37 AM
I have a very special announcement:

I am engaged to the wonderful man David. (dvdnvwls)

On January 16 he got down on one knee and said, "Bella, will you marry me? For real."

This is my best friend, my companion, the love of my life - of course I said yes.

After being friends on the forum and calling each other every single night for several months, we met in person nearly a year ago.

He drove thousands of miles just to be with me.

While traveling across America the bond between us only grew stronger. We held each other's hands through the journey. It was terrifying and yet exciting. Every single event led to us falling deeply in love.

We are wonderfully happy together, and I am overflowing with joy about spending the rest of our lives together.

Fuzzy12
06-09-15, 05:45 AM
That's great news. Congratulations!! :):):)

psychopathetic
06-09-15, 05:46 AM
Omg Bells!
Oh! haha I'm speechless! ME! SPEECHLESS!
Look what you do to me! :p

((((((((((((((Bellsy))))))))))))))

I'm so happy for you! I'm so glad you have someone who really knows you and loves you for all that you are. Someone you don't have to hide your mental stuff from...but rather someone who shares a lot in common with you and is there to support and to love you through it all.

Thank you Dvd for being such a wonderful person in my Lil'Bell's life. I loves my Bells, and I'm so glad that you're there for her!

I'm so happy for the 2 of you!

(((((((Bells)))))))

(((((((DVD)))))))

Yay guys! :yes:

:grouphug:

:yes:

psychopathetic
06-09-15, 05:57 AM
Oh! I have a new nickname for DVD too!!!

DVDWVows!

:giggle: :giggle:

stef
06-09-15, 06:17 AM
Congratulations to both of you ! :grouphug:

Pilgrim
06-09-15, 07:09 AM
Congratulations.

Stevuke79
06-09-15, 07:31 AM
Congratulations!

midnightstar
06-09-15, 10:52 AM
Congrats Bella and dvd :grouphug: So happy for you both, you are made for each other :grouphug:

dvd we'd all like you to look after Bella because she deserves to be happy :grouphug:

Unmanagable
06-09-15, 11:08 AM
Forever be kind to each other, and never stop falling in love. <3

((((Hugs)))) and a huge congrats!!!!

willow129
06-09-15, 11:11 AM
EEEEEEEK oh my god I love a love story with a happy ending!!!!! This is so beautiful :D Congratulations!!!

VeryTired
06-09-15, 11:16 AM
Wonderful news! Wishing all happiness to two very remarkable people!

Lunacie
06-09-15, 11:52 AM
http://www.altoonachorus.com/images/stories/sweet20logo20red.jpg

I've seen some wonderful changes in both of you over the last year.
You are clearly good for each other. ConGaRatS!

Little Missy
06-09-15, 12:36 PM
Like we all didn't know already...:D Congrats!!!

psychopathetic
06-10-15, 03:23 AM
(((((((DVD)))))))

(((((((Bellsy Wellsy)))))))

:D

Just sending more e-(((hugs))) your ways!

Tmoney
06-10-15, 07:58 AM
Congratulations to both of you. What a wonderful story! I didn't know, but that doesn't mean anything, I don't always see the obvious!

My advise to him:
"Never argue with a woman when she's tired.... or when she's rested!"

GeordieDave
06-10-15, 11:15 AM
Buzzing! Congrats!

tazoz
06-11-15, 02:50 PM
Congratulations! I wish you years of happiness, beautiful experiences and unrelenquishing love together. :grouphug:

someothertime
06-11-15, 06:04 PM
Woooohooooooo!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Greyhound1
06-11-15, 07:21 PM
Congratulations CoolBella! You so deserve to be happy:)

DVD, you are a lucky man. You better take good care of her.

finallyfound10
06-13-15, 01:27 AM
Congratulations!!!!!

:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes: :yes::yes::yes::yes:

dvdnvwls
06-14-15, 01:44 AM
Just for the record, I'd like to state that I'm engaged too.

While that may at first glance appear to be merely coincidental (or perhaps irrelevant, or interfering in BellaVita's thread), careful examination of the facts will show otherwise. :giggle:

Thank you to all the kind people here who responded in any form.

To midnight and Greyhound: I really will take good care of Bella. And she takes good care of me too.

To Tmoney (who gave some tongue-in-cheek advice about arguing): In the past, I had a very sad and much too long experience with the type of situation your advice refers to. BellaVita and I have something I never thought possible, something that despite its prosaic or pedestrian nature is one of my favourite things about us.

We sometimes argue, often openly and vigorously. She knows she's always right, and I know I'm always right. :giggle: (And no, that isn't the good part. :doh:) What sets us apart IMO from any other couple I've observed is the fact that when we've had a significant disagreement both of us consistently come back later with increased understanding of the other person's point of view, both of us apologize honestly and directly, and we end up closer to agreement or understanding (as well as just closer in general).

It's not glamorous, but for me at least, being pretty consistently able to disagree productively and without grudges or disrespect is the closest thing to magic I've ever encountered in any relationship. Everything about BellaVita is wonderful, but I can't help feeling that with "We argue in a sane and non-toxic way" the two of us have hit some kind of secret jackpot. :D

My adult life now divides into two periods - "before we met" and "the good part". I look forward with joy and anticipation (and nervousness :) ), instead of resignation.

BellaVita, for those of you who haven't had the privilege of meeting her IRL, is as good as she seems to be - and much more besides. I'm lucky to have met her at just the right time in both our lives, lucky to have persuaded her that meeting each other in person might not be such a bad idea, and proud to say I'll soon be her husband.

PS - Thanks for saying yes. I didn't have much of a plan for if you'd said no. :lol: