View Full Version : Zenzedi in anything but 5 or 10mg-A MYTH?

j_dubs
07-17-15, 11:22 PM
Okay you guys, has anyone out on this forum actually gotten ahold of any of these Zenzedi pills? And I mean got something OTHER than the 5mg or 10mg "MIA" Wilshire generics being thrown as (YOU GUESSED IT - ZENZEDI) There's no mg other than 5 or 10 but a poor excuse at a money scheme, I'm afraid. Unless I'm really losing my mind. But I read a post about it on here I think.

The local pharmacy the county over could not get it (Which the old guy pharmacist at Riteaid who's been doing it forever tipped me to saying they had the most selection in the area and they were saying they had tried to order and could not get any) neither CVS nor Walgreens nor Rite Aid.

Now, what exactly the heck is going on, some more amphetamine conspiracies more complex than the very drug we are taking? Lol.

I'm going to take this one to the top. I probably won't get past the first step, but this will upset my PDOC and their practice has been burned by insurance so many times, he WILL get to the bottom of it. And I'm glad I had an extra visit before my insurance ends, which was the whole point of trying to switch to Zenzedi, plus their coupons.

Tell me, I'm losing my mind or did I just catch someone in a big lie? Submitted to FDA already. http://www.hipaaspace.com/Medical_Billing/Coding/National.Drug.Codes/24338-856-10 edit to add last link, maybe I can get it?

Greyhound1
07-17-15, 11:34 PM
Something sounds fishy.

http://zenzedi.com
Every ADHD Patient’s Needs Are Different
The FIRST and ONLY
2.5 mg, 7.5 mg, 15 mg, 20 mg, and 30 mg
immediate-release dextroamphetamine tablets available

j_dubs
07-17-15, 11:59 PM
Something sounds fishy especially since it doesn't come in 5 or 10mg.

http://www.drugs.com/imprints.php?action=search&drugname=zenzedi Well these are the only two photos I could find and I think you are right, they are saying they aren't making it in 5 or 10 but when someone gets a script to zenzedi for 5 or 10 mg they'd get the same product or the runaround until they change to one of the following that someone actually carries. And I believe there may be a transition - I don't think the Rite Aid guy could get their normal 5mg or 10mg Wilshire generics I was getting , only place that carried them in town other than Millincrodt which is by far my favorite but I was looking into this soley for price per pill/insurance reasons.

Something is up, because maybe they were trying to play this off someone and offer a reasonable co pay for a legit Name Brand drug that people will flock to, then bring out the big guns when no one does research into seeing that there is no Zenzedi at all, just re-branded generics with code #'s reserving their patent right. Just look - Arbor makes the name brand (just red tape to cover their butts manufacturing wise) and Wilshire makes the "generic" of Zenzedi (This only started recently, before everyone said Dextrostat, now chains that carry a lot of Wilshire product will say that but they never got ANY Zenzedi but only the Generic's MIA 10 and a label saying it was a generic of this brand name now, but he was kind enough to tell me what I already knew!) http://i.imgur.com/2dISz3K.jpg

Greyhound1
07-18-15, 12:20 AM
I am sorry, I was mistaken. They do make it in 5 and 10mg as well as the others mentioned.

j_dubs
07-18-15, 12:29 AM
I am sorry, I was mistaken. They do make it in 5 and 10mg as well as the others mentioned.

All good, as per the website's contradictory info, they DON'T make them but still list them on the header of their site under the large ZENZEDI logo.

Someone has written in much greater detail what I guess I am finding out on the fly about....But my suspicions where people here saying things about getting Zenzedi but I did not recall in any dose other than 5 or 10 mg. My doctor could not find it listed and said they only had 5 or 10mg but wrote it anyway I get the feeling - but he went to the Zenzedi site on the fly on his phone I believe as well and still wrote it.

I don't really care what happens as long as I can find someone who carries my purple 20mg Zenzedi :)

Greyhound1
07-18-15, 01:11 PM
j dubs,
I have never tried Zenzedi. I am curious how it compares to Malinkrodt dextroamphetamine.

