View Full Version : Not Feeling Anything on 27mg

silverblack
07-09-15, 10:02 PM
I've been on concerta 27mg for 3 days now and I don't feel anything... my ADD symptoms are still the same and it's like I've never had anything, can't feel when the first 22% is supposed to be released nor the end of the drug.
Is it because the dose is too low? My psychiatrist started me on 27mg which he said was low for an adult so I'm hoping it's just a low dose. I guess I'm just a little disappointed, was hoping my first exprience with it would be better.

sarahsweets
07-10-15, 02:33 AM
it could be a dose related issue but Im not sure what the 22% you mentioned means.

silverblack
07-10-15, 05:32 AM
Oh maybe I'm wrong I thought I read somewhere the first 22% of the pill is released when you ingest it and then the remainder is slowly released over time. Well I'm seeing the psychiatrist next Wed so hopefully he will ok a higher dose, just wanted to know if anyone else had no effects on the 27mg

Skydiver
07-19-15, 08:40 PM
Oh maybe I'm wrong I thought I read somewhere the first 22% of the pill is released when you ingest it and then the remainder is slowly released over time. Well I'm seeing the psychiatrist next Wed so hopefully he will ok a higher dose, just wanted to know if anyone else had no effects on the 27mg

Yes you're right, 22% of the pill is instant release Ritalin.

Doctors like to start you off on a low dose and titrate you up until you find a dose that has the best therapeutic benefit.

Concerta had no effect on me at 54mg. The only thing it would do was make me feel overwelmingly tired when it 'wore off' so I was switched to Metadate/Equasym which has a shorter release time of about 6-8 hours. It still doesn't seem to be working but these things take time I guess. I was really disappointed as well. It was such a relief to get diagnosed, I thought finally my brain would be able to function like a normal person's :p. I didn't realise it would be such a long road to finding a medication that works for me. I'm sure we'll get there in the end though! Let me know how it goes :)

dvdnvwls
07-19-15, 09:19 PM
Your psychiatrist is doing things the right way. Make notes of what's happening (or in this case not happening), and go back.

sarahsweets
07-20-15, 05:27 AM
Another thing to mention, is that feeling meds isnt indicative of whether they work or not. The key is getting to a point where your symptoms are more controlled, at least more then they were pre-meds.

Powderbucket
07-21-15, 06:19 AM
Sounds like the psychiatrist is running through the motions of seeing how you react to the medicine. Imagine being given 54mg and you absolutely HATE it and have to stick it out for the next 8 hours.

My doc put me on 36mg and said it was not a normal dose... Apparently 54mg is the standard adult dose, but 36mg works well for me so no point in changing.