View Full Version : Been gone for a while -- daughter's diagnosis changed.

qanda
07-22-15, 12:06 AM
Haven't been here for a while. My daughters diagnosis has changed from ADHD to Mood Disorder to only Anxiety over the last several years. The parents of bipolar kids has a forum that is so supportive. Never some of those "sour" comments that some on this forum feel the need to have us suffer through.

qanda
07-22-15, 02:39 AM
My post was moved here but is was actually in response to someone. This someone made a sarcastic remark to a post another made about an alternative to prescribed meds. This someone basically suggested we should all try an enema with salt water and sand in every orifice in our bodies to help our symptoms with ADHD because that "worked for her". Then denied the fact that her response was a sarcastic response. So this post was never attended to be seen alone, out of context. Not sure why my post was removed while hers remained.

sarahsweets
07-22-15, 04:04 AM
look, I know my sense of humor can be sarcastic but I dont know why I keep having to explain to people that I was serious. No,I didnt take an enema into the ocean, and yes, sand is not something I would willingly try to shove where the sun doesnt shine but t did work. When I went, I had been constipated, clogged nose and sucky mood. I took some wonderfully hard hits and yes, I had sand and salt water from one and end the other and it DID help me. Re: the op in that thread, what he described is not what I call an alternative to meds, what he described was dangerous.

My post was moved here but is was actually in response to someone. This someone made a sarcastic remark to a post another made about an alternative to prescribed meds. This someone basically suggested we should all try an enema with salt water and sand in every orifice in our bodies to help our symptoms with ADHD because that "worked for her". Then denied the fact that her response was a sarcastic response. So this post was never attended to be seen alone, out of context. Not sure why my post was removed while hers remained.

Stevuke79
07-22-15, 06:42 AM
i think i actually follow what's going on here,..

Flory
07-22-15, 07:25 AM
Can confirm response was serious

someothertime
07-22-15, 07:38 AM
Moderator Note:

This thread / post was moved here because the post seemed to be more about etiquette / experience than said thread. I have requested this post be removed.... The posts in question have been removed, so have other posts and those that can be construed as innuendo. Apologies Sarah if yours was genuine. qanda, please understand that we do our best, and members also play a role in trying to make this place supportive. When it gets personal...... or not factual... either use ignore / report or PM said member and be polite about it as best possible. When in doubt use report. At all times..... try and be as factual as possible guys..... and help us help you by not adding fuel to the flames ;)

Said thread has been put back in the hands of the OP.

Any other questions PM me or another mod or start a thread in chit chat..... re: percieved rudeness and keep it general please.....

Peace!

Yes, Please Do the Following (http://addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15843)
Etiquette:

*Please remember that ADD Forums is a place for support. All members should feel comfortable at ADD Forums!

*Please be respectful to one another. People come from all different backgrounds and many have different ideas and views on different issues.

*Treat your fellow members with courtesy (especially if you disagree with them).

*Treating staff members with disrespect is grounds for suspension/banning.

*Avoid the use of foul language, flaming members, discrimination, innuendo and spam. This includes posts, visitor message, blog and private messaging.

* If you choose not to follow the etiquette rules/guidelines, your posts may be edited or simply closed with warnings by the moderators. If warnings are not followed, it could lead to a permanent ban depending on the severity.

*Also remember that members have the option to put other members on ignore. The ignore option may prevent heated arguments and further issues.

qanda
07-22-15, 08:51 AM
I certainly understand and even appreciate those who warn of the dangers of alternatives if these alternatives indeed include risks. Sarahsweets, you did NOT do that. You just said "sand is something I would not willingly try to shove where the sun doesn't shine", YET You literally said at the end of sarcastic post that you think we should all try this. So are you sure this isn't something you are recommending?

I don't live near the ocean, but have been around the block and back with meds & alternatives for my daughter, who can have some very, very difficult symptoms to deal with. So if indeed a jaunt in the rough ocean now & then would make her feel better I would be more than willing to try, or try to mimic this in some way as I don't live near the ocean. And her mood is the biggest concern, so I am interested in hearing some unusual treatments that worked for others for mood (with of course comments from those concerned of it's safety). I am NOT interested in wasting my time reading sarcastic rubbish, nor do I believe is how this forum was intended to be used as.

Stevuke79
07-22-15, 01:22 PM
I'm glad you found a place where you can get the support you need. :) that's really great.

I think you can take Sarah at her word. Even if you don't, what's the point going on the offensive and being negative about this forum? That's not a positive thing for anyone.

namazu
07-22-15, 03:56 PM
As the OP didn't intend to be an OP, and the thread is going nowhere fast, I'm closing it.

Please re-read Someothertime's moderator note.

If you have a concern about the content of a post as it relates to the topic of a thread, please feel free to challenge that content civilly (without insulting other members, and without jumping immediately to snark) within the thread.

If you have a problem with the tone of a post, and feel it insults members or otherwise violates ADDF guidelines (http://www.addforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=75), please report the post using the report button instead of piling on in the thread.

If you wish to express personal disapproval for a poster's tone or attitude, please do so (still civilly) using private messages (or the reputation system, if you have a principled complaint) rather than airing your grievances where they're likely to provoke further squabbling.

For questions about moderation decisions, please direct your inquiries privately to a moderator. If you have complaints about moderation, please direct those to our Administrators, Andi and Andrew. Bear in mind that moderators cannot be everywhere at once; please give us a heads-up using the report button for problematic posts, and please give us time to respond.

Thanks.