View Full Version : Other side effects of Ritalin

LetoII
07-05-15, 03:55 PM
This is my first post here and I've been a bit apprehensive about posting it because, well, it's kind of embarrassing.

Does anyone get uncontrollable sweating as a result, primarily in their lower regions. My butt tends to get extremely sweaty, to the point where my underwear are almost soaked. I've always ran a little warmer than others but I'm so self-conscious of a big sweat stain on my butt when I get up that I've started carrying an extra pair of underwear, as well as favoring under-armor.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is this also a side-effect of adderal? I'm switching soon as I feel the ritalin is not having the impact anymore as it should, and I'm already pushing 60 mg/day over the course of the day.
---------------
EDIT:
Sorry if this has been discussed before. If so, please direct me to that posting. Thanks!

dvdnvwls
07-05-15, 05:33 PM
It doesn't happen to absolutely everyone, but yes it does happen. It happens with Adderall too, so don't get your hopes up.

It has been posted about, but that's OK, don't... ummm... worry.

(I was going to say don't sweat it. :) )

Jenn1202
07-07-15, 02:00 AM
High doses of Concerta (54 mg?) used to make me sweat much more than usual (and I hardly ever sweat!). But I don't think it ever happened on Ritalin or Ritalin LA and I was on a total of 50-60 mg per day.

LetoII
07-08-15, 07:44 AM
Thanks for the feedback.

And @Dvdnvwls, you made me laugh.

LetoII
07-11-15, 01:56 PM
Well, I started the adderall a few days ago, and while I don't want to do victory laps yet, I'm finding my issue with sweating has significantly decreased. I still get clammy and things feel a little damp, but it's nothing that makes me constantly check my butt out (I actually have a nice one so it's not that bad :-P) to make sure I don't have any sweat marks when I get up.

Thanks again for your feed back!

LetoII
07-14-15, 09:58 AM
Interestingly, now almost a week since switching, the sweat issue seems to have gone away almost in its entirety.