06-22-15, 04:46 PM
Not sure why.

Took all my benzos and stuff.

Nothing stressful going on.

:(

midnightstar
06-22-15, 04:53 PM
Aww FAbiulous, hope you feel less edgy soon :grouphug:

I've got a booklet thing that if I can find a copy online I can send you the link to it if you think it'll help? :grouphug:

Abi
06-22-15, 04:55 PM
Thanks star it's ok. :grouphug:

Fuzzy12
06-22-15, 05:00 PM
Same here though I kinda know why. Doesn't help though.

Anyway, sometimes my brain just goes crazy and spits out random anxiety for no reason at all. I hate that. Actuly I hate all kinda anxiety. It's just so unpleasant. Sometimes the best I can do is to try and sleep it off..if you can sleep.

Sorry, I'm blabbering. Huge hugs abi. Hope you feel better soon. :grouphug:

Unmanagable
06-22-15, 05:02 PM
Sorry you're feeling crappy, abs. What have you been eating and drinking? It still sounds crazy to many, but that stuff really does f*** with us, or I should rather say that I've experienced the effects personally and have since discovered the validity of my thoughts and intuition.

Lunacie
06-22-15, 05:07 PM
I like to think that if I knew what was making me antsy or edgy, I could deal
with it better. But I may be fooling myself. I usually don't know anyway.

:grouphug: to all my edgy, ansty, anxious friends.

Abi
06-22-15, 05:18 PM
UNS.

I had bread, chicken and barley soup, chicken pies, a steak and cheese sandwich, a small slice of choc cake.

I've had coke zero, tea and coffee to drink today.

Over the weekend I had tons of vodka and whiskey. Maybe withdrawal?

midnightstar
06-22-15, 05:22 PM
UNS.

I had bread, chicken and barley soup, chicken pies, a steak and cheese sandwich, a small slice of choc cake.

Maybe FAbiulous :grouphug:

GeordieDave
06-22-15, 05:37 PM
Do you meditate at all?

It took me a while to get the hang of it, but when I'm stressed, on over drive, feeling anxious or feeling edgy. I do about 20 minutes of meditation, focus on my breathing from time to time and it relaxes me.

Unmanagable
06-22-15, 05:55 PM
UNS.

The bread, meat (remember you also eat whatever what you eat has been eating), dairy, sugars, and alcohol have all proven to negatively affect my quality of life. Eliminating them has done wonders for my daily outlook and functioning ability.

I'm not setting the world on fire, by far, but I feel more at ease, and that's priceless. I still have an occasional cup of decaf with a splash of irish cream for my coffee fix, but I've noticed a slight headache with that now, too.

Our innards are so incredibly gunked up and corroded that we aren't always immediately sensitive to the various issues it all causes, but it's still happening. Now that my system is getting cleaner, my sensitivities to it all are more recognizable and easier to navigate.

TygerSan
06-22-15, 08:17 PM
I am not a big drinker, but I always find I feel crappiest a day or two after a night of heavy drinking. Alcohol messes with sleep, and sleep deprivation has a similar effect on me.

I get heart palpitations and my anxiety spikes.

TheChemicals
06-22-15, 09:58 PM
hope you feel better Abi.sometimes the mind does not want to cooperate no matter what you do.

Greyhound1
06-22-15, 10:18 PM
Abi,
You may be edgy because nothing too stressful is going on right now. I know for me, I get anxious and edgy on the weekends during my least stressful days of the week.

I think for me the stress from works keeps my mind busy during the week. On the weekends, I have too much time to think and contemplate my life and issues. This can easily lead to me being edgy, angry, irritable or feeling sorry for myself.

Perhaps stress is a stimulus for us and causes edginess when we don't wean off it. Thinking too much is normally the cause of my anxiety, frustrations and edginess.

willow129
06-22-15, 10:37 PM
I had a ton of edginess during my gig tonight too! Haven't felt that panicky in a while. Definitely came and went though and I feel totally fine now. I was wondering if it was related to my meds or something. I thought it was strange because today was my last day of school so, it's vacation for me now!! So panic seems a little random. But, that particular type of music, it's a little more sedate than other genres I do so I thought maybe that, mixed with the end of defined responsibilities at work, kind of like Greyhound was describing - sort of left me feeling a little suddenly under-stimulated somehow?

Or maybe it's the phase of the moon ;)

Greyhound1
06-22-15, 11:45 PM
Abi,
You may be edgy because nothing too stressful is going on right now. I know for me, I get anxious and edgy on the weekends during my least stressful days of the week.

I think for me the stress from works keeps my mind busy during the week. On the weekends, I have too much time to think and contemplate my life and issues. This can easily lead to me being edgy, angry, irritable or feeling sorry for myself.

Perhaps stress is a stimulus for us and causes edginess when we don't wean off it. Thinking too much is normally the cause of my anxiety, frustrations and edginess.

The OP in this thread sounds very similar to what I am describing that happens to me on many weekends. I can go from edgy to paralyzed my thoughts and able to do nothing and medication is relatively in effective during these periods.
http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170541

BellaVita
06-22-15, 11:47 PM
Don't you usually get edgy before some form of hypomania?

Abi
06-23-15, 06:11 AM
Yes Bella, you're right.

Cotter67
06-23-15, 10:40 AM
I get anxious thinking about and being in social situations, anxiety is a *******, its controlling my life.its very difficult to function and think straight whilst interacting with others because I feel that way.

Cotter67
06-23-15, 10:42 AM
UNS.

alchohol creates anxiety but you probably no that anyway. when your on the drink it helps though ha.

Abi
07-02-15, 08:15 AM
Happening again. Definitely binge drinking withdrawal.