View Full Version : How important is the truth to you?

anonymouslyadd
09-03-15, 11:43 PM
Does the truth shape your opinions or will you hold onto a belief in spite of evidence contradicting that belief? Some may believe truth is relative and changing. Some may think finding the truth isn't a big deal.

What do you think?

Daydreamin22
09-03-15, 11:45 PM
I'm ALL about the truth. I rejoice in the truth.

anonymouslyadd
09-03-15, 11:49 PM
I'm ALL about the truth. I rejoice in the truth.
How come?

Daydreamin22
09-04-15, 12:00 AM
I think that a lot of people cover up things that have been done to hurt others, when the truth comes out, someone innocent gets relief

Luvmybully
09-04-15, 12:18 AM
Very. Very important.

Things are hard enough as it is, nevermind wondering if things are even true or not.

Abi
09-04-15, 12:28 AM
I think I'm fairly big on truth,

anonymouslyadd
09-04-15, 12:47 AM
I think I'm fairly big on truth,
What's the big deal about truth?

Abi
09-04-15, 12:50 AM
It's TRUE I guess.

I suppose for me it's a personality trait.... being very rationally/scientifically minded etc.

I seek objective truth.

sarek
09-04-15, 04:01 AM
Working to both speak the truth and learn the truth is one of my primary ongoing motivations.

Speaking the truth is not an easy path to follow as quite often, what one has to say, could be perceived as hurtful to my own ego or to that of the person I am speaking with.

Learning the truth is not easy either. Most truths are not set in stone, they flow and morph all the time. This whole world iis saturated with disinformation and ignorance, even about the most basic "facts" of life. Almost nothing is the way it seems.
I regard all the thing that I think I know as a "working hypothesis", so I can adjust whenever necessary.

Abi
09-04-15, 04:13 AM
^^ This

o TX o
09-04-15, 05:09 AM
Truth may vary in conversation. How important are the details in the truth?

anonymouslyadd
09-04-15, 05:39 PM
Learning the truth is not easy either. Most truths are not set in stone, they flow and morph all the time. This whole world iis saturated with disinformation and ignorance, even about the most basic "facts" of life. Almost nothing is the way it seems.
I regard all the thing that I think I know as a "working hypothesis", so I can adjust whenever necessary.
Can you give me an example of a truth that changes?

It's very concerning how much disinformation is contained in the world. I believe that truth is something to seek out, defend and promote. I'm sorry to see mankind choose other means of living contending that ignorance is bliss.

Gilthranon
09-04-15, 08:03 PM
Love rational thinking, but many people don't always like scientific reasoning I think

Imagine if everyone would be entirely themselves

Being hundred percent honest hasn't quiet always worked out for me the way I would have liked it to. I prefer smart dosages.

A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, the pure truth is downright fatal "Oscar Wilde"

Truth is only your picture of the same building from a different angle. No such thing as a one-and-only.

Besides - emotions cloud facts, the truth becomes such a relative term often ends up a mere vague indication (ok this was me fantasising away)

Little Missy
09-04-15, 08:18 PM
Honesty, humbleness, humility...

Pilgrim
09-04-15, 08:20 PM
The truth will always set you free, your truth and what others tell you. I think.

daveddd
09-04-15, 08:25 PM
truth is cool

subjective truth can be powerful and tough to face contradictory views though, i think that is more so in ADHD too