View Full Version : why do the anti anxiety effects wear off so quickly?

Cotter67
06-12-15, 10:19 AM
the first few weeks my anxiety was gone especially socially, but then I started noticing it coming back just as bad as before, ive been on it nearly 8 weeks now at 10mg a day, I see my pdoc next Wednesday but I feel upping the does might make me even more jittery and nervous.

Corina86
06-12-15, 03:55 PM
I don't think stimulants are supposed to help with anxiety. They might give you a bit of a "high" at first, which might cover it, but I think they usually make anxiety worse. Anxiety can be treated with different medication though and/or therapy. If you want to up the dose you might as well give it a try, since you can lower it again any time you want.

Robin.B.P
06-13-15, 12:09 PM
Well they kill anxiety on me.

sarahsweets
06-16-15, 04:48 AM
Stimulants help my anxiety because the level of functioning increases for me, which in turn affects my anxiety and how I deal with it.

someothertime
06-16-15, 07:12 AM
For me the anti anxiety was most prominent for around 2 to 4 months then can fluctuate....

Tying into what MsSweets says above, Self pressure, aka, "I have to be xyz' other than "lets see the possibilities" or "I am open' seem to play apart for many....

Diet.

Cumulative meds / dosage wean / weighing.....

Lack of relief / downtime......

And so forth all the way back to most common anxiety contributors......... Not the least, simple presence..... aka, cause is still present......

Essentially what i am saying is for the most part...... initial meds mostly "held" your neurals which prevented underlying "triggers' loops and so forth from arising...... It makes sense that this is temporary where true/endemic anxiety is present over "shyness'.....

That said.... there is scope in momentum, correct dose and healthy thinking to better manage anxiety,,,,, ( momentum does not mean contancy..... on the contrary it is riding your cycadium + else )

peace! ( oh! for me exercise squashes roughly 70 - 100 % of my anxieties albeit impermanently )..... just keeps the mind at bay and resets the 'rush" tick,.....

Pilgrim
06-16-15, 09:10 AM
Stimulants help my anxiety because the level of functioning increases for me, which in turn affects my anxiety and how I deal with it.

This is exactly correct. Once the honeymoon period with stimulants is over I think my anxiety increased.
So I upped my exercise and healthy eating , really tried hard to not think negative also.

Helped better than I thought it would. I'm not taking an SSRI for anxiety. I take enough drugs.