View Full Version : The Ridiculous Desoxyn Stigma

thebomb402
06-18-15, 08:08 PM
I found adderall to be much more tweakish than desoxyn. I really do not see how pharmaceutical doses of desoxyn are really any more dangerous or "wild" than caffeine. Desoxyn doesn't alter my personality or judgment. Ritalin and adderall made my heart pound out of my chest. This is the only thing that doesn't jack up my blood pressure. All it feels like is drinking 2 monster drinks without the peripheral stimulation or anxiety. I will say that for some people that need that extra norepinephrine push or that need more motivation to do things it might not be the best treatment. For a lot of people though with ADHD like myself I'm sure it could help. The short acting nature of the other ADHD meds make them in my opinion a nightmare. I could never get concerta to release steadily or get vyvanse to last more than a 4 hours even. Even then it was too mild and sort of distracting with bits of hyperfocus.

I wrote this mainly to tell anyone that hasn't tried this drug that this is not some demonic street drug that destroys people. Those tweakers who make it in their basement are synthesizing it impurely. It leaves behind acidic residue that they can't get rid of since they do not have high tech chemistry equipment. Those reactants that haven't reacted all the way are what rot their teeth. I have all mine. They also use from what I looked up online toxic chemicals which by themselves cause retardation. I think our society needs to differentiate between this and pharmaceutical methamphetamine. I have zero desire to take more than prescribed of this stuff. And that's funny because with adderall or ritalin anyone would get a buzz off just one more 20mg pill (or whatever their dose was). This does not appear to be like that at all. It's sort of like a finite stimulation level to where more does not do much of anything. Yes the idiots on the street taking 500mg (20x a desoxyn daily dose) twice a day full of impurities from their basement synthesis and god knows what else will probably get high off whatever chemicals are leftover from the synthesis and the L side of the molecule not found in desoxyn.

My point is that at least in pharmaceutical comparisons I could see people getting hooked on or abusing amphetamine or ritalin but I have a hard time seeing people doing this with desoxyn that actually have ADHD. I read in an online forum of tweakers trying to get high off ridiculous amounts of desoxyn and they said they couldn't. I would never attempt to duplicate their experience but it is believable when you consider L-methamphetamine isn't in desoxyn nor are the toxic reactant leftovers. God knows what new reactants they are substituting to try and make that. If regular amphetamine was as easy to make then that would be the stigmatized one.

Anyway just wanted to dispel how ridiculous it is to ridicule a pharmaceutically pure and comparatively small dose to what addicts are illegally taking. And of course I wanted to illustrate how much worse adderall or ritalin in my mind were than this in terms of addiction potential. I never abused either but I could see with their short lives and relative fleeting therapeutic effects let alone escalation of euphoria with dose that those would be what people would most likely become addicted to.

I get zero euphoria with desoxyn. It borderline feels like I did not take anything except when I sit down and have to do something like write this post I am not thinking about the 15 other things I need to do in regards to my last semester of my math major or MCAT prep or whatever. For some desoxyn probably won't provide enough kick but for those of us that don't like to feel like we are on something I think desoxyn might help.

Like I said, I feel like I could even sleep after taking this. It's not even that stimulating. It's hard to imagine something that isn't stimulating but allows you to focus. I hope perhaps this post could help dispel some myths and help others in some way. I'm not a doctor and not giving any medical advice just reiterating my experiences with 10 years of experience trying to find a medication with less side effects or in this case no side effects. While I have never tried a drug other than marijuana in high school that was not prescribed to me (caffeine and alcohol obviously I have), it really is a shame that we will up our prison systems with people hooked on some trashy street version of this who for all we know might prosper if their ADHD was treated (if they had it). I can't really relate to those people but it breaks my heart that we spend so much tax dollar money and ruin people's already ruined lives and further based on the wrong philosophy of helping people. 90% of prisons in the USA are privately owned and they want more guests. I think it's time that those of us with the ability to vouch for the proper use of the D form of this drug with ADHD take a stand and say that this thing is being compared to something completely different. I'll bet you majority of what they are getting high off isn't even the L side of the molecule but the endless random reactants and contaminants laced in.

Considering this is the only desoxyn form I know of that is legitimate, I figured I'd post this here.

While there are a virtually unlimited amount of ways one could genetically wind up with ADHD, research has shown that a significant portion of people with ADHD have dopamine transporters that do not function properly. Ritalin and Amphetamine correct this. Methamphetamine possibly corrects the backwards flowing or inefficient dopamine transporters too scientists have found. I also think about what kind of brain damage long term or at least free radical excess generation a constant flux of drug wearing off or coming on would cause i.e. from ritalin or adderall which half significantly shorter half lives. The timed release forms definitely did not improve my situation.

