View Full Version : Ages and Stages

mildadhd
08-01-15, 10:26 AM
When my son was 6 years old*, I asked him, and he could remember experiences that occurred when he was 2 years old*.

When my son was 10 years old*, I asked him, and he could remember experiences that occurred before he was 4 years old*, but he could not remember experiences that occurred when he was 2 years old*

When my son was 18 years old*, I asked him, and he could not remember experiences that occurred before 4 years old*.

What are the approximate ages and stages of development throughout the human span of life?

P

Abi
08-01-15, 10:31 AM
No one asked me during the various stages. I can remember as far back as 4.

BellaVita
08-01-15, 10:44 AM
I can remember before the age of 2, being in the crib and wanting my favorite lullaby to play on repeat over and over.

I would lay there waiting for it.

I would get restless and stressed if it wasn't played.

mildadhd
08-01-15, 11:36 AM
One of my earliest memories was of dad driving up a muddy road, next to our old house, pulling up in our old car,, and "I Shot The Sheriff" (Released 1973) playing on the radio.

Can't say for sure what year it was?

Funny thing was I was by myself and he was coming to pick me up, I think I wandered way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrnZSLwfzVs

P

Abi
08-01-15, 11:44 AM
Reminds me of joke from high school.

There was this teacher whose last name was Sheriff who hated my guts.

I was the Deputy Head Boy at the time (like a vice president of the student body )

People used to sing "I shot the Sheriff... but I didn't shoot the Deputy...."

Good times.

mildadhd
08-01-15, 11:59 AM
When I was over 19 years old I used to go to the bars.

I would sometimes meet a school friend from the next neighbourhood over, from my neighbourhood, and she would ask me if I remember the time I hid in her dog house?

But I had no memories.

Then about 20 years later, I had a dream, I was hiding behind her and her friend inside the back of the small dog house and hearing my mother frantically calling for me.

My mother confirmed the memory, when I described my dream.

I am guessing 4 years of age?

P

mildadhd
08-01-15, 02:27 PM
Interviewer: "..If you could give one piece of advice to parents, what would it be?"

Temple Grandin PhDs: .."That is going to depend on age, going to depend on age, I can't, I have to do that by age"..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKSDSblPMpA

Lunacie
08-01-15, 03:50 PM
I was 2.5 years younger than my brother. I remember mom and me walking
him to school or getting him after school when he started kindergarten.

So if he was 5, then I was 2.5.

I can remember visiting my great-grandmother, who died before I started
school, and I started kindergarten when I was 4.