View Full Version : We are light blubz

Gilthranon
09-02-15, 04:21 PM
There is a big part of me that believes your personality is comparable to a light beam. Either you're the light, or the black -metaphorical non racist- . Tak one, I always find the light beam the best example to elaborate with. The further you go in life, the more space for different characteristics and attitudes you have. You can be anything, anyone you want to be, from a farmer to a rockest scientist or whatever, but you are still you. The further in life, the more space for complexity and attitudes that deviate so much one from another you'll be nearly unrecognisable. But you can't verge to the blackness outside your beam that is a different personality. You will still do it your way. Subtleties that are you.
This is exactly why I think 'you decide who you are'.
Or take the colour blue. You can go from purple to turquoise to near black to near white to brown to green. You can nearly be a different colour, yet never.
Or take the example of an actor.

Or just say your thoughts define you. Environment at early ages play the heaviest roles of course. What makes you ?

fracturedstory
09-07-15, 02:03 AM
I like this, especially because I play Destiny and am a Guardian of the Light.

salleh
09-13-15, 11:50 PM
...I'm not exactly sure I understand what you're driving at ...but let me give it a try .....

Sometimes I think I am absolutely inflexible, what I eat, what I wear , how I spend my time, that I must create to live, the kind of people I like ....

...And then I find myself interested in so many different things, and have so many different views on things ...I find so many things, attitudes, styles, places interesting ...and I can see myself living this way or that depending on what happens to me ....

...I have been a doctors daughter, private school, debutante, private art school, upper middle class child, with 7 years of college.....and I have been homeless and living in my car ....for many months, those are the extremes,...there are a whole lota points inbetween. ...at 65, I stay in one room in Cal, 6 months out of the year, and in the basement in Michigan 6 months out of the year, but my friend there indulges me in pretty much whatever I want ...( but I am not a greedy person, so that usually means what I like at the grocery store, and the occasional item of clothing)

...certainly not what I envisioned for myself at this age .....

...BUt I had to create ...and that's the real reason I ended up in this place .....

I have walked down so many paths, lived so many lives ....compared to most people that I find the kind of life they lead to be stifling, but part of me envies their families, their stability, their security ....then sometimes when I am driving at night and see houses, lights shining through curtained windows, and think of the families within, I can't help but wonder, did I do the right thing in choosing to follow my heart as an artist, it certainly hasn't given me much but satisfaction in my work ....no fame, no money ....the proverbial and constant starving artist...

..and as for being with just one person .....my first true love, if we had stayed together , maybe we would still be together, we still love each other ...but he is married and happy ...and he loves her too ....but part of each of us will always belong to each other ...

...as to the rest of the guys I have known, some of whom I loved for a while, none of them had enough variety in them to hold my interest for a long time ....too limited in their outlook ...too unbending in their relationships...

.....I am still trying to find the words.....I kind of get it I think ....but it's hard to pin down ....I do know the older I get, the wider my interests range ....

.....that's kind of it ...