I found a link of a harvard psychiatrist stating that methamphetamine is indeed more effective a lot of the time and due to its stigma it is not prescribed as often.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/02/22/why-we-need-medical-meth-cocaine.html

A neuroscientist in that article of which you can read more from elsewhere also talks about how participants actually had higher scores in studies after taking pharmaceutical grade methamphetamine (not in extremely high doses people illegally take it in).

At about 600$/100 5mgpills the generic price of this drug has gone up significantly from the 20$ that 100 20mg pills used to cost around 25 years ago. I would think that if enough proper knowledge was spread that perhaps more than one company would decide or get approval to make this generic and prices would go down. My copay is 10$ either way but it disconcerting to see that just one manufacturer is producing this.

5 cents per 5 mg from the pharmacy versus today 6$ per 5 mg from the pharmacy. Know of anything else that is gone up 120x in price in the last 20-25 years?

thebomb402
06-19-15, 02:56 AM
I also want to add that I was indeed just like the professor of psychiatry from Harvard stated happened in the article getting urinary tract infections while on ritalin and amphetamine. I had never had a UTI in my life before that. a UTI in a male in itself is not very common especially in the absence of confounding factors like STDs or something which weren't an issue.

Little Missy
06-19-15, 07:57 AM
Maybe Desoxyn can be the basis of your thesis. :)

baical
06-28-15, 08:06 AM
Vyvanse last more than 4 hours? I'm at 40 mg daily, I feel as if it fades out in 4 hours. Maybe it's because of my anti tolerance vitamins and minerals regimen I take (zinc/magnesium, etc).

I'm curious about Desoxyn if it is smoother than Vyvanse? Some people say yes, way smoother than Vyvanse. Not sure if I should go the dexedrine route first before desoxyn? Vyvanse just feels more like a pro drug of amphetamine which it is, so I'm not sure why this feels not as "life changing" as my doctor claimed it to be. I've only been on it for about 3 months.

My conclusion is meth is not as bad as it is made out to be considering the scheduling (schedule 2) is the same as Vyvanse ("safest" amphetamine there is).

thebomb402
06-30-15, 10:00 AM
Yeah I too am noticing it doesn't last for more than around that. It sure doesn't have the norepinephrine kick i found adderall or even d amph to have.

baical
07-02-15, 08:38 AM
I think Vyvanse is really meant for kids as an amphetamine starter. Just my opinion. If I were to go back to college and I'd have to wait 2-3 hours for it to kick in, I don't see a point because 2-3 hours would be like a class or two.

I just would not get on anything with levotory amphetamine such as Adderall or Evekeo. Something about it speeds my heart up, I tried the OTC Walmart nasal decongestion made of levotory amphetamine.

baical
07-08-15, 05:29 AM
I wonder if the physical and psychological dependence is real even at therapeutic dosage of Desoxyn? Is Desoxyn more expensive than Vyvanse?

I read on another thread that another manufacturer of Desoxyn (Ovation/Lundbeck) has generic Desoxyn cheaper, about $50 a month.

Saw more talk of Desoxyn on the thread below, it's old but seems as if info. are mixed or outdated like those companies who makes Desoxyn no longer exist and or prices vary from cheap to expensive:

http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1741242#post1741242

Honestly, some days, I feel unconfident when on Vyvanse, usually when my day isn't going well. I wish I was less easily disappointed and be bullet proof. I think Desoxyn hold the power here. I'm on 50 mg Vyvanse going on 60, then eventually max out to 70. When it doesn't work as I want it to work, may switch to Dexedrine. I think the lysine in Vyvanse is what makes me feel unconfident on certain days because after all Vyvanse is really just a prodrug of dextroamphetamine. One thing I notice though if I stop taking it for 1 day and dose again, I could feel it working. Must be called "tolerance" when I've been on it without a break.

