View Full Version : Less serious brainteasers

Abi
06-19-15, 05:32 PM
1. Johnny’s mother had three children. The first child was named April. The second child was named May. What was the third child’s name?

2. A clerk at a butcher shop stands five feet ten inches tall and wears size 13 sneakers. What does he weigh?

3. Before Mt. Everest was discovered, what was the highest mountain in the world?

4. How much dirt is there in a hole that measures two feet by three feet by four feet?

5. What word in the English language is always spelled incorrectly?

6. Billie was born on December 28th, yet her birthday always falls in the summer. How is this possible?

7. In British Columbia you cannot take a picture of a man with a wooden leg. Why not?

8. If you were running a race and you passed the person in 2nd place, what place would you be in now?

9. Which is correct to say, “The yolk of the egg is white” or “The yolk of the egg are white?”

10. A farmer has five haystacks in one field and four haystacks in another. How many haystacks would he have if he combined them all in one field?

midnightstar
06-19-15, 05:41 PM
1. Johnny’s mother had three children. The first child was named April. The second child was named May. What was the third child’s name?

2. A clerk at a butcher shop stands five feet ten inches tall and wears size 13 sneakers. What does he weigh?

3. Before Mt. Everest was discovered, what was the highest mountain in the world?

4. How much dirt is there in a hole that measures two feet by three feet by four feet?

6. Billie was born on December 28th, yet her birthday always falls in the summer. How is this possible?

7. In British Columbia you cannot take a picture of a man with a wooden leg. Why not?

8. If you were running a race and you passed the person in 2nd place, what place would you be in now?

9. Which is correct to say, “The yolk of the egg is white” or “The yolk of the egg are white?”

10. A farmer has five haystacks in one field and four haystacks in another. How many haystacks would he have if he combined them all in one field?

1) June
2) No idea :P
3) No idea :lol:
4) Pass
5) Supercalifragalisticexpalidocious :P
6) No idea :lol:
7) Because he'll take his wooden leg off and throw it at the camera? :lol:
8) Second :P (I've seen that one before)
9) Neither - the yolk is yellow :)
10) Either 9 or a very big mess :lol:

Abi
06-19-15, 05:43 PM
2/10

Xx

Fuzzy12
06-19-15, 05:49 PM
1. Johnny :lol:

2. Not enough info :scratch:

3. Mt Everest.

4. Not enough info :scratch:

4a. Alternatively, the hole would collapse if it's bounded in all three dimensions?? :scratch:

5. Incorrectly :rolleyes:

6. Billie is Australian.

7. There are no men in British Columbia?? :eek:

8. Second place.

9. Yolk is yellow. :rolleyes:

10. 9 :scratch:

Greyhound1
06-19-15, 05:49 PM
Possibly June or any other name.

He weighs meat

It was still Mt. Everest they just didn't know it

None, it's a hole

Incorrectly

Born in S. Hemisphere? or born a month premature in the N. Hemisphere

They don't use wood anymore from prosthetic legs

First

Neither, yolks are yellow

One big azz pile

Abi
06-19-15, 05:54 PM
Fuzzy 6/10

Abi
06-19-15, 05:56 PM
Hound 8.5/10. Nice :)

(I give you .5 for one wrong answer cos the correct answer is a bit stupid)

dvdnvwls
06-19-15, 06:07 PM
7. It will work better to use a camera.

10. One.

Abi
06-19-15, 06:27 PM
DVD... care to answer all?