Is there that much of a difference in your opinion?

dag nab it
07-18-15, 05:28 PM
The odd dosages of Zenzedi are priced MUCH MUCH higher than the typical 5's and 10's for which there are generic alternatives. Per Good Rx, 60 tabs of 10 mg Zenzedi costs around $90-100 dollars. But the 7.5 mg tablets, 60 count, costs $330-350. You pay TRIPLE for less medication. I'd use a pill cutter to get the right dose. Anyway, you may find you need one dose in the a.m. but a smaller dose in the p.m., so cutting tablets might be the way to go.

j_dubs
07-18-15, 05:47 PM
j dubs,
I have never tried Zenzedi. I am curious how it compares to Malinkrodt dextroamphetamine.

Is there that much of a difference in your opinion?

Feels like it has a slight bit of L-amp. Someone on the forum stated this, invitrocannibal I believe? I agree with him on that. Mallinckrodt is clean and the best on the market at the moment in my opinon. It's just the dosage I'm on works for me, but I could go down to 20 or 30mg a day. Yet again Zenzedi would just make this easier. The fillers in them (the generics rather) seem to be somewhat anti-abuse and sometimes can react kind of bad, and I really feel some body effects with it.

j_dubs
07-18-15, 05:50 PM
The odd dosages of Zenzedi are priced MUCH MUCH higher than the typical 5's and 10's for which there are generic alternatives. Per Good Rx, 60 tabs of 10 mg Zenzedi costs around $90-100 dollars. But the 7.5 mg tablets, 60 count, costs $330-350. You pay TRIPLE for less medication. I'd use a pill cutter to get the right dose. Anyway, you may find you need one dose in the a.m. but a smaller dose in the p.m., so cutting tablets might be the way to go.

Have you got them before? I just am afraid they have not even been manufactured yet. I will have to just bring some NDC numbers and I already forsee a bunch of exuses etc not being able to get it.

I know they are expensive but have you seen their coupons on the site?

dag nab it
07-18-15, 09:55 PM
Have you got them before? I just am afraid they have not even been manufactured yet. I will have to just bring some NDC numbers and I already forsee a bunch of exuses etc not being able to get it.

I know they are expensive but have you seen their coupons on the site?
I had 10's that were made by Wilshire that supposedly makes the Zenzedi, but they would not work right for me so I switched to a different pharmacy that had a different generic (Mallinckrodt).

I could not use the coupon because it was valid only for scripts paid through insurance. (It seems now they have a different policy.)

As for whether you can get it :eyebrow:, I have no idea. :lol: First, you'd have to make sure that the pharmacy uses a wholesaler who sells the brand. I filled the Wilshire/Zenzedi from Target, but that was 18 months (???) or so ago.

If your problem is that you need a higher dose, you might be wasting medication by eating at the same time you take it, or eating the wrong things. Alternatively, you could try spansules that aren't as sensitive to diet. They come in a 15 mg strength.

ADXP
07-20-15, 04:21 AM
Please correct me if I am wrong. The links to This is not so clear. Under the header of the active ingredients there are 4 listed. Dextroamphetamine saccharate, Amphetamine aspartate,Dextroamphetamine sulfate, & amphetamine sulfate. How much of each in each pill content is unclear.

I am sill on generic Teva Barr Dextroamphetamine but lately is cAUSING ME tremendous side effects. sudden drop of energy, dry throat, & availability is a *****.

j_dubs
07-20-15, 12:42 PM
Please correct me if I am wrong. The links to This is not so clear. Under the header of the active ingredients there are 4 listed. Dextroamphetamine saccharate, Amphetamine aspartate,Dextroamphetamine sulfate, & amphetamine sulfate. How much of each in each pill content is unclear.

I am sill on generic Teva Barr Dextroamphetamine but lately is cAUSING ME tremendous side effects. sudden drop of energy, dry throat, & availability is a *****.

The links were all to Zenzedi - dextroamphetamine sulfate.

Get on Wilshire (MIA 10, should be in the drugs.com I linked) or the Mallinckrodt, for serious! It's a much more stable experience IMO and many others apparently. Dry mouth is something I experience from being a tobacco user, it's just common to amphetamines I think, and I have heard some places are only able to get in Mallinckrodt instead of the Wilshire's lately (Basically anyone but CVS carries Mallinckrodt or Wilshire around here) I have been able to get my 120 amount filled at anywhere BUT CVS basically.

