View Full Version : Vertigo - how to manage it?

Silvermoonstone
08-08-15, 11:02 PM
I.....might be posting in the wrong place. Sorry if I am..hehe.

I'm struggling with vertigo symptoms that makes me dizzy and disoriented. I've apparently had it for several years from an old injury to my jaw, but never noticed it because it slowly became more and more common to my life. It was always there, I just never noticed it.

Now that it's finally been diagnosed and I'm getting physical therapy, it comes and goes and it's...so...annoying! Now I have all this pent-up hyper energy and no where for it to be expelled! I love the fact my doctors found the evil culprit that's been stressing me all these years, :yes: but now I'm so energetic and impatient and eager to catch up on all the things I wasn't able to before, but I can't do anything because I'm still disoriented. :doh: It's 50/50 when I'm in vertigo-land and I'm not, and my day is going to be dictated on how I feel.

Right now, I need to work and get my life sorted out, but I can hardly focus most of the time. I was given my ADHD meds back (had to be taken off them during the first phase of treatment) but they do nothing to counter the vertigo. Heck, the reason I was taken off them in the first place, was because they might have been making my vertigo worse. (It causes water loss in the head/neck/shoulder muscles, which causes strain, which causes a domino effect to create vertigo)

Does anyone have anything, or any advice on how to manage vertigo symptoms alongside ADHD? I'm too hyper to ignore it @.@