Lunacie
06-19-15, 06:59 PM

Johnny

He weighs meat

Mt. Everest

None, the dirt is outside the hole now

incorrectly

She lives in the southern hemisphere

Wooden legs don't take photos, cameras do

You'd be in 1st place / you'd be in the lead

Neither, the yolk is yellow

One haystack

Abi
06-19-15, 07:45 PM
Luna: 9/10. Nice :)

psychopathetic
06-19-15, 10:31 PM

1. Johnny

2. Meat

3. Mt. Everest

4. None

5. Incorrectly

6. No clue >.<*

7. A www! Dang it! I started so strongly too! No clue again!

8. Last?

9. The yolk of the egg is white.
I think the correct way to say the other example is "The yolks of the egg are white."

10. Don't know :( 9? But I know that's not right cause it's way too obvious.

psychopathetic
06-19-15, 10:34 PM
Haha I just read everyone's answers. That egg question really CRACKS me up!! It really SCRAMBLED my brains!! :giggle: :giggle:

Greyhound1
06-20-15, 12:27 AM
Hound 8.5/10. Nice :)

(I give you .5 for one wrong answer cos the correct answer is a bit stupid)

You got me on Johnny I know for sure but the other .5 answer must be what Luna said wooden legs don't take pictures??

Abi
06-20-15, 12:27 AM
Psycho 5/10 :)

Greyhound1
06-20-15, 12:31 AM
Pretty cool Abi, where do you get these teasers?

Abi
06-20-15, 12:32 AM
Google :)

Baal Moom
06-20-15, 01:07 AM

Whatever she called it. EDIT: Need to pay more attention. Still actually correct.

Meat.

Everest. EDIT: Depends on the period, though. Different mountains when the dinosaurs were around.

Could still be dirt on the edges. Depends on the hole. EDIT: Like if it's a hole cut in a desk which was then dumped somewhere seven years ago and now has a finger thick layer of dirt on it.

Get out with this bulls***t. None. EDIT: Because spelling is a convention. My answer is still correct, even if it isn't the one advertised.

She's a being from the fourth dimension: Australia.

Wooden legs aren't cameras. EDIT: Unless you have a camera embedded in a wooden leg.

Second.

Your egg might have gone bad.

One.

Abi
06-20-15, 01:37 AM
Baal 6

Abi
06-20-15, 01:37 AM
Hound sorry 7.5 not 8.5

Greyhound1
06-20-15, 01:44 AM
I know, I missed number #8 the answer would be second place.

I guess the answer they don't make prostetic legs out of wood is correct then.

Abi
06-20-15, 01:53 AM
Yeah. It's a bit silly.

Abi
06-20-15, 01:54 AM
I got that one wrong as well. As well as the spelled incorrectly one. So 8.5 was my score.

Luna wins another.

Luna, have you ever had your IQ tested?

Lunacie
06-20-15, 09:56 AM
Aw crap, I see it now. You'd be in 2nd place now because you overtook the
person who was in 2nd place. You'd have to overtake the person in 1st place
to be in 1st place. :doh:

I'm sure we did an IQ test in high school, just informally. Hard to remember
that far back, but when I took an online test and got 135 it sounded very
familiar to me. So, somewhere in that range I guess.

Of course, the trick is being able to use that intelligence wisely. :umm1:

And of course, if this had been a math test instead of a logic test I'd have failed.

Abi
06-20-15, 10:02 AM
You're very, very smart. Especially considering (to my knowledge) you haven't had a tertiary education.

Good stuff Luna . :grouphug:

Lunacie
06-20-15, 10:32 AM
You're very, very smart. Especially considering (to my knowledge) you haven't had a tertiary education.

Good stuff Luna . :grouphug:

:o

Yup, just a high school diploma. But all though school my teachers kept
telling my mom at parent/teacher conferences that my knowledge was
well-rounded. Which just means I enjoy reading a lot of different stuff. :D

If you give me time to figure things out I do much better than when I'm
put on the spot and my brain freezes up instantly. Sounds ADHD, eh?

Abi
06-20-15, 10:40 AM
I've had too much to drink.

BellaVita
06-20-15, 10:42 AM

:grouphug:

take a rest?

Abi
06-20-15, 10:51 AM
Food

Xx

Baal Moom
06-20-15, 01:09 PM
Baal 6

Which were wrong?

Lunacie
06-20-15, 01:27 PM

When you give ME a compliment, then yeah, you've had too much to drink. :giggle:

Lunacie
06-20-15, 01:33 PM
Hey Abi! Here's one for you (or anyone who can answer it).

