View Full Version : Mallinckrodt Dexedrine in NYC?

LillyAnderson19
09-28-15, 10:34 PM
Hey everyone,

I was diagnosed with Adult ADHD/inattentive type two years ago and was given Adderall IR and XR on separate occasions. At first, both worked great. But after a month or so, I noticed both the IR and XR formulations made me tired, I had trouble breathing and my hands/feet were cold and blue. It was lowering my blood pressure every time I used it from then on, even after taking breaks from it.

My pdoc put me on Dexedrine. The generic brand I'm using isn't doing much for me. It's by Corepharma and is very weak. Sometimes, I can't even feel it :confused:. I tried Vyvanse before and could easily feel it kick in, so it's not the PNS difference between the Adderall and Dexedrine that makes me think Dex isn't working.

I wanted to try the Mallinckrodt generic brand of Dex, since I've heard rave reviews about it being strong and lasting a long time. However, when I call pharmacies, they either don't have Dex in stock or want the prescription in their hands before answering any questions.

Does anyone here live in New York City and know of pharmacies that carry Mallinckrodt Dextroamphetamine Sulfate 10 mg tablets IR? I have classes and need to focus in them, as well as finding another full time job ASAP. Any recommendations is greatly appreciated :).

sarahsweets
09-30-15, 10:57 AM
I noticed both the IR and XR formulations made me tired, I had trouble breathing and my hands/feet were cold and blue. It was lowering my blood pressure every time I used it from then on, even after taking breaks from it.
If this happened with adderall its likely that it can happen with dex. Amphetamines are vaso-constrictors so the cold hands cold feet thing might not go away.

My pdoc put me on Dexedrine. The generic brand I'm using isn't doing much for me. It's by Corepharma and is very weak. Sometimes, I can't even feel it :confused:. I tried Vyvanse before and could easily feel it kick in, so it's not the PNS difference between the Adderall and Dexedrine that makes me think Dex isn't working.
What made you stop taking the vyvanse?

I wanted to try the Mallinckrodt generic brand of Dex, since I've heard rave reviews about it being strong and lasting a long time. However, when I call pharmacies, they either don't have Dex in stock or want the prescription in their hands before answering any questions.
Brands can be different but be careful before assuming the medicine doesnt work or that its because of brand.
You shouldnt feel your meds. They sort of hum along in the backround.

LillyAnderson19
09-30-15, 01:45 PM
Hi Sarahsweets,

I originally stopped Vyvanse because my health plan wasn't going to pay for it anymore. It worked only for about 2-3 hours before I couldn't focus on anything.

The generic Dex I'm on now isn't causing any cold hands or feet, or chest pains, like Adderall did. It helps me focus a little bit, but I can't predict when it will start/stop working.

I heard that either Mallinckrodt or Willshire were two good generic brands to try, because they were effective. If you know any place in New York City that carries either brand, please let me know:).