View Full Version : teary eyes

LethalFocus
09-22-15, 04:54 PM
Anyone ever dealt with teary eyes? I have it 99% percent of the time I'm outside. I hardly can communicate my intentions to others because my eyes are so damn teary.. Then everyone assumes I must be either crying or burnt out of anger.. but I'm neither!! I get my blood work checked and my thyroid but what could it be? I already went to three eye doctors and they said I just take normal eye fluid but that stuff never works.. I just want to have a clear sight without teary eyes?? Even when it's SUNNY my eyes tear..oh man.

dvdnvwls
09-22-15, 05:36 PM
Hmmm... I've had a very slight problem with this, only a few times. Maybe mine is not the same thing, but I wonder.

Things you might think about:

Do you stay inside more than most people? Is it possible that going outside has become uncomfortable for your eyes because they aren't used to it anymore?

Is it possible that you're dehydrated and your fluids out of balance? What happens if you drink a lot more water?

Are you tired/sleepy all the time?

Greyhound1
09-22-15, 05:53 PM
Anyone ever dealt with teary eyes? I have it 99% percent of the time I'm outside. I hardly can communicate my intentions to others because my eyes are so damn teary.. Then everyone assumes I must be either crying or burnt out of anger.. but I'm neither!! I get my blood work checked and my thyroid but what could it be? I already went to three eye doctors and they said I just take normal eye fluid but that stuff never works.. I just want to have a clear sight without teary eyes?? Even when it's SUNNY my eyes tear..oh man.

I also have very sensitive eyes to sunlight and I live in Florida the sunshine state. My only suggestion would be to invest in several pairs of decent polarized sunglasses. So you can always have a pair handy. I can't see without them on most days.

The tears and squinting without are too much and I will usually get a headache.

dvdnvwls
09-22-15, 06:00 PM
My only suggestion would be to invest in several pairs of decent polarized sunglasses.

Maybe it is as simple as that. And I like simple solutions. :)

Lunacie
09-22-15, 06:08 PM
Have you been tested for allergies?

LethalFocus
09-23-15, 11:41 PM
Hmmm... I've had a very slight problem with this, only a few times. Maybe mine is not the same thing, but I wonder.

Things you might think about:

Do you stay inside more than most people? Is it possible that going outside has become uncomfortable for your eyes because they aren't used to it anymore?

Is it possible that you're dehydrated and your fluids out of balance? What happens if you drink a lot more water?

Are you tired/sleepy all the time?
Yup tired sleepy all the time.

Have you been tested for allergies?
I should test for allergies good idea..

Lunacie
09-24-15, 12:18 AM
Yup tired sleepy all the time.

I should test for allergies good idea..

I think the idea of wearing sunglasses is worth trying, but I was remembering
when I was a kid and my sunday school class met in the church basement.
Every sunday morning I'd take a hanky with me because no sooner had I sat
down than my eyes began watering. Didn't happen as consistently anywhere
else. Had to be an allergy.

You could try taking a daily Claritin or Zyrtec (or store brand) for a week and
see if that helps. Might have to try both or another brand. Claritin does
nothing for me, but it helps my friend Steph. Zyrtec is the only antihistamine
that ever helped me (mostly sneezing ... head explosion sneezing).

sarahsweets
09-24-15, 04:41 AM
What color are your eyes. I have blue eyes and they are extremely sensitive to light and any other unusual irritants. My husband and family all have brown or hazel eyes and I seem to be the only one who has these issues, I have 4 pairs of sunglasses in varying degrees for evverything from bright sun, dusk, cloudy days and even night vision due to oncoming headlights.

Greyhound1
09-24-15, 09:57 AM
What color are your eyes. I have blue eyes and they are extremely sensitive to light and any other unusual irritants. My husband and family all have brown or hazel eyes and I seem to be the only one who has these issues, I have 4 pairs of sunglasses in varying degrees for evverything from bright sun, dusk, cloudy days and even night vision due to oncoming headlights.

My eyes are blue as well. Is there something with blue eyes that makes them more prone to sensitivity?

BellaVita
09-24-15, 10:51 AM
My eyes are blue as well. Is there something with blue eyes that makes them more prone to sensitivity?

I think I've read that somewhere.

I have blue-green eyes and DANG sun burns, if I don't wear a sleeping mask while I sleep it feels like the sun is burning my eyes and it will literally wake me up. (At a too early time)

I even get nauseous when I go outside when it's midday and the sun is shining bright.

And I can't stand sunlight when I'm in a car, I don't know why but it coming through the glass just makes me feel like I'm getting attacked by lasers.

Lunacie
09-24-15, 11:22 AM

Yes, there is something in blue eyes (actually something lacking in blue eyes)
that makes them more sensitive to sunlight than brown or black eyes.

https://www.dukemedicine.org/blog/myth-or-fact-people-light-eyes-are-more-sensitive-sunlight

" . . . photophobia -- the term used to describe light sensitivity -- typically affects people with light eyes because they have less pigmentation in multiple layers of the eye than those with darker eyes. Because of this, they are unable to block out the effects of harsh lights like sunlight and fluorescent lights.

KarmanMonkey
09-24-15, 02:25 PM
My eyes tear up something fierce when it's even a little windy; I've always thought of it as my eyes being more sensitive than most. I also have allergies, but the wind thing happens even if the allergies are well treated or out of season.

Greyhound1
09-24-15, 08:34 PM
Yes, there is something in blue eyes (actually something lacking in blue eyes)
that makes them more sensitive to sunlight than brown or black eyes.

https://www.dukemedicine.org/blog/myth-or-fact-people-light-eyes-are-more-sensitive-sunlight

Thanks Luna,
That makes a lot of sense. I have never really thought about it. I just complained.

Lunacie
09-24-15, 09:08 PM
Thanks Luna,
That makes a lot of sense. I have never really thought about it. I just complained.

Me too. It was interesting to find that information.

LethalFocus
09-25-15, 03:52 AM
I think the idea of wearing sunglasses is worth trying, but I was remembering
when I was a kid and my sunday school class met in the church basement.
Every sunday morning I'd take a hanky with me because no sooner had I sat
down than my eyes began watering. Didn't happen as consistently anywhere
else. Had to be an allergy.

You could try taking a daily Claritin or Zyrtec (or store brand) for a week and
see if that helps. Might have to try both or another brand. Claritin does
nothing for me, but it helps my friend Steph. Zyrtec is the only antihistamine
that ever helped me (mostly sneezing ... head explosion sneezing).
I thought about using an eye creme moisturizer I found alot of them in these bio health stores they supposedly promote healthy eyes but there are lots of them I guess I just have to try it out.
my eyes are brown and turn sometimes after it rained outside hazel.

sarahsweets
09-25-15, 03:52 AM
Something else I just thought of: sometimes the tiniest little speck of something can get in my eye and irritate it so much, even after its no longer there. I know I need to use eye gel drops because I also have very dry eyes.