View Full Version : children before diagnosis

sammc1981
09-03-15, 07:23 AM
is there many woman who had children before getting diagnosed and does life seem to get any easier with the right help

millies
11-16-15, 08:37 PM
I have three kids. All prior to diagnosis. I started the tests for add before I got pregnant with my last child, and took a break during the last weeks in pregnancy. I can't really answer your question, cause I'm not on meds yet, but I do think life gets harder, having untreated add and kids.

Polymorphed
11-16-15, 09:01 PM
My wife, yes. Two boys - 3 and a half and 5 next week. Only diagnosed in the past 4 weeks. Massive difference. The boys have ADHD, but now that she can remain calm and be the role model they need, they are calming down too.

Lunacie
11-16-15, 09:24 PM
I was a grandmother before I got my diagnosis!

Since finding treatment for that and for my comorbid anxiety, I'm a better role model for them.

I love my daughter and my grandkids and would do anything for them, and that mitigated some of the crap that came from not being diagnosed and treated.

But I have to wonder whether my oldest granddaughter (now 17) would be having panic attacks if I had been calmer and more in control when she was little.

I've been a stay-at-home-gramma since she was 4, when my daughter and I were both divorced and moved in together.

Polymorphed
11-17-15, 05:34 PM
I was a grandmother before I got my diagnosis!

Since finding treatment for that and for my comorbid anxiety, I'm a better role model for them.

I love my daughter and my grandkids and would do anything for them, and that mitigated some of the crap that came from not being diagnosed and treated.

But I have to wonder whether my oldest granddaughter (now 17) would be having panic attacks if I had been calmer and more in control when she was little.

I've been a stay-at-home-gramma since she was 4, when my daughter and I were both divorced and moved in together.

When you know better, you do better. :goodpost: