View Full Version : Whats the organic reason behind restlessness

LethalFocus
08-20-15, 02:24 PM
Whats the organic reason behind restlessness is it actually because the prefrontal cortex is damaged or where is this feeling of not coming to rest?
I tried to meditate and it said "watch your thoughts" but I literally do not have conscious thoughts only this feeling of restlessness..:lol:

Fuzzy12
08-20-15, 02:27 PM
I don't know but it's an interesting question.

Have you tried watching the restlessness?

LethalFocus
08-20-15, 03:00 PM

I guess I have to check down all the issues from zink issues from eating a more bio fruit diet and such.. :o

MikhailTal
08-21-15, 09:01 AM
Of course it's important to define restlessness. I move my legs a lot when I'm seated, or I twirl a cable with my fingers. It calms my senses when I'm a bit overwhelmed by enthusiasm or boredom.

I've tried meditation for a while, but it didn't help me a lot. Last sunday, I decided to take meditation to the next level. I now meditate two times a day; 20 minutes per session. Yes, it's difficult for someone so easily bored as I am, but the more you are distracted, the stronger your brain gets when you return to your point of focus (which could be feeling the air flow through your lungs). Being distracted while meditating is an oppurtunity to strengthen your concentration.

Watching your thoughts mean, knowing that you are thinking, why you are thinking a certain thought, and verifying the necessity of that particular thought. When you are conscious of your own thinking process and it's causal connections, you will be able to return to your point of focus, thereby strengthening your ability to focus.

Maybe I want it to work, but I believe I'm already becoming more calm and focused. Try it out!

SB_UK
08-21-15, 01:20 PM
Does this basic idea help ?

I have meditated once before while taking 10mg adderall. I do not have ADHD but I do find that it does help me concentrate. I found that meditating while taking adderall was actually very helpful: I was able to sit still longer and my mind went off on less tangents. I think it's definitely worth a try.

Pilgrim
08-21-15, 01:28 PM

It's anxiety. I think.