View Full Version : Strattera Journal

jaythebull
09-08-15, 10:02 AM
I have been recently diagnosed with adult ADD. Due to the side effect profile of Strattera my doctor has started me out at 10 mg for the first two weeks. Then on to 20 mg and then 40 mg. So far I've not really noticed too much from the pill (I have been on them for five days). I have noticed an increase in my sex drive, a little more tired, and an overall edginess (more anxiety maybe). I'll try to keep this updated frequently as I ramp up the dosage of Strattera.

jaythebull
09-09-15, 10:15 AM
So today I took the last pill from the 10 mg 7 day trial bottle. I have one more 7 day trial bottle of 10 mg to go through. Then I go up to 18 mg for a week and then 25 mg for a week. At that time I have an appointment to see how I am doing.

I've really not noticed much of a difference on the 10 mg pills so far. I feel like every now and then a little clarity slips in but it doesn't last for long.

sarahsweets
09-09-15, 11:38 AM
Im surprised at how low the dose is although I get titration. I thought a starting dose was 40mg? I could be wrong though.

jaythebull
09-09-15, 01:47 PM
I am too. And I am about to call and see if I can up the dose, just not seeing anything at 10 mg at all. A little every now and then. But nothing lasting.

karbouris
09-12-15, 03:21 PM
You might ought to ask for the Sample pack. It covers 6-8 weeks. It tirates up from 20mgs to 80.

jaythebull
09-14-15, 09:23 AM
I'll have to see if they have any of those. I've got samples now, but it's not a pack. Just four different bottles.

jaythebull
09-14-15, 10:11 AM
I am starting to see a little on 10 mg. I go up to 18 mg in a few days, looking forward to upping the dosage. I think I'll stay on the slowly upping my dosage regimen now that I am starting to notice a few positives. The only side-effects that I have noticed so far is a definite decrease in appetite, sweating, and an occasionally all over cold or tingling feeling. I am noticing a small increase in focus/concentration.

karbouris
09-15-15, 11:45 AM
You probably won't feel that big of a difference on Straterra. I was on it for over 7 years. (13-20.) it didn't do squat for me and made my anxiety worse. Have you ever tried just straight up clonidine or Tenex? Both are far more effective than Straterra, if I wasn't naturally hypotensive I'd probably just clonidine. :/

jaythebull
09-15-15, 03:23 PM
You probably won't feel that big of a difference on Straterra. I was on it for over 7 years. (13-20.) it didn't do squat for me and made my anxiety worse. Have you ever tried just straight up clonidine or Tenex? Both are far more effective than Straterra, if I wasn't naturally hypotensive I'd probably just clonidine. :/

I have not tried either of those - I will look in to them. Thanks for your help!

IamHanSolo
09-26-15, 12:45 AM
So how are you doing now? I was on Strattera a few years ago for about 18 months and thinking of going back. I didn't have very much awareness of effect on my ADD, but I loved the sexual side effects! The Guanfacine I'm on now is killing me sexually and isn't really worth the gain in focus.

jaythebull
09-28-15, 01:17 PM
I am getting decent results with it. I am still at a low dose (working my way up).