I may check on drugs.com on who makes Desoxyn these days. I'm curious how does one convince the doctor to prescribe it? My doc seems to ride on the Adderall and Ritalin train as if it's what the pharmaceuticals are pushing the most. I'll never take either one of those. It's either Dexedrine or Desoxyn along with Vyvanse. I had spoken about a "booster" and I should get it soon if max dose Vyvanse is still weak.

baical
07-11-15, 06:22 AM
I'm curious what "type" of psychiatrist are willing to prescribe Desoxyn? My assumption is usually the older types and or the ones with at least several decades of experience practicing psychiatry that knows what is effective. My assumption is the new school psychiatrist would prefer the Vyvanses and the Adderalls over the older amphetamines (Desoxyn, Dexedrine, etc.) because it's simply "new" and or what they think they know.

daveddd
07-11-15, 09:56 AM
I'm curious what "type" of psychiatrist are willing to prescribe Desoxyn? My assumption is usually the older types and or the ones with at least several decades of experience practicing psychiatry that knows what is effective. My assumption is the new school psychiatrist would prefer the Vyvanses and the Adderalls over the older amphetamines (Desoxyn, Dexedrine, etc.) because it's simply "new" and or what they think they know.

methamphetamine will be looked at a lot closer by the DEA

its probably also tough to find

I've never seen or heard of anyone who gets it

baical
07-12-15, 05:31 AM
Desoxyn and Vyvanse both belong in the same schedule 2 drug category. I doubt one gets looked at "closer" over the other.

daveddd
07-12-15, 09:31 AM
Desoxyn and Vyvanse both belong in the same schedule 2 drug category. I doubt one gets looked at "closer" over the other.

it definitely does

baical
07-12-15, 08:43 PM
Most people do not even know prescription methamphetamine exist. LOL. My psychiatrist was surprised I knew them all. LOL. That's why they called it "Desoxyn" to avoid shocking everyone. Also, the reason why OTC nasal decongestant is spelled levometamfetamine was to avoid shocking everyone. LOL.

Prescription GHB is called Xyrem (how cute)... etc. You get the point.

Meanwhile, the DEA and FDA are both in bed together (how cute).

baical
07-20-15, 04:25 AM
Today I tried out some digestive enzyme called Bromelain, not sure if it made Vyvanse get utilized faster. Not sure if this Bromelain is a good compound to add to my regimen. It's nothing more than a digestive enzyme that breaks down food into different nutrients. It helps digest protein in the gastrointstinal tract. Does this mean that it digests Vyvanse faster then?

Yeah I too am noticing it doesn't last for more than around that. It sure doesn't have the norepinephrine kick i found adderall or even d amph to have.

baical
07-27-15, 06:34 AM
i'm just curious if this is true; someone on another drug forum has mentioned that methamphetamine (Desoxyn) usually makes one's day feel like only 2 minutes has passed. Seems a bit exaggerated and magical but if true, it's really something I would want to be using. I'm assuming that's recreational dosage not the standard therapeutic Desoxyn dose of 5-25 mg daily. My Vyvanse use does not feel at all "magical" or as life changing as my doctor has said it would be. Maybe for kids it is. Vyvanse feels as if tolerance builds that you do not feel any better on it than when you first took it. My trick to counter this "tolerance" is that I take a day off then the following day I use it, it feels as if my day is great. I would assume Desoxyn is much more consistent daily that one could actually feel their day is just smooth every day and not as inconsistent as Vyvanse.

sarahsweets
07-27-15, 07:07 AM
Why is it you have so many threads about this medicine or that medicine and how it feels and how to potentiate it or supplement it?

Little Missy
07-27-15, 07:19 AM
i'm just curious if this is true; someone on another drug forum has mentioned that methamphetamine (Desoxyn) usually makes one's day feel like only 2 minutes has passed. Seems a bit exaggerated and magical but if true, it's really something I would want to be using. I'm assuming that's recreational dosage not the standard therapeutic Desoxyn dose of 5-25 mg daily. My Vyvanse use does not feel at all "magical" or as life changing as my doctor has said it would be. Maybe for kids it is. Vyvanse feels as if tolerance builds that you do not feel any better on it than when you first took it. My trick to counter this "tolerance" is that I take a day off then the following day I use it, it feels as if my day is great. I would assume Desoxyn is much more consistent daily that one could actually feel their day is just smooth every day and not as inconsistent as Vyvanse.

Either ask the person on the other forum about recreational use or ask your doctor why you do not feel magical. They both would know the answers to your questions.:)

baical
07-31-15, 07:53 AM
what would I be asking exactly?

Why is it you have so many threads about this medicine or that medicine and how it feels and how to potentiate it or supplement it?

