View Full Version : Bipolar Rollercoaster!

MarSman
09-09-15, 09:53 PM
This is one rollercoaster ride I am ready to exit. It is so exhausting!

MarSman
09-10-15, 08:50 AM
Anyone have any experience with lithium?

MarSman
09-11-15, 11:44 PM
I started lithium today and I must say I am not a fan. I'm hoping the side effects will pass. I'm questioning whether it is worth it. I don't want to relapse into my suicidal depression but I don't want to feel this way either.

sarahsweets
09-12-15, 05:01 AM
I started lithium today and I must say I am not a fan. I'm hoping the side effects will pass. I'm questioning whether it is worth it. I don't want to relapse into my suicidal depression but I don't want to feel this way either.

Make sure you stay on top of bloodwork to keep an eye on your liver enzymes. Lithium can be tough on your liver.

MarSman
09-13-15, 09:33 PM
Thank you! I will do that. The doc said I will need to go in for blood labs next week. I know this is an "old school" drug but are there any long term effects or damage from taking lithium for an extended period of time? I don't need anymore problems. On a side note the headaches have subsided. :)

InvitroCanibal
09-15-15, 06:06 AM
Thank you! I will do that. The doc said I will need to go in for blood labs next week. I know this is an "old school" drug but are there any long term effects or damage from taking lithium for an extended period of time? I don't need anymore problems. On a side note the headaches have subsided. :)
According to my doc..
"Not when the levels are within the therapeutic range. "