Question:

A man went into a party and drank some of the punch. He then left early.
Everyone at the party who drunk the punch subsequently died of poisoning.
Why did the man not die?

midnightstar
06-20-15, 05:41 PM
Hey Abi! Here's one for you (or anyone who can answer it).

Question:

A man went into a party and drank some of the punch. He then left early.
Everyone at the party who drunk the punch subsequently died of poisoning.
Why did the man not die?

Because it was poisoned after he left the party?

Because he didn't drink ALL the punch?

*is the least logicest person here* :p

Lunacie
06-20-15, 06:13 PM
Sorry midnightstar, that's not the answer. Try again?

midnightstar
06-20-15, 06:18 PM
Because he was the one who poisoned the punch? :o

Lunacie
06-20-15, 10:16 PM
Because he was the one who poisoned the punch? :o

That would have worked, but it's not the answer I am looking for.

Abi
06-21-15, 07:17 AM
The food was poisoned, not the punch?

Fuzzy12
06-21-15, 10:03 AM
The man threw up at home?

Fuzzy12
06-21-15, 10:05 AM
The poison was in the ice cubes and had to dissolve slowly to release their poison and the man drank it before the ice cubes had melted?

Or the poison was in the glasses but not in the glass that the man drank from?

Or the man was immune to that poison somehow?

Abi
06-21-15, 10:05 AM
Fuzzy that's a nice one!

Abi
06-21-15, 10:07 AM
Fuzzy now solve luna's jalopy.

Fuzzy12
06-21-15, 10:10 AM
Fuzzy now solve luna's jalopy.

No, there's too much computation involved. I did consider trying to solve it but My brain hurt just reading it.

Abi
06-21-15, 10:14 AM
Computer Science PhD complaining about too much computation.

What has the world come to?

Fuzzy12
06-21-15, 10:48 AM
Computer Science PhD complaining about too much computation.

What has the world come to?

Can I write a script to do it?:D

Abi
06-21-15, 10:50 AM
:lol: go for it

BellaVita
06-21-15, 10:53 AM
They died of poisoning from something else, not punch?

He left early because he got sick and went straight to the hospital and they were able to save him?

He had a certain genetic mutation that allowed him to not die from the poisoning?

He went to a different party?

Lunacie
06-21-15, 11:00 AM
The poison was in the ice cubes and had to dissolve slowly to release their poison and the man drank it before the ice cubes had melted?

Or the poison was in the glasses but not in the glass that the man drank from?

Or the man was immune to that poison somehow?

We have a Winner!

What a dastardly plot that was.

Abi
06-21-15, 11:02 AM
Nice Fuzz.

midnightstar
06-21-15, 11:40 AM
How about this one I borrowed off google? :lol:

What occurs once in every minute, twice in every moment, yet never in a thousand years?

(it's the only one I found on google that I actually understand what they're on about) :lol:

BellaVita
06-21-15, 11:42 AM
The letter m?

midnightstar
06-21-15, 11:43 AM
The letter m?

Correct Bella :grouphug:

(think you can tell I'm not good with logic puzzles, considering that's the only one off google that I actually understood :o)

Abi
06-22-15, 06:40 PM
Make four 9s equal 100.

Skyf@ll
06-22-15, 06:54 PM
99.99 + 0.01?

Abi
06-22-15, 07:00 PM
Four 9s, and no other numbers. You may use whatever operators you please.

Skyf@ll
06-22-15, 07:05 PM
Dived 9 by 9=1
+
99?

Abi
06-22-15, 07:09 PM
Well done.

Skyf@ll
06-22-15, 07:12 PM
Woohoo!

This is more my type of game.

Any teaser with a story to it and the imagination takes front seat lol

Abi
06-22-15, 07:22 PM
Make 1000 out of eight 8s using only addition.

Skyf@ll
06-22-15, 07:48 PM
888+88+8+8+8

Eventually used a calculator for that one....too many 8's floating in my brain.

Abi
06-22-15, 07:57 PM
Good.