Little Missy
07-31-15, 08:57 AM

Just think! You'll be able to ask your new doctor all of these questions and get all of the answers you are so desirous of and then you can share your findings with us. :) Inquiring minds want to know.

sarahsweets
08-04-15, 03:03 PM

I dont understand...

baical
08-05-15, 04:20 AM
Up your dose then you will understand. :lol:

I dont understand...

sarahsweets
08-05-15, 06:21 AM
Up your dose then you will understand. :lol:
what I didnt understand was what you meant by this:
no what would I be asking exactly?

baical
10-04-15, 07:08 AM
OP, I'm curious which pharmacies would be carrying Desoxyn? My doctor had mentioned its similarities with Dexedrine (which I am currently prescribed but have a hard time finding a pharmacy having this in stock). I would assume Desoxyn only comes in generic form and no "brand" or is there a "brand" form of Desoxyn considering Dexedrine does have a "brand" form? The pharmacist told me to try different pharmacies and or get an alternative to Dexedrine if I can't find it this time (since it is on back order from the manufacturer). I am still on Vyvanse but once I get my Dexedrine prescription filled up then great, if not I may have 3 options: Desoxyn, Adderall, and or back to Vyvanse. Ritalin is out of the question (it's not an amphetamine). Evekeo was said to be not covered by Medicaid so that's out. I'm crossing my fingers to find Dexedrine Spansule today.

baical
10-07-15, 03:17 AM
Seems as if Desoxyn is only put out by this company:

http://recordatirarediseases.com/products

Manufacturer of Desoxyn FOR the company is AbbVie.

Anyone have additional info?

namazu
10-07-15, 11:11 AM
Seems as if Desoxyn is only put out by this company:

Manufacturer of Desoxyn FOR the company is AbbVie.

Anyone have additional info?
There appears to be one additional manufacturer, Coastal Pharms, who produces a generic 5mg tablet (http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cder/drugsatfda/index.cfm?fuseaction=Search.Overview&DrugName=METHAMPHETAMINE%20HYDROCHLORIDE).

TangledWebs
10-07-15, 03:32 PM
I also want to add that I was indeed just like the professor of psychiatry from Harvard stated happened in the article getting urinary tract infections while on ritalin and amphetamine. I had never had a UTI in my life before that. a UTI in a male in itself is not very common especially in the absence of confounding factors like STDs or something which weren't an issue.

Yep, Adderall could cause urinary retention in some people, which may predispose you to urinary tract infections.

JunkieHunter
10-07-15, 11:25 PM
I was on Desoxyn for a while. For starters, it's use for adhd is off-label meaning it hasn't been approved for the treatment in adhd by the FDA. As far as thereputic doses are concerned it's effective as a weight loss aid in addition to exercise and dependant on the person in regards to adhd. As far as non-theroputic doses are concerned nothing makes an addicts face glow more red than a legal source for their high. It didn't make days go by any faster than usual but thats an effect I've experienced with every stimulant medication. Days are a sudden breeze. Over before you know it.

I've since discontinued the use of Desoxyn as it was, for me atleast, not as effective at any dose over other stimulant medication. Thats just me and me alone.

namazu
10-08-15, 02:10 AM
I was on Desoxyn for a while. For starters, it's use for adhd is off-label meaning it hasn't been approved for the treatment in adhd by the FDA.
Actually, Desoxyn is FDA-approved for the treatment of ADHD, per the FDA-approved medication guide. (http://www.fda.gov/downloads/Drugs/DrugSafety/ucm088582.pdf)

However, it's not very commonly prescribed for ADHD because of the scrutiny surrounding methamphetamine prescriptions, the relative difficulty of finding a pharmacy that carries it, and the lack of evidence that it's any better than some of the other (less stigmatized, more available, often longer-acting) stimulants.

JunkieHunter
10-08-15, 02:16 AM
Actually, Desoxyn is FDA-approved for the treatment of ADHD, per the FDA-approved medication guide. (http://www.fda.gov/downloads/Drugs/DrugSafety/ucm088582.pdf)

However, it's not very commonly prescribed for ADHD because of the scrutiny surrounding methamphetamine prescriptions, the relative difficulty of finding a pharmacy that carries it, and the lack of evidence that it's any better than some of the other (less stigmatized, more available, often longer-acting) stimulants.

Right you are! Check myself more often now. I didn't find it any better to be honest.

baical
10-08-15, 06:13 AM
I googled this company and seems as if defunct? Are they Cali-based?

There appears to be one additional manufacturer, Coastal Pharms, who produces a generic 5mg tablet (http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cder/drugsatfda/index.cfm?fuseaction=Search.Overview&DrugName=METHAMPHETAMINE%20HYDROCHLORIDE).

namazu
10-08-15, 10:15 AM
I googled this company and seems as if defunct? Are they Cali-based?
Not sure. Looks like there are several companies called "Coastal Pharm-something". It's also possible that the company in question was bought out by someone else.

