View Full Version : took 20mg dexamfetamine today

Cotter67
06-23-15, 12:00 PM
supposed to either 5mgx3 or 10mg then 5mg, but I wanted to see how a higher dose would make me feel and I have to say I feel better and less anxious, I know you shouldn't go ever the dose prescribed but I feel better with this higher dose, what should I do?

Fuzzy12
06-23-15, 12:11 PM
Do you mean you took 20mg all at once (in one dose)???

Be careful. Prescribed or not you don't want to suddenly take a much higher dose because you don't know how your body will react to it.

Talk to your psychiatrist and tell them that you aren't getting enough symptom control on your current dose and if increasing the dose is a possibility.

Cotter67
06-23-15, 12:12 PM
Do you mean you took 20mg all at once (in one dose)???

Be careful. Prescribed or not you don't want to suddenly take a much higher dose because you don't know how your body will react to it.

Talk to your psychiatrist and tell them that you aren't getting enough symptom control on your current dose and if increasing the dose is a possibility.

no 10mg twice 3 hours apart, yeh going to talk to my doctor

sarahsweets
06-24-15, 06:56 AM
Even taking 5mg more is danger territory because you have taken the medication management part out of the doctor's hands and into your own. You should discuss an increase with the doctor.

someothertime
06-24-15, 09:01 AM
Moderator Note:

I've closed the thread as discussions regarding misuse are contrary to ADDF guidelines (http://addforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=75). I will leave as is, as per member response, prescribers should be consulted re: dosage alteration.

Past contexts, pending nature, are often ok.
Active dosing outside of prescription is out of bounds outside of Addiction and Misuse or in any promotional nature, as there is substantial risk to member health.

Please Do NOT do the following & Things Just Not Allowed (http://addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15842)

No posts on O.D.s, illegal or improper use of Meds

NO posts involving improper use of Medication are allowed

In an effort to protect all who use these forums, no posts will be allowed that encourage or support the illegal or improper use of medication of any kind.

We at ADDFORUMS aren't trained to handle a crisis, we can't track down a person in need of assistance and we can't summon help.

We have a Private Forum dealing with Substance Abuse and Addictions.

Peace.