View Full Version : Inadequacy

jansin920
09-14-15, 08:20 AM
As the title suggest, a person with ADHD will mostly likely have one hell of a ride during a lifetime. A miserable, hellish ride filled with fear, angst, suffering and pain. I'm speaking for myself because of what I have undergone during the 22 years of my life in this world, and frankly, it feels like I'm a waste of space in this world.

For me, I am spending my life unproductively; miserably failing at coping up with endless adult responsibilities, prioritising things that shouldn't be put to focus in the first place, pushing people away that actually matter in my life, and most of all, having a volatile attitude towards criticism. These are the pillars that I have created and made it stood so still that even the strongest of logic can't push it down.

Example: I know that having good listening skills is a must in a job I'm in right now, but I still get scolded for not being able to comply, and worse, I act as if I shouldn't be scolded in the first place. The good thing though is that I try to be more aware of my emotions and actions. Though it only lasts so long until I go back to my old ways. It is like a cycle of never-ending insanity, forever doomed to repeat the same mistakes again and again.

I think you guys may perceive this as some kind of hyperbole that doesn't really capture the true essence of what it feels like to have ADHD, but this is the kind of thing I deal on a daily basis, and I'm pretty sure you, the readers, can agree with what I am saying. I tend to look back more than I look forward, and I know this is mentally dangerous... yet I still do it anyways.

Damn. I'm missing a lot in my life, I hope you guys are doing okay. Sorry for the long post and for sounding like a broken record along the way.

Little Missy
09-14-15, 08:22 AM
Your post reads as though I have written it myself.

jansin920
09-14-15, 09:57 AM
Your post reads as though I have written it myself.

Glad to know you share the same feeling as i do Little Missy. These are dark times. :(

Little Missy
09-14-15, 12:23 PM
Glad to know you share the same feeling as i do Little Missy. These are dark times. :(

Well, not so much now but many years ago, yes.

Little Missy
09-14-15, 12:34 PM

Dark times, yes. Not within myself though.

jansin920
09-17-15, 02:11 AM
Dark times, yes. Not within myself though.

How are you doing so far Little Missy? Hope you're doing alright on your end. :)

Little Missy
09-17-15, 07:26 AM
How are you doing so far Little Missy? Hope you're doing alright on your end. :)

Very well actually, but every day has a challenge or two, frustrating moments or hours but as long as I remember to do the best that I am able to for this very day I am able to continue on.

jansin920
09-17-15, 08:34 AM
Very well actually, but every day has a challenge or two, frustrating moments or hours but as long as I remember to do the best that I am able to for this very day I am able to continue on.

How I wish to remember to even do my best, because sometimes i forget lol It's a good thing you're keeping this attitude of fighting on.

Little Missy
09-17-15, 08:48 AM
How I wish to remember to even do my best, because sometimes i forget lol It's a good thing you're keeping this attitude of fighting on.

Well, it isn't as easy as I make it sound when I write that. I usually am able to come to the 'do the best I can' inner dialogue after a whopping good cry, a lot of throwing myself around and frustration so great that I end up immobilizing myself staring for a bit.

But, without a good audience doth the actor make a great scene.

Plow on!:)

jansin920
09-17-15, 09:20 AM
Well, it isn't as easy as I make it sound when I write that. I usually am able to come to the 'do the best I can' inner dialogue after a whopping good cry, a lot of throwing myself around and frustration so great that I end up immobilizing myself staring for a bit.

But, without a good audience doth the actor make a great scene.

Plow on!:)

True! I usually have to feel bad about myself for about an hour or two and then get back up on my feet and try again. Not the most effective, but yeah better than not trying I guess haha :p