I'm actually going to drop my Zenzedi script off, it shows up on their site and he said they've never tried to order it and he has no clue if it has ever been on the market. Just as I suspected - I may be the first to even file a prescription for this, ha! I will keep everyone posted as this dosage range should be a great success with some sort of plan like they have set up (which could have been a pre-release type deal i guess?)

j_dubs
07-24-15, 09:22 AM
Well, I dropped my script off to the actual pharmacist with my Animal House t-shirt he seemed to like, and he said he'd give it over to his narcotics distributor. So we'll see. I hope if they say we're sorry this is just an NDC number right now, but here's some free coupons etc etc I'd sure love that. It was written substitutions but there are non hah. I'll keep everyone posted.

Sickle
07-24-15, 03:37 PM
I went to Costco for the 15 mg ones and they are ordering them and have my script. He said there were a couple bottles. But he said they won't know until Wednesday. Wilshire seems to be hard to find too. The 20 mg and 30 mg were the same deal. He said only a backup supplier had a couple bottles. Every other pharmacy can't order any Zenzedi or Wilshire at this point.

j_dubs
07-25-15, 07:29 PM
I went to Costco for the 15 mg ones and they are ordering them and have my script. He said there were a couple bottles. But he said they won't know until Wednesday. Wilshire seems to be hard to find too. The 20 mg and 30 mg were the same deal. He said only a backup supplier had a couple bottles. Every other pharmacy can't order any Zenzedi or Wilshire at this point.

So I guess my paranoia fueled rants about pharmaceutical company schemes and empty NDC numbers, I gotta say I have good news and bad news for everyone here at the forum.

Good news first? Well, the good news is there's NO bad news! :goodpost::lol::eek:

http://i.imgur.com/3HecbS4.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/UK792PM.jpg

I present to you, Purple Zenzedi! Shame on me for being a doubter :doh: because guess what - the prescription (360$ w/no insurance) I ran the savings benefit voucher for and went and showed it to their narcotics expert/ordering extraordinaire. I told him to run it w/out insurance as mine is ending on the 1st, which is the reason why I was going after this. He looked doubtful but entering the card twice, he said "Well....That'll be 25$!" I was like WUT???? I was afraid I'd get it ordered in and it would be too expensive!

Man, these are clean - smaller than any other IR Dex I've had, and seem to be of a higher quality and less filler-drug-etc ratio. I highly urge EVERYONE to ask your pharmacy to order it - I used CVS - HOWEVER, I talked to the head pharmacist and then the narcotics/scheduled medicine guy to fill it.

My buddy up there who is about my age I talk to asked if I was gonna continue taking it and I said yes,(:yes:) and he said he'd keep it in stock.

I seriously am not joking right now - but this is great news for all those who are paying too much for amphetamines. And I think I take back that the 5 and 10's are the same - they may be, but they may phase out of the brand name - anyhow, these are definitely reformulated and I feel already less side effects because of the inactives - this is better than Mallinckrodt even. I don't say this because it's a higher dose, but for the inactive ingredients.

Just remember - and this is only my theory - no one really knows about this yet and most people only get 5 and 10 because that's all doctors know really exists if they do. So that means where all the generics will be selling out and these will be ripe for the picking under the guise of prices (and no knowledge of vouchers) AND you get a better quality product at a steal of a price. No questions asked about the card either (www.zenzedi.com - once again) I gotta quit being so paranoid but I guess I had every reason to be.

Greyhound1
07-25-15, 11:21 PM
Wow, 20 mg Dex. IR really does exist. Glad to hear it works so well. Thanks for the update.

