View Full Version : Maximum Residential Period

jansin920
09-17-15, 08:11 AM
It's almost over for me and my college life. But this is not one that takes the route of a happy ending, with the scenario of me graduating, but instead getting kicked out. After this term, I will be put under MRP, which means if I fail one subject, I'll be kicked out and will be blacklisted. Just thinking about it makes me wonder what the hell have I been doing my whole college life that I am at this current dilemma. I think I made a trap and activated it, only to hurt myself in the process.

Every decision I've made throughout college has all come down to this, getting kicked out. I'm surprised that the professors don't even care about it that even though I've been repeating some of their classes for the nth time already, they just have this blank expression on their face like it's all nothing to them. I guess they're just tired of seeing me fail and having me as their student all over again. I can't blame them either since they're teaching yet I was either not listening or was too lazy to ask and do my own thing.

I could be doing my thesis right now but my mind is all over the place that while I'm typing this, I watch youtube videos, draw a storyboard for my thesis, think of random things, tinker with my Iphone ... the usual ADHD stuff. It doesn't end there though. Since I'm also too distracted, I also have no sense of urgency not just with being kicked out, but thinking about my future too. Is this the epitome of what it means to have ADHD?

Little Missy
09-17-15, 08:59 AM
Are you able to be medicated? College was a lot of work for me but being medicated aced me through amazingly enough.

jansin920
09-17-15, 10:20 AM
Are you able to be medicated? College was a lot of work for me but being medicated aced me through amazingly enough.

My mother despises medication because she thinks it'll do otherwise. I didn't bother arguing with her about it since she has always been a tough nut to crack. I am doomed.

Little Missy
09-17-15, 12:29 PM
My mother despises medication because she thinks it'll do otherwise. I didn't bother arguing with her about it since she has always been a tough nut to crack. I am doomed.

It is now or never baby. Mummies can attach umbilical cords faster than you can cut them off. Unless you are under 18 it may be worth it to get a chain saw and free yourself lest the doom truly be.

Go forth and find a good doc. Now. It is your life.

dvdnvwls
09-17-15, 02:29 PM
Little Missy: I don't know the rules, laws, or expectations in the Philippines - not sure whether you do.

dvdnvwls
09-17-15, 02:37 PM

You're not doomed. You have a problem to solve, and unfortunately your mother isn't helping with this part. But in an emergency, if the door is blocked, you open the window - if you know what I mean. Maybe medication isn't an option right now because of your mother's strong opinions, but there are other things you can do to improve the situation. Be creative, and don't give up.

Don't spend a lot of time and money trying other supplements - most of them don't help. The really expensive ones are the worst. For some people, omega-3 fish oil is helpful, and if it's available where you are it's usually not too expensive.

The real way that you are going to improve your results is strategy - because that's what you've always got, and no one can take that away. Finding ways to succeed, when the usual way that everyone else is using doesn't work. Look around on the forum to find ADHD strategies for school and studying. Create a new thread asking for more, if what you find isn't what you need. Many of us have been through similar experiences - we're all different, but there's still a lot of information and help to share.

Little Missy
09-17-15, 07:40 PM
Little Missy: I don't know the rules, laws, or expectations in the Philippines - not sure whether you do.

eeek! :eek: no, I am not familiar with Phillipines laws. Thank you.

jansin920
09-17-15, 08:35 PM

If you come here to the Philippines, there won't any be rules or laws. I would love to rant about it but that'll be for another post I guess.

jansin920
09-17-15, 08:41 PM
You're not doomed. You have a problem to solve, and unfortunately your mother isn't helping with this part. But in an emergency, if the door is blocked, you open the window - if you know what I mean. Maybe medication isn't an option right now because of your mother's strong opinions, but there are other things you can do to improve the situation. Be creative, and don't give up.

Don't spend a lot of time and money trying other supplements - most of them don't help. The really expensive ones are the worst. For some people, omega-3 fish oil is helpful, and if it's available where you are it's usually not too expensive.

The real way that you are going to improve your results is strategy - because that's what you've always got, and no one can take that away. Finding ways to succeed, when the usual way that everyone else is using doesn't work. Look around on the forum to find ADHD strategies for school and studying. Create a new thread asking for more, if what you find isn't what you need. Many of us have been through similar experiences - we're all different, but there's still a lot of information and help to share.

I haven't spent one single penny on medication actually. But I am shamefully wasting tons of money for my tuition fee. But you're right, I need to have a coping strategya and adapt to my situation. I actually found some post here in the forums that would help alot! Thanks for the encouragement dvdnvwls, you make great points. :)