In any case, I don't know whether they a) still exist, or b) do actually produce a generic methamphetamine, but according to the FDA, they haven't officially discontinued it.

baical
10-09-15, 05:17 AM
Any clue if Desoxyn is covered by Medicaid? Also, I was just informed that Dexedrine (brand) in 5 mg is either discontinued or on back order no wonder why I can't find it easily for the past month. I'm going back on Vyvanse unless I get info. about Desoxyn. The pharmacist mentioned he hasn't seen Desoxyn in over 30 years, maybe he was bluffing.

baical
10-09-15, 05:20 AM
the days going by "smooth" claim is probably claimed by someone using meth recreationally not at therapeutic dose.

I was on Desoxyn for a while. For starters, it's use for adhd is off-label meaning it hasn't been approved for the treatment in adhd by the FDA. As far as thereputic doses are concerned it's effective as a weight loss aid in addition to exercise and dependant on the person in regards to adhd. As far as non-theroputic doses are concerned nothing makes an addicts face glow more red than a legal source for their high. It didn't make days go by any faster than usual but thats an effect I've experienced with every stimulant medication. Days are a sudden breeze. Over before you know it.

I've since discontinued the use of Desoxyn as it was, for me atleast, not as effective at any dose over other stimulant medication. Thats just me and me alone.

baical
10-10-15, 01:16 AM
OK so I finally got the message from the CURRENT sole manufacturer of Desoxyn (Recordati). It is a brand, and no generic Desoxyn exists. Now, I'm trying to find out if Medicaid covers it. It should be covered considering no generic exists plus it is only put out by 1 company, right?

vampares
10-31-15, 04:42 PM
The pharmacist mentioned he hasn't seen Desoxyn in over 30 years, maybe he was bluffing.

They always act like I am the only one on the planet on this stuff. Then you see the basket full of CII scripts. Over 30 this month. Anything to keep the population begging for more.

vampares
10-31-15, 04:44 PM
OK so I finally got the message from the CURRENT sole manufacturer of Desoxyn (Recordati). It is a brand, and no generic Desoxyn exists. Now, I'm trying to find out if Medicaid covers it. It should be covered considering no generic exists plus it is only put out by 1 company, right?
Well it does but...

xdeltaguy
12-01-15, 07:51 PM
Facts on Desoxyn

A generic is manufactured by Mylan Pharmaceuticals, in their Morgantown, WV plant.

Generic - Methamphetamine HCL 5mg only

Price is from Humana for 30-day supply. Current as of 12/1/2015

METHAMPHETAMINE HCL 90 $1,806.42

Desoxyn IS prescribed for ADHD as is no off-label as some have suggested.

I have NEVER had a problem in getting the generic. I have used CIGNA and CVS pharmacies 0 issues on supply and ordering.

ADHDsim
12-02-15, 03:52 AM
I for one who has read an abundance of information regarding medications and their mode of actions have concluded that desoxyn is a superior medication for myself and yet the stigma surrounding methamphetamine in Austrlia certainly makes myself feel hesitant.

I naturally assume the methamphetamine epidemic in Australia is behind the out right banning of desoxyn in Australia. Not only do drug addicts affect society, stigmatise my current medication they also inhibit my ability to be prescribed what most certainly might be of a huge benefit to myself.

I'm not entirely sure of desoxyns long term effects, certainly there are some possible long term ramifications greater than dexedrine.

To my understanding I am on the extreme side of ADHD. I have literally day dreamed my life away.

baical
12-20-15, 11:34 AM
Nice to know I wasn't the only one that daydreamed my life away. It would have been nice if those dreams were put into actions whether by will or by luck. I'd like to have both.

I for one who has read an abundance of information regarding medications and their mode of actions have concluded that desoxyn is a superior medication for myself and yet the stigma surrounding methamphetamine in Austrlia certainly makes myself feel hesitant.

I naturally assume the methamphetamine epidemic in Australia is behind the out right banning of desoxyn in Australia. Not only do drug addicts affect society, stigmatise my current medication they also inhibit my ability to be prescribed what most certainly might be of a huge benefit to myself.

I'm not entirely sure of desoxyns long term effects, certainly there are some possible long term ramifications greater than dexedrine.

To my understanding I am on the extreme side of ADHD. I have literally day dreamed my life away.

baical
12-20-15, 11:37 AM
I really do not know how you got your info. considering the one and only Desoxyn manufacturer is Recordati Rare Diseases, which is BRAND ONLY, no generics exist!

