View Full Version : Sleeping problems on Metamina ( Dexedrine)

Robin.B.P
08-08-15, 02:07 PM
Still on 30mg Cymbalta morning and 30mg evening for depression and 15 + 10 + 5mg Metamina that works wery good for me. After my last meeting with my doc i got Melatonin for sleep, i take 6mg every night but i dont think its working at all, so any help here would be great? :)

So i am a bit lost here after a long period with to little sleep. Its like Metamina dont work every day because of that.

On Vyvanse i sleept like a child, but its like Metamina is a totally different med in every way for me.

peripatetic
08-08-15, 06:44 PM
Stimulant efficacy will definitely decrease if you're not getting adequate sleep.

So how to get more sleep? Does cymbalta make you drowsy or keep you awake? I've not taken it, but if it makes you drowsy, you could ask about taking all 60 mg at night instead of splitting the dosage. If it makes you more alert, you could see about having the entire 60 as a morning dose.

You might try leaving off the third 5 mg dose of Dexedrine and see if that helps.

With melatonin, it can definitely knock me out, but for some it does nothing. It can also vary in potency by brand. You might try a different brand. I've found that it either works or it doesn't, so I'm unsure sticking with it would make a difference if it just doesn't work for you.

For sleep issues in general, also make sure you're getting adequate exercise and water and cleaner foods. Personally, I've also taken trazadone and that helps. It's technically a tetracyclic antidepressant, but not really prescribed for that and is often used for sleep.

Hope that helps x

Greyhound1
08-08-15, 07:24 PM
Robin,
You may want to look at your Cymbalta in the evening. I am on 30 mg. a day and originally was prescribed to take it in the evening before bed. I started sleeping worse the first night I took it. I tried it for a week and couldn't take it. I needed sleep. Spoke with Doc. and now I take it first at 6:00 am and my dextroamp. about an hour later. The change helped my sleep immediately.

I have been taking anywhere from 5-10 mg. of Mallinkrodt brand dextroamphetamine IR in the morning and occasionally the same around noon for a year now. The evening Cymbalta introduction definitely messed up my sleep even more.

Robin.B.P
08-10-15, 02:36 PM
Hi there and thank you for your time :)

I have stopped taking Cymbalta in the evening for to days, but so far the problem is not for the better.

I have to problems that makes sleep harder, one is restless legs and the other one is the Adhd part after the med. wears off. If i dont take my last 5 mg dose late it makes sleep much harder because of this. Guess i will have to wait a few days to see how it works out :)

dvdnvwls
08-10-15, 04:14 PM
There are many people who sleep better when they have a small late dose of stimulant, timed in just the right way, just like you described with your 5 mg.

All of them seem to say the same thing: that for them, their ADHD symptoms are the primary thing keeping them awake at night, and taking just enough medication to cut their symptoms down a bit allows them to fall asleep.

Pilgrim
08-10-15, 04:42 PM
There are many people who sleep better when they have a small late dose of stimulant, timed in just the right way, just like you described with your 5 mg.

All of them seem to say the same thing: that for them, their ADHD symptoms are the primary thing keeping them awake at night, and taking just enough medication to cut their symptoms down a bit allows them to fall asleep.

That's the same for me. I regularly can't sleep if I don't have an evening dose.
I've never really talked to the dr about it but there you go; I just start to really relax much better.

sarahsweets
08-11-15, 01:59 AM
Hi there and thank you for your time :)

I have stopped taking Cymbalta in the evening for to days, but so far the problem is not for the better.

You are still taking your prescribed dose right? Just not in the evening but in the morning?
I have to problems that makes sleep harder, one is restless legs and the other one is the Adhd part after the med. wears off. If i dont take my last 5 mg dose late it makes sleep much harder because of this. Guess i will have to wait a few days to see how it works out :)
Occasionally I get restless legs and its brutal. If feels like my nerves are on fire and pins and needles are all through them. In fact this happened to me sunday night. What I had to do was go downstairs and turn the ceiling fan on high and allow the cool hair to constantly blow on my legs. The stimulation from the air seemed to help the restless issue.

Robin.B.P
08-11-15, 10:50 AM
Yes i take 60 mg Cymbalta in the morning with 15 mg Metamina, and there is no doubt that Cymbalta at 60 mg taken in one dossage makes my Adhd part much worse, if my sleep dont get any better i will split it up again since that works better for my Adhd.