View Full Version : PLEASE take this poll...I REALLY want your input!

Overkill
09-21-15, 01:52 PM
I just want to see the correlation between those of us who have at some point "learned" that it is only through 100% mental effort that any desired change or result can be achieved.

Whether that is studying for a test, training in a sport or physical exercise, being your best self, overcoming anxiety depression, or any other aspect of life.

Please think of the earliest or even the most current circumstance you are involved in that you have formed or were taught that it is only an absolute 100% "mental" effort that is needed in order for you to have the greatest chance of success in whatever endeavour you desire.

You can choose more than one answer.
Also, if you can, please give a short description on why you chose the answer you did.
THANKS!

Unmanagable
09-21-15, 02:21 PM
I chose it's absolutely required. I feel my learning experiences have taught me that regardless of the overall amount of effort involved, there has to be a first step, and that requires mental effort on my part.

There are times when things seem to magically happen and go so smoothly that it appears to be effortless, but I still had to put forth some type of mental effort to manifest it, be it via setting an intention or thinking and planning through the steps.

Fuzzy12
09-21-15, 03:40 PM
I'm not sure I understand the question. 100% mental effort as opposed tk? Other types of effort? Or other types of situations? Or other requirements (like opportunity, support, etc) And what is mental effort? Will power? And what is 100% mental effort?

I highly doubt that anything is 100% of anything..unless it's self evident ..forgot what it's called..(like 100% of all humans are mammals)

Abi
09-21-15, 03:51 PM
Why try at all?

aeon
09-21-15, 06:48 PM
I said never required, because in my experience, every time I gave 100% mental effort, things went pear-shaped.

You have to engage on physical, emotional, mental, intuitive, and trans-personal levels of awareness to succeed at the most important areas in life.

Now, what you might call success and what you would define as most important likely differs from me, so my answer, as it pertains to anyone other than myself, is likely irrelevant.

But since you asked... ;)

Namaste,
Ian

dvdnvwls
09-21-15, 09:35 PM
Overkill: I really don't understand the question. I think maybe you're making some major assumptions that you haven't mentioned, or something like that.

daveddd
09-22-15, 04:45 PM
depends , some things are effortless for me , so much so it shocks people close to me

but other things are as close to the word impossible i like to use even when giving 100% mental effort