View Full Version : Strattera dose- Help !

oneoftwo
07-31-15, 08:46 AM
My daughter is 14 and 103 lbs. We are trying Strattera and I am curious of others around this weight what dose you are taking.

My daughter started at 18mg for one week
Then 36 mg for one week.

The doctor wanted her to do 25x2 (so 50mg total) after the 36mg and stay there for awhile to decided how it was working BUT my insurance will now only pay for either 40mg or 60mg. I am afraid the 60mg will be too much for her. Anyone have any advice? My biggest fear is too much will cause alot of side effects.

jman05
08-01-15, 10:38 AM
My daughter is 14 and 103 lbs. We are trying Strattera and I am curious of others around this weight what dose you are taking.

My daughter started at 18mg for one week
Then 36 mg for one week.

The doctor wanted her to do 25x2 (so 50mg total) after the 36mg and stay there for awhile to decided how it was working BUT my insurance will now only pay for either 40mg or 60mg. I am afraid the 60mg will be too much for her. Anyone have any advice? My biggest fear is too much will cause alot of side effects.

There aren't any horrible side effects with strattera and you can always lower the does if there are. You can also break open the pills and empty out some of the medication. I do it quite often.