View Full Version : Abs to Uns: Nutrient supplements for mood disorders?

Abi
06-18-15, 12:44 PM
You know, after 6.5 years of very good results, my antidepressants are fragging out on me. I'm considering becoming more open minded,tho I'm leaning towards ECT.

Do you know anything about these people who take huge amounts of vitamin b6 and magnesium and zinc for mood disorders?

Unmanagable
06-18-15, 12:51 PM
I take a B complex vitamin, use a magnesium spray/oil along with taking epsom salt baths for the magnesium and relaxation benefits, and take a zinc supplement daily. I guess I'd qualify as one of those people.

I do that in addition to several other things as a whole, so I can't speak on the exact effects of those three specific things. The food intake remains to be the most amazing and powerfully effective, and after the initial shock and total discomfort of 70ish or so days of totally changing my lifestyle, it's actually become a hell of a lot easier planning my meals now. Less food groups to f*** with greatly simplifies things.

Unmanagable
06-18-15, 01:10 PM
Oops..........answered in the other thread.

Abi
06-18-15, 01:11 PM
Will move it. I have powers :-)

Abi
06-18-15, 01:16 PM
Ugh I don't have sufficient powers. Read your post though.

Do you have any affective d/o dxs or just ADHD?

Unmanagable
06-18-15, 01:31 PM
I was told I have severe adhd, severe depression, anxiety, and "some type of personality disorder, but I just can't nail down which one".

This was after several years of seeking help for what I kept being told was severe depression only, and many, many rounds of trying many different meds, mostly in total f'n misery.

Several different docs, two psychiatrists, and at least 6 different therapists. No one ever addressed, acknowledged, recognized, or diagnosed PTSD from early sexual abuse, etc. Doesn't do a whole lot to make me confident in their abilities, overall.

Abi
06-18-15, 01:41 PM
Oddly, I'm certain my first shrink thought I was sexually abused.

He once told me that 27% of people, including those from middle to upper class backgrounds, are raped before the age of 16. An obvious lie, I think he was trying to get me to "admit" that I was sexually abused. (I wasn't) He was very into (outdated) Freudian stuff.

Unmanagable
06-18-15, 01:47 PM
And here I went through a dozen or so professional peeps who I shared the info of my abuse with who totally ignored it in their dialogue and diagnosis. It makes absolutely no sense to me. So much so that I've been tossing around the idea of revisiting some of them to inquire why.

Little Missy
06-18-15, 07:18 PM
You know, after 6.5 years of very good results, my antidepressants are fragging out on me. I'm considering becoming more open minded,tho I'm leaning towards ECT.

Do you know anything about these people who take huge amounts of vitamin b6 and magnesium and zinc for mood disorders?

Olde Shrinkipoo and I spoke of a Pt that had ECT and he loved it.

Abi
06-18-15, 07:24 PM
He "loved" it?

Can you elaborate please?

Greyhound1
06-18-15, 07:37 PM
He "loved" it?

Lol. That sounds a little scary! Thats brain electrocution

Little Missy
06-18-15, 09:58 PM
He "loved" it?

Oh! I'm sorry. This man had tried everything for many years and finally was begging for something to lift his depression and he had the ECT and improved considerably and really did say he was happy and loved that he had it done. Went back three more times that I knew of.

There isn't a whole lot more to elaborate on. You have to remember Shrinkipoo discussed many of her Pts with me yet I never saw or knew any of them. We talked always of meds and new things and stuff like that. He was just an example of something she did not believe in yet she arranged it for him as he was desperate. And it worked. She was open to try whatever helped her Pts live a better life.