Is you info. outdated or something? Are you actually on a generic version of Desoxyn as of now? It's December 2015. :giggle:

Facts on Desoxyn

A generic is manufactured by Mylan Pharmaceuticals, in their Morgantown, WV plant.

Generic - Methamphetamine HCL 5mg only

Price is from Humana for 30-day supply. Current as of 12/1/2015

METHAMPHETAMINE HCL 90 $1,806.42

Desoxyn IS prescribed for ADHD as is no off-label as some have suggested.

I have NEVER had a problem in getting the generic. I have used CIGNA and CVS pharmacies 0 issues on supply and ordering.

baical
12-20-15, 11:44 AM
When you say "if they had it (ADHD)", who really knows if THEY have it considering the diagnosis is based on interviews not some blood test to determine "if they have it". What I'm trying to say is a potent stimulant can help if used correctly for focus reasons, even if "they didn't have it (ADHD)". Who isn't really distracted these days? Who isn't really ADHD these day? It's really just like getting a cup of joe for the coffee drinkers to keep them focused for the day (I'd assume). It's just some people are just more "ADHD than others".

Also, I get mixed info. regarding meth; some people say it is an L and a D which means it's racemic (just like Evekeo) but methylated which makes it "meth". Other info. I get about it was that Desoxyn is just D, methylated (which means it's really just a methylated version of Dexedrine). I'm confused.

I found adderall to be much more tweakish than desoxyn. I really do not see how pharmaceutical doses of desoxyn are really any more dangerous or "wild" than caffeine. Desoxyn doesn't alter my personality or judgment. Ritalin and adderall made my heart pound out of my chest. This is the only thing that doesn't jack up my blood pressure. All it feels like is drinking 2 monster drinks without the peripheral stimulation or anxiety. I will say that for some people that need that extra norepinephrine push or that need more motivation to do things it might not be the best treatment. For a lot of people though with ADHD like myself I'm sure it could help. The short acting nature of the other ADHD meds make them in my opinion a nightmare. I could never get concerta to release steadily or get vyvanse to last more than a 4 hours even. Even then it was too mild and sort of distracting with bits of hyperfocus.

I wrote this mainly to tell anyone that hasn't tried this drug that this is not some demonic street drug that destroys people. Those tweakers who make it in their basement are synthesizing it impurely. It leaves behind acidic residue that they can't get rid of since they do not have high tech chemistry equipment. Those reactants that haven't reacted all the way are what rot their teeth. I have all mine. They also use from what I looked up online toxic chemicals which by themselves cause retardation. I think our society needs to differentiate between this and pharmaceutical methamphetamine. I have zero desire to take more than prescribed of this stuff. And that's funny because with adderall or ritalin anyone would get a buzz off just one more 20mg pill (or whatever their dose was). This does not appear to be like that at all. It's sort of like a finite stimulation level to where more does not do much of anything. Yes the idiots on the street taking 500mg (20x a desoxyn daily dose) twice a day full of impurities from their basement synthesis and god knows what else will probably get high off whatever chemicals are leftover from the synthesis and the L side of the molecule not found in desoxyn.

My point is that at least in pharmaceutical comparisons I could see people getting hooked on or abusing amphetamine or ritalin but I have a hard time seeing people doing this with desoxyn that actually have ADHD. I read in an online forum of tweakers trying to get high off ridiculous amounts of desoxyn and they said they couldn't. I would never attempt to duplicate their experience but it is believable when you consider L-methamphetamine isn't in desoxyn nor are the toxic reactant leftovers. God knows what new reactants they are substituting to try and make that. If regular amphetamine was as easy to make then that would be the stigmatized one.

Anyway just wanted to dispel how ridiculous it is to ridicule a pharmaceutically pure and comparatively small dose to what addicts are illegally taking. And of course I wanted to illustrate how much worse adderall or ritalin in my mind were than this in terms of addiction potential. I never abused either but I could see with their short lives and relative fleeting therapeutic effects let alone escalation of euphoria with dose that those would be what people would most likely become addicted to.

I get zero euphoria with desoxyn. It borderline feels like I did not take anything except when I sit down and have to do something like write this post I am not thinking about the 15 other things I need to do in regards to my last semester of my math major or MCAT prep or whatever. For some desoxyn probably won't provide enough kick but for those of us that don't like to feel like we are on something I think desoxyn might help.

