View Full Version : inner void

LethalFocus
09-22-15, 02:27 PM
I have this inner void..
void is like there is something missing but I can't pinpoint it. Anybody ever felt this before?

Fuzzy12
09-22-15, 03:03 PM
All the time, for pretty much as long as I remember. I used to think it was because I didn't believe in anything and didn't have anything to hold on to but curiously the void lessened when I started taking stimulants .. Or maybe I was just so busy happily doing stuff that I didn't feel the void anymore.

The feeling gets worse with depression for me..or I feel it more, heavier and more disturbing when I'm depressed.

Little Missy
09-22-15, 04:15 PM
Even when I feel the most content The Void is always there. Always. And it aches horribly.

daveddd
09-22-15, 04:33 PM
a black hole, with no relief in sight

Tmoney
09-23-15, 09:11 AM
I have had the void, but I usually know why. Projects or promises I have made but have not got around to completing. Or maybe an unresolved issue with someone that is just weighing on my mind.

Once I deal with what I've been avoiding the feeling goes away.

sarek
09-24-15, 02:35 AM
Maybe its a memory of something we never had. (at least, not in THIS life).

I found that reconnecting with my soul's purpose has made the void go away.

Donny997
09-24-15, 09:53 PM
Maybe its a memory of something we never had. (at least, not in THIS life).

I found that reconnecting with my soul's purpose has made the void go away.

I get this feeling sometimes. It comes and goes. I agree with Sarek that usually I experience that feeling more when I'm not being true to myself in whatever situation. Maybe it's a job I don't like or doing something with friends I really don't want to be doing, but do it anyway.

MikhailTal
09-25-15, 05:07 AM
'The void' is such an abstract and subjective concept, that I find it difficult to discuss it. There was a time when I would say that I knew 'the void' when people asked me about it. In retrospect, I believe that it's the absence of any emotion, thought or ambition. Something like apathy, or feelings of disconnection. I still have these moments of emptiness, but I'm able to regard and experience them as moments of contented ascetism. I strongly believe that meditation has changed the way I look at this phenomenon that we perhaps could call 'the void'.

Gilthranon
09-25-15, 06:09 AM
I have this inner void..
void is like there is something missing but I can't pinpoint it. Anybody ever felt this before?
One of those rare moments you're not troubled by anxiety of that old feeling you know you forgot something or something not working out well ? It's called feeling relaxed ;)

Little Missy
09-25-15, 07:58 AM
One of those rare moments you're not troubled by anxiety of that old feeling you know you forgot something or something not working out well ? It's called feeling relaxed ;)

But The Void beckons regardless.

Gilthranon
09-25-15, 08:10 AM
Well - you can attempt to enjoy it :) white beaches, palm trees, coconut cocktails, ocyan shore

Little Missy
09-25-15, 08:29 AM
Well - you can attempt to enjoy it :) white beaches, palm trees, coconut cocktails, ocyan shore

It is fleeting.

Gilthranon
09-25-15, 08:32 AM
... what ? You know what, nevermind.

Gilthranon
09-25-15, 09:16 AM
It is fleeting.
Wait what do you mean fleeting ? :confused:

loverainbow
12-30-15, 02:42 PM
Yes. I have changed jobs, changed countries, changed social circle, changed my "personality" ( or how I'd present my self to the world), changed my looks. It is still there. Maybe I am too scared to let go of this "void" because then, what? I am content? Then I am afraid to lose my fire, things that drive me so far in life without meds for 24 years. Thank you for this. Taking notes and bringing this to my pdoc later.