j_dubs
07-26-15, 12:43 AM
I only took one and it's like some guy said on here I think - on like 2 posts - he was raving about Zenzedi, and how it reminded him of the old GSK brown&clear Dexedrine in the 60s, and I really didn't see what he meant about it, but maybe they use the same imprint of the pill but they make it at a different factory. But the pharmacist at Rite Aid and everyone says they are the exact same pill (MIA 5 and MIA 10) as the Wilshire generics. Well I say because of regulations they are probably way more into QC/ratios/chemistry stuff there....I mean I'll be their lab rat and just say this is great and could seriously be a lifesaver. Now - I'm positive this is without insurance because I had no pre-authorization for it with my company. Anyway - I only took one and it's unlike anything I've felt really - one 20mg is almost too strong. (Think: MDMA, those type drugs, rolling etc if you have done it - this is a totally white light white heat formulation...it really makes me dizzy) Now I see why they make 2.5! No joke...Something about that 80% generic law, I notice a lot of tension where I Had my wisdom teeth out and aches and I feel less of that but a TON of anxiety, I already deleted facebook, so maybe this just is getting to the point I need to get away from things - I had a severe breach of privacy logged in 2 seconds to look at a record and a bandmate so called friend compromised my messages, info, posts - trying to undermine my relationships and compromise my personal info, which is stressful on top of my record selling online biz/crate digging. You can't trust anybody sometimes, people. God bless you all and I hope everyone can get their medicine in a good dosage at a high quality and low price. p.s. They (Wilshire/Arbor) should be more clear about the difference between the imprints if there really is a factory difference, because we don't miss a beat I guess.
--ps:one final edit:-- Thanks Arbor/Wilshire/amphetamine makers - this is the final word on ADHD meds IMHO.

Sickle
07-26-15, 11:28 AM
Mine are definitely coming because my insurance got billed already. I am getting the 15 mg ones because I just started. I do know my mail order has only 2.5 mg and 20 mg ones available in case costco can't keep them in stock so I will just get 90 days worth of them since I will end up on the 20 or 30 mg 3 times a day schedule.

A lot of pharmacies don't carry them but my Costco guy said if he has someone who gets them regularly, his supplier will have them for him. He said only one of his three suppliers carried it. But after my great experience with the Wilshire 10 mg brand, I have been THRILLED about getting these ones but Costco doesn't treat me like a criminal for asking for different brands like some places. The 180-240 of the 10 mg ones just got old for me after awhile so I can't wait.

j_dubs
07-26-15, 03:07 PM
Good to hear - I wouldn't worry too much about amount - these are so strong but really have no side effect profile - Part of it is I'm not used to taking brand name drugs, and this is an all new formulation. You still will be getting off good w/insurance I'm sure, but I just wanted to make sure I laid out what happened to me for people without, as this could be a lifesaver :yes: I imagine many people can get by with breaking them into quarters and halves which is what I was doing with the 10s but they all are garbage compared to these. All the comedowns and irritation and etc etc, I just fell asleep last night reading and it was so easy, I felt restful. I just take clonidine to sleep now and any spare seroquel if I really can't, but I got wicked anxiety I think because I still was on some 10s left over and it could have been a bad reaction. Waking today - I took a quarter of a Zedi and some coffee and I feel ready to go! I can think really clearly, and I've been taking zinc which is a good tolerance reducer (could be why I got kinda wrecked on a whole 20) but I realize I was zinc deficient for a long time and that helps the brain repair and keep levels normal I'm assuming - they always made me sick so I never took them, Centrums I mean - now I just get regular zinc.

I really want to see how this progresses. This is such great news for the ADD/ADHD world - they outlawed stuff like this because it was too abuseable - these have anti snorting/shooting fillers (crospovidone etc) but the medicine still is instant pretty much and when left under my tongue has a real sting and bitterness unlike the basically sugar saccharate Adderalls or something. (Sandoz weren't, but those are pretty quality generics) So now they make a higher mg dosage range, but I honestly can see why it was just kept at 5 and 10, I'm sure the GSK IR's were like this before the sellout or w/e. These are the purple hearts of the future I guess, haha.

Sickle
07-29-15, 02:28 PM
Yeah, mine came too. I am doing 15 mg 4 times a day. I have yet to feel anything but symptom improvement and appetite loss. They ARE much smoother than the Wilshire generic even though they are made by the same company. Mine are tiny too. I am VERY impressed with them. The costco in my area also said if the order is consistent then the supplier will keep it in stock. No other pharmacy could even order it except maybe Wallgreens but when I called to ask, they treated me like a junkie and said, "bring the prescription down here and we'll see if we can order it". I can understand pharmacy casing etc but to see if it can be ordered??

