View Full Version : The never ending cycle of depression

anonymouslyadd
08-13-15, 07:20 PM
I've fought depression on and off since I was a teenager. Today it's almost as strong as it has ever been as I battle economic issues that seem endless.

I feel like I'm alone. I want to talk to people. I need comfort from people. No one seems to be available, and I don't seem to have the ability to fully open up.I need to talk about what's bothering me.

I'm sleeping too much and want to sleep more. If I don't get myself straightened up soon, I may never fully recover. Help.

Abi
08-13-15, 07:22 PM
Wish I could.

Same boat.

Unmanagable
08-13-15, 07:49 PM
Wishing I had answers for you, but all I can offer is supportive energy and thoughts.

I strongly feel certain that if I weren't married to someone whose financial strengths keep us above water in our current lifestyle choices, I'd be in the same boat, and sinking swiftly.

Although I've dramatically reduced my expenditures since leaving the work force and have entered into some bartering scenes, that desperate feeling of not knowing what I'd actually be able to manage to do on my own lingers daily.

I'm going to go serve up dinner soon, but will be back around later. Please don't ever hesitate to send a pm if you want. Wishing you a lighter heart.

anonymouslyadd
08-13-15, 08:16 PM
Wishing I had answers for you, but all I can offer is supportive energy and thoughts.

I strongly feel certain that if I weren't married to someone whose financial strengths keep us above water in our current lifestyle choices, I'd be in the same boat, and sinking swiftly.

Although I've dramatically reduced my expenditures since leaving the work force and have entered into some bartering scenes, that desperate feeling of not knowing what I'd actually be able to manage to do on my own lingers daily.

I'm going to go serve up dinner soon, but will be back around later. Please don't ever hesitate to send a pm if you want. Wishing you a lighter heart.
Thank you.

:grouphug:

Daydreamin22
08-13-15, 09:05 PM
One thing I do now is excersise as much as possible. I also went to helpguide.org and did a lot of stuff that website told me to. I think it's helped more than I know. I'm sorry anon. Here for you.

sarahsweets
08-14-15, 05:18 AM
Are you treated for your depression?

BellaVita
08-14-15, 05:52 AM
:grouphug: :grouphug:

Sorry to hear you're struggling.

Have you talked with your doctor about your depression?

BellaVita
08-14-15, 05:55 AM
One thing I do now is excersise as much as possible. I also went to helpguide.org and did a lot of stuff that website told me to. I think it's helped more than I know. I'm sorry anon. Here for you.

Yes to this!!! :goodpost:

I suffer from chronic low-grade depression, that sometimes gets worse at times and other times disappears completely.

SSRIS never worked(in fact I had adverse reactions) as good as exercise does for me.

Seriously, I'm shocked at the benefits it's been bringing me. I'm happier, I have more energy, I'm more motivated, more full of life. My health issues also seem to be less overwhelming (my Crohn's, and exhaustion).

I mean I still have my struggles but it has definitely greatly improved my life.

Fuzzy12
08-14-15, 06:18 AM
It's always lurking around the corner.

Are you getting any help anon? :grouphug:

Daydreamin22
08-14-15, 09:58 AM
Yes to this!!! :goodpost:

I suffer from chronic low-grade depression, that sometimes gets worse at times and other times disappears completely.

SSRIS never worked(in fact I had adverse reactions) as good as exercise does for me.

Seriously, I'm shocked at the benefits it's been bringing me. I'm happier, I have more energy, I'm more motivated, more full of life. My health issues also seem to be less overwhelming (my Crohn's, and exhaustion).

I mean I still have my struggles but it has definitely greatly improved my life.

I know Bella! I've been excersising almost every day for a couple of years. It's really helped with depression I'm sure. I think I have what you have when it comes to depression. Sometimes it gets way worse than usual. Hate that.

phazonConduit
08-14-15, 10:19 PM
SSRIs never helped me. And the withdrawals don't feel worth it. I would try NRIs. Hang in there. My depression has a tendency to go into remission and then resurface when it gets the chance. I find it helpful to write it out--no specific format. Drawing has also helped me. Ignoring it is not the best thing, so I commend you for expressing your experience.

anonymouslyadd
08-15-15, 11:54 PM
Are you treated for your depression?
I take Wellbutrin, and it really helps me from getting too low.

anonymouslyadd
08-15-15, 11:55 PM
:grouphug: :grouphug:

Sorry to hear you're struggling.

Have you talked with your doctor about your depression?
I'm taking Wellbutrin and have had to take Paxil to alleviate my OCD symptoms.

anonymouslyadd
08-15-15, 11:56 PM
It's always lurking around the corner.

Are you getting any help anon? :grouphug:
I've been taking Wellbutrin for several years now. It's a savior.

phantasm
08-16-15, 07:27 PM
When you find an answer, let me know.

I watch movies or favorite shows so I can escape from reality just for a moment. Or I go outside.

Sometimes all it takes is negativity from others to bring me way down, and a kind word to help me see some light. Mostly why I keep to myself. The I never know what is gonna trigger me down the rabbit hole.

Do you have a good psychologist to help keep you "on track"? I know when I had appointments on a regular basis it helped keep me on track as to the areas I needed to work on.

anonymouslyadd
08-17-15, 12:31 AM
I know Bella! I've been excersising almost every day for a couple of years. It's really helped with depression I'm sure. I think I have what you have when it comes to depression. Sometimes it gets way worse than usual. Hate that.
I just did 60 leg raises and had a nice shoulder workout. It's cardio, but it's a start. :)

anonymouslyadd
08-17-15, 12:34 AM
When you find an answer, let me know.

I watch movies or favorite shows so I can escape from reality just for a moment. Or I go outside.

Sometimes all it takes is negativity from others to bring me way down, and a kind word to help me see some light. Mostly why I keep to myself. The I never know what is gonna trigger me down the rabbit hole.

Do you have a good psychologist to help keep you "on track"? I know when I had appointments on a regular basis it helped keep me on track as to the areas I needed to work on.
Sometimes something simple like a movie or complimenting someone really helps. Negativity from others is definitely a trigger.

I might have to invest in a psychologist or a good ADD therapist. I'll have to figure out how to afford that one.

coffeesudoku
01-23-16, 02:16 AM
Depression is something that is very hard to deal with, and it's even harder to talk with someone who doesn't have it or know much about it. Try and find a therapist that you can talk with, it might help you out a lot.

nuvisys
05-11-16, 11:23 PM
Depression, depression, depression. Overly depressed people commit suicide. There's no need to be depressed. Change your brain freq by listening to isochronic or binaural tones.

There's a saying, 'change the judges, change the winners'. So it is with depression, 'change you brain freq, change you mood.' To add more emphasis, use a CES device for depression, stress, and breaking bad habits. Commercial devices are not cheap. Since i assembled my devices, it's dirt cheap. If you order yours, its worth it.

nuvisys
05-11-16, 11:29 PM
For add, a good neurotheraphist is your best investment, esp if he/she is well versed in 'brain entrainment' and CES devices. Nothing against psychologists.