Like I said, I feel like I could even sleep after taking this. It's not even that stimulating. It's hard to imagine something that isn't stimulating but allows you to focus. I hope perhaps this post could help dispel some myths and help others in some way. I'm not a doctor and not giving any medical advice just reiterating my experiences with 10 years of experience trying to find a medication with less side effects or in this case no side effects. While I have never tried a drug other than marijuana in high school that was not prescribed to me (caffeine and alcohol obviously I have), it really is a shame that we will up our prison systems with people hooked on some trashy street version of this who for all we know might prosper if their ADHD was treated (if they had it). I can't really relate to those people but it breaks my heart that we spend so much tax dollar money and ruin people's already ruined lives and further based on the wrong philosophy of helping people. 90% of prisons in the USA are privately owned and they want more guests. I think it's time that those of us with the ability to vouch for the proper use of the D form of this drug with ADHD take a stand and say that this thing is being compared to something completely different. I'll bet you majority of what they are getting high off isn't even the L side of the molecule but the endless random reactants and contaminants laced in.

Considering this is the only desoxyn form I know of that is legitimate, I figured I'd post this here.

While there are a virtually unlimited amount of ways one could genetically wind up with ADHD, research has shown that a significant portion of people with ADHD have dopamine transporters that do not function properly. Ritalin and Amphetamine correct this. Methamphetamine possibly corrects the backwards flowing or inefficient dopamine transporters too scientists have found. I also think about what kind of brain damage long term or at least free radical excess generation a constant flux of drug wearing off or coming on would cause i.e. from ritalin or adderall which half significantly shorter half lives. The timed release forms definitely did not improve my situation.

I found a link of a harvard psychiatrist stating that methamphetamine is indeed more effective a lot of the time and due to its stigma it is not prescribed as often.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/02/22/why-we-need-medical-meth-cocaine.html

A neuroscientist in that article of which you can read more from elsewhere also talks about how participants actually had higher scores in studies after taking pharmaceutical grade methamphetamine (not in extremely high doses people illegally take it in).

At about 600$/100 5mgpills the generic price of this drug has gone up significantly from the 20$ that 100 20mg pills used to cost around 25 years ago. I would think that if enough proper knowledge was spread that perhaps more than one company would decide or get approval to make this generic and prices would go down. My copay is 10$ either way but it disconcerting to see that just one manufacturer is producing this.

5 cents per 5 mg from the pharmacy versus today 6$ per 5 mg from the pharmacy. Know of anything else that is gone up 120x in price in the last 20-25 years?

oreganosis222
01-27-16, 07:04 AM
If I'm correct, two companies make a generic, coastal pharms, since 2010, and roxane, which only started making it a couple months ago. While prices may be going up, if you compare older forums to newer ones, the stigma on desoxyn has changed alot, it's still not enough to make it as accessible as other stimulants, but MOST olders ones are nothing but people saying "METH ISN'T GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT BECOMING A DRUG ABUSER, PRESCRIPTION OR NOT, HUR DUR" while now it's mostly nothing but good reviews of how well it works, and people wanting to try it, or being much more open minded about it. This might be why roxane started producing a generic, and might eventually lower the price again

baical
02-17-16, 06:12 AM
Thanks Roxane, but I'd need to confirm first if in fact this is true. Last I checked only brand Desoxyn exists from Recordati Rare Diseases. I think Coastal Pharms is defunct.

I think inhibition is linked with ADHD, I don't know. I feel as if something is holding me back and I know it's my self. I'm inhibited. I want to get things done but something seems to hinder it, I can't pull the trigger that easy. I think inhibition is a form of deficit in mental function that's linked to ADHD and anxiety as well. Most of the reviews of Desoxyn has mentioned that it should be first line treatment, and it has cured their anxiety and OCD.

in·hi·bi·tion

ˌin(h)iˈbiSH(ə)n/

noun

a feeling that makes one self-conscious and unable to act in a relaxed and natural way.
"the children, at first shy, soon lost their inhibitions"

synonyms: shyness, reticence, self-consciousness, reserve, diffidence; wariness, hesitancy, hesitation, insecurity; timidity; repression, reservation; psychological block; informalhang-up

"they overcame their inhibitions"

PSYCHOLOGY

a voluntary or involuntary restraint on the direct expression of an instinct.
the action of inhibiting, restricting, or hindering a process.

synonyms: hindrance, hampering, discouragement, obstruction, impediment, suppression, repression, restriction, restraint, constraint, cramping, stifling, prevention; curb, check, bar, barrier