Either way, I am very content with this. It is smoother than even the old brand names Dexedrine or Dextrostat. No anxiety at all when they wear off, I just start yapping and I also don't need 90 mg a day either. I am pretty happy. I am very level and after a month on Daytrana and Ritalin in the AM after a 3-4 month med free period, I have to say I am impressed and I have a very decent pharmacist. I am shocked at how nice he was about my questions because I am not used to this anymore. When I was on the brand dex in a different town when I used to have to get 360 of the 5 mg ones and 90 of the Spansules, it was the same way but I haven't experienced much since. I feel like I am on a new med every time I get a different generic and I am not experiencing this anymore which makes me happy.

j_dubs
08-05-15, 09:26 AM
Yeah - I quit taking amphetamines due to a severe case of psychosis (remember I am a recovering addict) ended me up in the mental ward but it was really from no sleep methinks. But amphetamine psychosis is scary and I didn't realize what I was doing to my health and brain until it was far too late. But I'm okay, and will be managing my ADHD with other non-pill-related methods. I will say it's because these Zenzedi are stronger than I am used to, but the side effects from any amphetamines was really messing with me. I can actually focus better now that I'm not on it, so maybe I was mis-diagnosed - and anyway, my p-doc is a quack and I'm not going to him anymore. Just be safe people , I'm a living example of stupidity I guess ha ha. I do not have schizophrenia, schizo-affective, possibly may be slightly bi-polar (Bi Polar 2), but I definitely took a walk on the wild side and paid the price. Amphetamine psychosis is basically what it's like to live with a mental illness, and I have nothing but empathy and understanding for those that have schizophrenia, bipolar, or schizo affective (a close friend does have schizo-affective so I am well familiar with his stories)

Little Missy
08-05-15, 01:10 PM
Wow, that was quick. Glad to hear you are doing better, jdubs.

j_dubs
08-06-15, 06:39 AM
Thanks Missy. I found out my "doctor" was actually just a physicians assistant and I recommended a friend to see him and she got Xanax from him and, well, let's just say we had a wild night (I Didn't take any of her meds though!) and come to find out we ended up in the same institution at the SAME freakin' time! but I guess she was in a different ward. She does however have some mental issues but I'm sure xannies and red wine didn't help. I should have never strayed from the Mallinckrodt's but I'm glad it happened as it got me off amphetamines which I didn't necessarily want to take forever - they DID, however, get me through a year of not drinking. And it's not like I was abusing the heck out of em, but I couldn't sleep for a few nights and I am just assuming that is part of the reason I got psychosis. Thanks once again and this is still a great deal but just be warned these are strong - I see why they kept the dosage at 5 and 10mg - for example 20mg or 30mg is an insane dosage and even just one 20mg sent me in a flurry of creativity. Dangerous stuff - but I do realize brand name drugs are just insanely well made and strong in my experience. Really felt nothing like dextro but more like a roll pill or phenethlymine derivative (of which there are a myriad out there on the grey market etc etc - I saw some screwed up people in the mental ward coming off such drugs)

JohnPent
11-14-15, 07:28 PM
Just picked it up for my son. He's 12 in December, and my doc prescribed the highest dosage available. Does that sound right? He has not taken one yet.

Including pictures as it seems others have had trouble getting it. Took me four Walgreens to get it. Left personal info out:

http://i.imgur.com/K34sbPb.jpg and http://i.imgur.com/qORvnjd.jpg

Jenn1202
12-02-15, 05:38 AM
I've been trying to get my prescription filled for the past few week (Zenzedi 5mg), but it doesn't seem like any pharmacy can fill it. I've tried CVS, Walgreens, RiteAid and a couple of independent pharmacies in my area and they all said that their warehouses don't have it so they can't even special order it.

InformedPill
02-12-16, 04:30 AM
Zenzedi (30 mg) was obtainable via special order from my local Walmart and took about 4 days to arrive.. I strongly think that it depends on the way the pharmacist or head pharmacist runs their shop and how they feel about the drug or class of drugs in question. Curiously, a pharmacy nearby doesn't even carry Adderall.

So far, I've noticed that the Mallinckrodt's pack an initial punch while the Zenzedi's have a slower onset (but both are equally effective). For now, this may be an anecdote due to other variables, but I have a hypothesis as to why this might be, but I will test it first before spelling it out.

Dimirah
03-15-16, 07:09 AM
I received my first batch of Zenzedi yesterday. I did use that coupon, but it was actually in the form of a pamphlet that my doctor gave me and it was for a specific pharmacy. I received the 20 mg.