View Full Version : What wormhole is in my computer?

midnightstar
06-21-15, 03:25 PM
Why is it obsessed with closing the internet browser when I'm on ADDF? I've made no changes to anything but over the past couple of days it's obsessed with closing the internet when I have ADDF and/or emails running :(

Abi
06-21-15, 03:32 PM
Virus.

Download AVG it's free.

dvdnvwls
06-21-15, 03:34 PM
Any other tabs open? Maybe something weird in one of them?

BellaVita
06-21-15, 03:40 PM
Weird, my iPhone keeps closing the page when I'm on ADDF.

midnightstar
06-21-15, 03:44 PM
I've not got any viruses (the computer man installed one of the antivirus things he uses about 3 months back and that one stops it from doing anything nasty), I keep getting a twirly whirly thing coming up when the computer isn't even doing anything :confused:

midnightstar
06-21-15, 03:45 PM
Any other tabs open? Maybe something weird in one of them?

Nope only ever does it when I've got ADDF open, I can have any other site open and it behaves fine :confused:

Abi
06-21-15, 03:46 PM
IE sucks.

Get Chrome .

midnightstar
06-21-15, 03:50 PM
IE sucks.

Get Chrome .

Chrome is the one I use, I haven't used IE for years (and firefox is broken)

dvdnvwls
06-21-15, 05:05 PM
When did your virus checker last get an update to its virus database or whatever?

midnightstar
06-21-15, 05:08 PM
When did your virus checker last get an update to its virus database or whatever?

Last week it got itself updated (automatically)

dvdnvwls
06-21-15, 05:17 PM
Good that it's on automatic update.

midnightstar
06-21-15, 05:18 PM
idk if there's something on ADDF that makes it think it's a lot busier than it actually is or what

dvdnvwls
06-21-15, 06:00 PM
idk if there's something on ADDF that makes it think it's a lot busier than it actually is or what

If it was that, you would not get any ADDF page at all, only an error message in its place.

midnightstar
06-22-15, 05:59 AM
Weird ............... so far today it's been behaving itself ............... *touch wood that it'll continue to behave*

Mercurial
07-09-16, 08:02 AM
To midnightstar,
If it is just one site, not an AV issue. When on the site hit ctrl+alt+del and check your CPU usage.
I will bet it is at 100%
You are being redirected to a bogus site. Try "Hijack this" and submit your results.
You can get Trend-Micro-HijackThis for free at CNET . com.

Restore to a previous point before this happened. If you are using a bookmark to link to the site try opening the site by manually typing the addy.
OR
Download Opera, create a restore point B4 and try that.
Firefox has had many issues, such a shame it used to be great.
Chrome and IE are both trident based engines, therefore share similar issues.

Go to oldapps.com and DL and older version of Opera that uses the Presto engine.

So many possibilities, but hey, just make such sure you create a restore point B4 any operation.

Hope it works out,
Merc

_Rift_
07-09-16, 11:20 AM
If you want some great antivirus software you can go get malwarebytes. I don't condone it but if it comes to your personal safety and you cant afford a legit copy beyond the free version you can always find a copy via torrenting just make sure you research where to find a safe copy or you can msg me I have no problems passing on such info in an emergency. Avg is free but also borderline ****(no offense just my experience) when compared to other free or inexpensive software. also if you don't have it get adblock (I don't know how much PC knowledge you have so im just throwing ideas).

I don't know if antivirus is the issue but if you don't have sufficient software that could be your issue. hope this helps.