View Full Version : How Do I Explain What Anxiety Feels Like to Others?

aicherrrr
09-18-15, 05:10 PM
Good Evening,
My name is Hamza, I am a former sufferer of really bad panic attacks and constant anxiety. Of course it still lives within me but I have it under control now. I'm here to learn from all of you and to share my own experiences. Looking forward to meeting you all. I just released my latest article and would like to share it with all of you.
Sincerely,
Hamza
My latest blog entry: http://primallogic.com/how-do-i-explain-what-anxiety-feels-like-to-others/

Little Missy
09-18-15, 08:00 PM
I could only read part of it because I began to get real anxious because you wrote it so descriptively!

Overkill
09-21-15, 01:43 PM
I usually just say..."imagine that every time you think, feel, or become self aware it poisons you, and if you think or feel yourself too much...you will die...now don't think of a pink elephant.", lol

coffeesudoku
01-21-16, 12:31 AM
One thing that helped me out a lot when I was talking with my friends and parents was showing them articles that I found. There are some really good ones out there that were very good. And they were able to describe them very well.

KarmanMonkey
01-21-16, 10:54 AM
Something that isn't the same, but feels similar, is that feeling when you're off balance and going to fall, and you catch yourself at the last second... Except that feeling is stretched over a looooong time.

Little Missy
01-21-16, 11:00 AM
If it is extreme I feel like I'm going to have a heart attack, but I'm not. I try to remember Happy Premise Number Three: Even though I feel as though I might ignite, I probably won't.

KarmanMonkey
01-21-16, 11:09 AM
If it is extreme I feel like I'm going to have a heart attack, but I'm not. I try to remember Happy Premise Number Three: Even though I feel as though I might ignite, I probably won't.

One worry I have is that one day I WILL have a heart attack, and incorrectly assume it's a panic attack.