View Full Version : Strattera forum horror stories have me heading for the exit

Focus failure
09-08-15, 12:01 AM
Been diagnosed AD/HD - inattentive type, can't focus - last 2.5 years and I'm still trying to get pills right. Was on Ritalin and dexamphetamine and had better focus but hated the side fx eg panic attacks, tiredness. Recently had a month on Vyvanse, turned me into a zombie so I ceased. Now psychiatrist wants me on Strattera but side effects I'm reading on this forum make me gunshy about trying it. Maybe it'll take six months trying various levels and combinations and even then it may not work. My life was on hold for ONE month on Vyvanse. Was a zombie and couldn't do anything.
So my questions are .... does this forum reflect typical experience of patients on Strattera? Maybe this is just a small subset of the consumers? Maybe most people are happy on Strattera and don't need to vent on this forum? Maybe I should try coaching without medication? Don't feel like horrible side effects and that's what I get every time I'm on pills.

dvdnvwls
09-08-15, 12:36 AM
Vyvanse making you a zombie is probably just because your dose was too high. Or that caffeine was causing you problems while you had it, or both.

aeon
09-08-15, 03:47 AM
Other people’s reports of side-effects of a given drug should never influence one’s own decision to commence pharmacotherapy with said drug.

Why? The math...the statistics don’t support such wariness, for almost any drug.

I know, I know...so rational...that’s just how I roll.

Cheers,
Ian