View Full Version : Vyvanse to Ritalin

LMS2015
09-06-15, 05:42 PM
Anyone here switch from Vyvanse to Ritalin and find it better? Or worse? I have been taking Vyvanse for months now and am currently taking 80mg day. I still cant get it to last beyond 4 hrs give or take and even though I have mentioned "boosters" to my dr, he just raises my vyvanse by 10mg instead of giving boosters. I DID try Modfinil...but it was very hollow and not helpful.

SO...I am thinking of just saying forget it, and trying Ritalin. I loved vyvanse when it was working but NOW when I take it, very little changes in the way of concentration, focus or motivation. It has also recently started making my face very red and hot which I HATE. Going back down to a lower dose now causes very bad crash effects almost immediately. My options are very limited because I can not take "normal" Extended release medications due to a shorter intestine and not being able to absorb it all. I am also Canadian and we don't have Adderall IR. That leaves Ritalin and Dexedrine IR which is basically the same as Vyvanse.

Vyvanse is the ONLY a.d.d med I have ever tried or taken and I have been afraid to change because I am afraid of side effects or crashes or making things worse. So wondering if anyone here has gone from Vyvanse to Ritalin and what YOUR experience was? Thanks A Bunch =)

Pilgrim
09-06-15, 05:44 PM
You will go back, probably. Give it a try though. Google it. Good luck.

sarahsweets
09-09-15, 04:45 AM
Ritalin wreaked havoc on my bipolar. Amphetamine drugs worked best for me.

karbouris
09-12-15, 03:18 PM
Dexidrene is ALOT different than Vyvanse. It's less anxiety provoking. Sounds like you may need to take a break for 2-3 days and then come back to it.