View Full Version : been on seroquel 25mg for over 2 weeks now

Cotter67
07-20-15, 03:49 PM
starting off slowly and working up to 100mg my pdoc said, had to stop dex as my anxiety was just going through the roof, check my threads on the Dexedrine forum lol, anyway im not schizophrenic or bi polar but my doctor seems to think Seroquel helps in extreme cases of anxiety, it is doing anything for me so far but im on a low dose, anyone else have experience with Seroquel? whats it like at higher doses because just now it aint doing **** lol.

dvdnvwls
07-20-15, 03:56 PM
Seroquel works a bit strangely - it's well known that it's no good at the low dose, but they have to start you on that anyway, and work up from there, because a too-high dose is much worse.

Cotter67
07-20-15, 04:07 PM
im confused as to how an anitpshcotic would help anxiety? does it clear your mind? stop the rapid thoughts?

dvdnvwls
07-20-15, 04:28 PM
I've never had an anxiety disorder and never taken an antipsychotic. But I do know one thing - the exact means by which this works is unknown. It has frequently been found to work, and reports of bad effects are low, and so doctors prescribe it. I suspect that one day in the past some doctor prescribed it to a patient for its usual purpose, and the person came back saying their anxiety was also relieved.