"writing without inhibition"

baical
02-20-16, 01:26 AM
Just confirmed with Roxane and they DO NOT have Desoxyn generic.

baical
03-07-16, 05:28 AM
To anyone here who has been on Desoxyn; was it always last line treatment when everything else failed or was there ever a time when Desoxyn was first line treatment?

stanses
06-30-16, 01:47 AM
Around 2013-14 or so I was on Desoxyn; I had to tell my Doctor about it, he had never heard of it. Either way I printed out some info on it and we tried it. I know I was prescribed 4x/day, the tablets were definitely generic brand, and only available in 5 mg's. Regardless the amount was enough, it also worked extremely well, IMO; as well as adderall, better than dexedrine; and with less side effects as either. It was nearly perfect. I actually got WG's to special order it after having to explain to a good pharmacist, (meaning a pharmacist that actually "listened and tried to understand," which is rare) that I had tried everything. This one did listen, It was still 500$ a month. Around a year later I moved and didn't feel like going through all that again. And just went back to adderall / vyvanse.. But the Desoxyn was; It was confusing because it was so hard to get and is never acknowledged yet it has so much efficacy, why is not used more; probably the simple fact that the name on the bottle says "Methamphetamine," still it's better and seems way less harsh than Adderall at least.
Either way I'm not on Desoxyn now just Vyvanse with an Adderall booster and again, adderall's about to drive me up the wall again so I'm back looking for alternatives. It's a shame about Desoxyn, the best way I could describe it is - It
seemed like how being a normal person without ADD/ADHD probably feels.

Hoppylife
09-28-16, 02:01 PM
I have taken Desoxyn before. It was a second line treatment that my Doctor agreed to after never hearing about it before.

I started on the 10 mg dose (2 5mg pills a day) and its effects were apparent but not as good as I thought they could be. I noticed my pupils became the size of olives at this point. After getting prescribed an increase to 20mg a day (4 5mg pills) I started to notice that I had become focused but in a different way then the Adderall instant release. You don't feel overly stimulated or motivated or foggy, just right. You still have enough energy to get through the day without feeling rushed. The effects of it last for a pretty long time too(about 7-8 hours).

When it does wear off I never noticed a crash, just a decrease in focus. Another thing I noticed when it wore off is that I became excessively oversexed. You might as well call it DeSEXyn. It was not pleasant to be that aroused every night but more of a problem. I only took it for about 3 months because of its exacerbating effects on an underlying condition that came out around the 3rd month of use. That condition I later found out to be schizoaffective disorder.

The medication created the essential environment for my underlying and undiagnosed condition to come out; hallucinations and delusions. The Desoxyn was discontinued and I was treated with antipsychotic medication. ADHD symptoms were put on hold. Now I am stablized and being treated with Vyvanse for my ADHD symptoms and I am considering the use of Desoxyn or dextroamphetamine as a booster because the 50 mg dose I am on is wearing off too soon and I anticipate the same problem with the 70mg(highest dose).

But overall, Desoxyn is a great medication even if it can cause problems in untreated disorders or cause psychosis. I think if you are looking for something a little different and better in some regard, in my opinion, then bring it up to your doctor and ask him/her if it can be effective in the treatment of ADHD.

C15H25N3O
09-28-16, 05:05 PM
You don't feel overly stimulated or motivated or foggy, just right.
You still have enough energy to get through the day without feeling rushed.
The effects of it last for a pretty long time too(about 7-8 hours).
When it does wear off I never noticed a crash, just a decrease in focus.

Sounds for me exactly like an ADHD med ( whatever its substance is ) should work. :goodpost:

dolophine
04-06-17, 07:24 PM
There is no reason to demonize Desoxyn more than any other psychostimulant. Methamphetamine taken orally is not that much different than Adderall with it's 4 Amphetamine salt blend. I find Desoxyn made me feel less irritable and "tweaked" out. I think the more options there are the better. Governments will always find ways to single out certain medications and tell their population lies to support the stigma they have created.

Rohypnol was taken off the market due to the fact it was just one of many benzodiazepines used as a "date rape" drug. Rohypnol (Roofies) is simply Flunitrazepam. It's no different than Ativan, and Ativan is just as dissolvable and suitable for "date rape". Governments and society brand certain drugs as problematic and the patient pays for it! In Europe, Rohypnol is still available and sees no more use in date-rape than any other similarly potent sedative hypnotic. It's all hype...

Desoxyn is a great medication for ADHD and especially narcolepsy, and shouldn't be singled out because of the methamphetamine epidemic in the U.S.